Aaron pico to make his debut on Bellator PPV

is there any fotage of him fighting? i've been playing soccer since i was a kid but pro team players would own me

Does your youth soccer resume look similar?

Boxing Accomplishments:

• 2008 Desert Showdown Champ – Indio, CA
  • 2008 California State PAL Champ - Oxnard, CA
  • 2008 National PAL Champ – Tournament Outstanding Boxer Award– Oxnard, CA
  • 2009 Desert Showdown Champ – Indio, CA
  • 2009 National Junior Golden Gloves Championship Champ – Mesquite, NV Tournament Outstanding Boxer Award
Pankration Accomplishments:

• 2008 – National Pankration Championships Champ – Santa Ana, CA[27]
  • 2009 – CA State Pankration Championships Champ – Santa Ana, CA[28]
  • 2010 – Golden Cup European Pankration Champ – Kharkov, Ukraine
He basically won everything boxing and pankration event he entered before switching to wrestling only

Does your youth soccer resume look similar?

Boxing Accomplishments:

• 2008 Desert Showdown Champ – Indio, CA
  • 2008 California State PAL Champ - Oxnard, CA
  • 2008 National PAL Champ – Tournament Outstanding Boxer Award– Oxnard, CA
  • 2009 Desert Showdown Champ – Indio, CA
  • 2009 National Junior Golden Gloves Championship Champ – Mesquite, NV Tournament Outstanding Boxer Award
Pankration Accomplishments:

• 2008 – National Pankration Championships Champ – Santa Ana, CA[27]
  • 2009 – CA State Pankration Championships Champ – Santa Ana, CA[28]
  • 2010 – Golden Cup European Pankration Champ – Kharkov, Ukraine
just to make it clear i wasn't hating, looks pretty good he may do well in bellator

From a comment on one of his videos

"
Pico has fought in 5 junior tournaments in 08 and 09 including the National Junior GG's and won all 5 tournaments and was named "Outstanding Boxer"in both the Junior Nationals and PAL Championships. Now this is 7 and 8 years ago and I am sure the coaching he has today is on the pro level! As someone stated "In boxing your power is generated from your legs and waist but he is wrong in stating the last thing that generates power is arm extension". When you learn to punch correctly you snap your wrist with your hands which generates a lot of power! Whatch someone who is an arm puncher with no power and you will notice that they just "push their punches".

From watching Pico in the ring I can see he is a natural southpaw who boxes in an orthodox stance, but also has pop in his right. For anyone who has never stapped in a ring nothing hurts like a shot to the liver! Guys who watch boxing on TV think a guy getting dropped or knocked out by getting hit on the chin or the temple must be very painful=it is not. I have been involved in boxing in one asset of the game just about my entire life and the only time my ass ever hit the canvas was the very first time I sparred at age 11 and I thought someone took a picture and then realized I was sitting on my ass for a 4 count.

I think Pico has excellent skills and you would kill for a kid to walk in the gym with a hook like that to the liver which he brings right over to the chin ( which is the most painful shot in boxing with a good shot to the solar plexus being a close second". I also don't know what someone is talking about his rehearsed mitt work? A trainer calls out the punches (a lot of guys use numbers) but nothing is rehearsed lol. I personally don't like or use the slapping of the mitts on the gloves, but Freddie Roach and Floyd Mayweather Sr both use it and are two of the best trainers in all of boxing. Pure knockout artist are born that way though with the right coaching you can teach a fighter to have more "pop" on their punches. Watching Pico he has some serious power on his left and enough on his right to make an opponent leary of it.

I don't know when Pico's MMA debut is set for but I am sure he has the right people behind him who aren't going to push him in the cage before he is ready. He is a beast of a wrestler and his boxing skills are better then a lot of pro MMA fighters I watch on TV who are 10 years+ older then him. The only aspects nobody I know are sure about are his kicking and BJJ skills which I am sure that he has been working on for a few years.

Def looking forward to his debut, I expect it to be against an overmatched opponent but I'm def hyped to see how he looks.

Lol Google. He's been boxing since he was a kid and is a world class wrestler having placed at senior level world tournaments as an 18 year old

Supposedly he KOed Josh Thompson in the gym which is why Thompson pulled out of the card where he was supposed to fight Chandler.

is there any fotage of him fighting? i've been playing soccer since i was a kid but pro team players would own me
have you been recruited by any professional teams? Because he was personally recruited by a professional fight promotion.

Here's Pico comfortably handling Zain Retherford, who just won his second NCAA title by way of pinning or teching every one of his opponents.

why do people think he will be good at mma? just because he can wrestle?

I don't understand your skepticism? Many of the best prospects in MMA end up being duds and turn out not to be great fighters. This is a risk anyone with a shred of intelligence understands. That being said, credentials are often the best criteria of which we have to speculate on prospects and their potential, especially before they've even made their debuts.

Aaron Pico was a 3x National Champion in Highschool wrestling, he was a world champion at the Highschool games in Freestyle wrestling, he went to the U.S. Olympic Trials straight out of highschool at only 19 and they offered to pay him to stay with the Olympic team and train for the 2020 Olympics but he chose MMA instead, even over a college education at any Ivy League University and a D1 wrestling career. Aaron Pico is an elite level athlete who was the best in the world at his age in the United States and arguably the world in wrestling. He has a background in boxing and Pankration, he chose MMA over staying at the Olympic training center and wrestling nationally and internationally. The guy is only 20 years old, he's starting at the right time. You have every reason to be excited about him as a prospect in MMA. It is very possible he'll never be a top 10 fighter in the UFC, it's even more likely he'll never be a champion but watching a young fighter develop and answer these questions is very, very exciting. Much more exciting than watching a 40 Year old retiree Vitor Belfort get fragged by Kelvin Gastelum if you ask me.

Last edited:
Im pretty excited to watch this kid fight... he is for sure the most intriguing prospect in MMA.

Plus if he does well then it would set a precedent in the way he got scouted. We could get some good talent into mma.

Back