Aaron Pico Looking Great

I loved that call out. Call them out on their intolerant behaviour good on Pico.
And shame on De Jesus corner saying “show some class” when their fighter is the one “mad dogging” his opponents coaches while they are by themselves.
Don’t tolerate intolerance knock em out and tell it like it is. War Pico!

Has he ever used his wrestling to win a fight? Pico is 4 years into his career and still knocking out regional guys.

Is there any real difference between his first opponent 4 years ago and his last one ?

That's some absurd power for a 145 pounder. He sent that guy flying.

Has he ever used his wrestling to win a fight? Pico is 4 years into his career and still knocking out regional guys.

Is there any real difference between his first opponent 4 years ago and his last one ?

did you watch the fight?

Pico has been primarily using takedowns, top control and ground and pound since moving to Jackson-Wink. It just turned out he knocked out this guy standing after smashing him with ground and pound for most of the fight.

Pico is looking very good. Definetly more disciplined. Not trying to go on some crazy Mike Tyson KO run...but still knocking out guys regardless but putting his game together.

I think he’s ready to maybe avenge a couple of those losses. I think Borics or Coralles should be next.

I loved that call out. Call them out on their intolerant behaviour good on Pico.
And shame on De Jesus corner saying “show some class” when their fighter is the one “mad dogging” his opponents coaches while they are by themselves.
Don’t tolerate intolerance knock em out and tell it like it is. War Pico!
What actually happened between them two and the camps? i was surprised to see Pico that angry as he tends to come of a very well mannered individual

What actually happened between them two and the camps? i was surprised to see Pico that angry as he tends to come of a very well mannered individual

I was surprised aswell, but post fight he said all week basically De Jesus was walking around the hotel mean mugging them, or as Pico put it “Mad Dogging” him and anyone revolved around him. Even if they were not even in the presence of Pico..

More specifically one of Pico coaches was by himself in the hotel and De Jesus took it upon himself to give this guy the evil eyes. To hell with that thuggish ignorant mentality for that rubbish Pico’s call out was awesome and warranted.

He hits like a truck. These are the types of fights he should have been in from the start. Imagine he was booked like that for his first 2 years or so and he's 9-0 with 9 finishes backing up that hype about being top prospect.

He was just booked badly early on and now he's beating guys he should beat. The question now is when do you start to turn up the competition again? Do you book him a few more fights like this where he's gonna beat overmatched guys or do you maybe give him not a top 5 guy but one of the guys in the middle with some experience?

Maybe like Mads or Saul Rogers, someone like that. Maybe Claxton? He's still young and being at Jacksons is good for him.

Pico is a savage man, throws with ill fucking intent. Not many guys like that

This fight and his last fight, he just turned 24 , hes got time

I was surprised aswell, but post fight he said all week basically De Jesus was walking around the hotel mean mugging them, or as Pico put it “Mad Dogging” him and anyone revolved around him. Even if they were not even in the presence of Pico..

More specifically one of Pico coaches was by himself in the hotel and De Jesus took it upon himself to give this guy the evil eyes. To hell with that thuggish ignorant mentality for that rubbish Pico’s call out was awesome and warranted.
I like it the response from him in that case. I don't mind showmanship, but despise douchebag actions like that. Mean mugging coaches is about as pathetic as it gets to me. Cheers for updating us on what happened.

Here's hoping we get to see some more dominant displays from Pico

Pico vs Borics rematch. He dominated him but got caught with a flying knee

did you watch the fight?

Pico has been primarily using takedowns, top control and ground and pound since moving to Jackson-Wink. It just turned out he knocked out this guy standing after smashing him with ground and pound for most of the fight.

Pico is looking very good. Definetly more disciplined. Not trying to go on some crazy Mike Tyson KO run...but still knocking out guys regardless but putting his game together.

I think he’s ready to maybe avenge a couple of those losses. I think Borics or Coralles should be next.

didnt watch it, just saw the result and saw another KO...

if he is actually listening to his coaches these days then he may have a future

Why cant he finish dudes with GnP tho

His opponent tonight was tougher than his record suggests. Of his 8 losses coming in, 5 were against guys that have gone on to fight in the UFC and 1 was against Jason Soares (14-0 Titan FC champ). He had never lost by KO/TKO, and in his last fight he beat a 16-1 fighter.

I thought De Jesus would have success in spots and have a punchers chance, but Aaron dominated every minute of the fight in the stand up and grappling. Very solid performance.

Last edited:
didnt watch it, just saw the result and saw another KO...

if he is actually listening to his coaches these days then he may have a future

Why cant he finish dudes with GnP tho
That's a pretty noob question, dude. In this case the guy was tough and had decent ground defense and was constantly looking for the stand up. Even still, Pico had him in serious danger with the GnP. It was an excellent performance all the way around.

did you watch the fight?

Coker said he'd be matched carefully at least one more time, and then they would "reassess" where to go from there. He literally just turned 24, if I'm booking him I don't throw him back into danger until after his 25th birthday. He's learning the game, building his experience and confidence. They already threw him to the wolves once, give him a bit of time to develop into what he's going to be. Once you put him in there with Corrales or Borics he has to move right back into contention. It's not quite time for that, IMO.

Coker said he'd be matched carefully at least one more time, and then they would "reassess" where to go from there. He literally just turned 24, if I'm booking him I don't throw him back into danger until after his 25th birthday. He's learning the game, building his experience and confidence. They already threw him to the wolves once, give him a bit of time to develop into what he's going to be. Once you put him in there with Corrales or Borics he has to move right back into contention. It's not quite time for that, IMO.
IIRC, Coker said he’d be matched carefully prior to this fight being booked, so they might throw him to the wolves in his next fight.

I’d like to see him take one more fight at around the level where he fought tonight, but I don’t think Bellator has many mid-tier guys that will be willing to step in with Pico. Either way, I think Borics is a bad matchup at this point. Bigger guy, hard to keep down and a better kickboxer.

IIRC, Coker said he’d be matched carefully prior to this fight being booked, so they might throw him to the wolves in his next fight.

I’d like to see him take one more fight at around the level where he fought tonight, but I don’t think Bellator has many mid-tier guys that will be willing to step in with Pico. Either way, I think Borics is a bad matchup at this point. Bigger guy, hard to keep down and a better kickboxer.
Coker said after his first win of this streak that there would be "at least three more carefully matched fights." Which means at least one more before they reassess. I'd say one more is the absolute bare minimum. I'd give him three more before considering it. He needs time, experience and distance from those losses. And he'd still just be turning 25 when you put him back in with real comp. Plenty of cannon fodder out there that would want the opportunity.

Back