AARON CHALMERS IN A CO-MAIN EVENT, SERIOUSLY?

Liam McGeary has co-Main an Bellator England card before and it was a success. So your point is negated. English fans would tune in to see Liam McGeary because they have before. They would tune in to see Linton Vassell because they have before. English fans would tune in to see Paul Redmond and Norman Parke and Brett McDermott and for English fans those fighters would actually put on a higher level of MMA performances. And by that Bellator builds their brand of high level MMA and people will want to tune in the next time. Now next time English are going to expect some low level can to fight Aaron Chalmers and that lowers the brand of Bellator.

Looks like growth to me, regional events like last nights event (Chalmers was in his home town) are going to be on Chanel 5 and the main events are going on Sky Sports which also shows the Premiership.

Great deal by Coker to finally get proper UK TV deals.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/mma/201...artial-arts-sky-sports-ink-historic-deal/amp/

Because it sucks. Having fighters like Dada 5000 and Aaron Chalmers in co Main Events for a supposedly number 2 MMA organization in the world is ridiculous and a slap in the face for MMA fans. Those fighters should be on the regional circuit and at best the early prelims not in co-Main Event of a major promotion. And each time Bellator pulls this crap it flops. Next James Gallagher, who has all of 8 fights and is coming off a knockout beat down loss is going to Main Event a Bellator fight card. That's pathetic.

It's free dude, relax. They still put on good fights.

That Aaron Chalmers fight was a piece sh_t. There is no way that low level of MMA should be on any major MMA organization co-Main Event.

It was a darn sight better than 90% of the UFC fights I have seen recently! Yes he made a rookie mistake in not following up in the first round with the knockdown & punches were being exchanged like a Don Frye fight in Pride, but if the ref had not started to dive in when the other guy was put on his arse then change his mind when he saw Chalmers start to turn away, then he would have had the win. If Chalmers had followed through after the knockdown, he would have ended up knocking the ref out if the ref had continued on in to stop it which is why he turned away thinking it was over.

I don't see you even listed on any local circuit, so what gives you the right to say something about fighters that are willing to put it all on the line and get in the cage? Did Scott Coker tell you to go away whilst laughing at your attempt at a try out for Bellator hence why you are so salty towards them? Was Cokers "load" too salty for you & it gagged you?

Obviously Coker doesn't mind it not being profitable & even though it is the "number 2 organisation", it has been the most interesting in the past couple of years compared to the extremely weak events from the UFC. Obviously you are also to blinkered to realise that this was a localised event for Europe & Pitbull was bought in to add a main event name to the card - even then he had some good competition & it could have gone either way hence the split decision.

Next weekend is the main events on Friday & Saturday for Bellator. Will I be watching? No as will be on holiday but will be DVRing the events to watch when I get back regardless of who is o teh card as I am not paying for substandard UFC cards.

Bellator has signed a tv deal with British MTV for the Euro Series. The Chalmers involvement was probably a selling point.

No, they have signed with Channel 5, not MTV. Geordie Shore is shown on MTV which Chalmers used to be part of.

Its what amounts to a regional UK show like BAMMA, whats the problem with using his celeb in co main event here? We arent talking about a big London show or show in states, a real Bellator event.

Greg Hardy just co main evented UFC show.

Your point is negated by the fact that the event wasn't even televised in the UK because the TV networks weren't interested without a draw for the casuals.

You have to play the game. MMA is a lot more established in the US.
Your point is negated because Bellator should be much further along than this after Coker has had 5 years of being in charge. Liam McGeary, Linton Vassell, Paul Daley, MVP, Norman Parke, Paul Redmond and even Brett McDermott are all fighters who should be co Main Eventing and Main Eventing Bellator cards in England and not some new to the sport reality star. The level of skills those fighters would show in their performances alone would build the Bellator brand better in England than Aaron Chalmers right now.

It's free dude, relax. They still put on good fights.
I'm not the least bit upset. But to give English fans Aaron Chalmers vs Corey Browning as a co-Main Event is pathetic especially when Bellator has high level fighters who have paid their dues through the years in the sport from the UK like Paul Daley and MVP and Liam McGeary and Linton Vassell and Norman Parke and Paul Redmond on their roster that could have easily co-Main Evented and Main Evented any Bellator card in the UK.

It was a darn sight better than 90% of the UFC fights I have seen recently! Yes he made a rookie mistake in not following up in the first round with the knockdown & punches were being exchanged like a Don Frye fight in Pride, but if the ref had not started to dive in when the other guy was put on his arse then change his mind when he saw Chalmers start to turn away, then he would have had the win. If Chalmers had followed through after the knockdown, he would have ended up knocking the ref out if the ref had continued on in to stop it which is why he turned away thinking it was over.

I don't see you even listed on any local circuit, so what gives you the right to say something about fighters that are willing to put it all on the line and get in the cage? Did Scott Coker tell you to go away whilst laughing at your attempt at a try out for Bellator hence why you are so salty towards them? Was Cokers "load" too salty for you & it gagged you?

Obviously Coker doesn't mind it not being profitable & even though it is the "number 2 organisation", it has been the most interesting in the past couple of years compared to the extremely weak events from the UFC. Obviously you are also to blinkered to realise that this was a localised event for Europe & Pitbull was bought in to add a main event name to the card - even then he had some good competition & it could have gone either way hence the split decision.

Next weekend is the main events on Friday & Saturday for Bellator. Will I be watching? No as will be on holiday but will be DVRing the events to watch when I get back regardless of who is o teh card as I am not paying for substandard UFC cards.
Bellator has fighters like Paul Daley and MVP and Liam McGeary and Linton Vassell and Norman Parke and Paul Redmond all on their roster that have paid their dues fighting on regional circuits in England before making it to a major organization that offer a much higher skill set and would put on better performances right now than Aaron Chalmers and are much more deserving on co-Main Eventing and Main Eventing any Bellator UK card. I don't do comparisons of Bellator to the UFC or one MMA organization to another MMA organization. And much props to Aaron Chalmers, but he should not be co-Main Eventing or Main Eventing right now in his MMA career.

I don't get why these threads turn into UFC vs Bellator

If Bellator does something positive or negative, people bring up UFC to counter-act.
It is infantile

Judge each company on their own.
I think it is stupid to hope either one fails

So far everything UFC has done with ESPN has been very successful.
Bellator did higher than expected ratings with Fedor/Bader

Both companies have positives to begin 2019 & both will have better 2019 financials than 2018

I don't get why these threads turn into UFC vs Bellator

If Bellator does something positive or negative, people bring up UFC to counter-act.
It is infantile

Judge each company on their own.
I think it is stupid to hope either one fails

So far everything UFC has done with ESPN has been very successful.
Bellator did higher than expected ratings with Fedor/Bader

Both companies have positives to begin 2019 & both will have better 2019 financials than 2018
I believe in my statement I stated I don't do comparisons of one MMA organization to another MMA organization. My entire belief is that Bellator can be putting their best foot forward other than what they are doing. This is a MMA organization that has or had Bobby Lashley, who was doing great ratings on his segments, yet Bellator managed to never use him in any co-Main Events or Main Events. MVP has been in zero Main Events and only one or maybe two co-Main Events. Bellator could have easily introduced their new Channel 5 television deal by having MVP vs Paul Daley on it, but they let DAZN squash that. Bellator could have opened up on channel 5 by having Liam McGeary or Linton Vassell on the card and/or Norman Parke and Paul Redmond on the card. Even reached out to Brett McDermott and put him on the introduction to channel 5 card. I don't mind Aaron Chalmers being on the card. But at this point in his career, he is better suited for the prelims. I just belief the English fans could have gotten a whole lot better show from Bellator.

Chalmers guaranteed butts in the seats, and viewers on tv. It’s smart business. It’s not like this was a high profile event, anyway.

I have no problems with Chalmers co headlining a small local card like this and i understand why they did it. He has name recognition in the uk and puts butts in the seats.

If anything i was happy they used Patricky for the main event slot as it gave us an interesting main event with a solid name/contender so this card was not totally unworthy to watch.

It's all about expectations.

Personally, I think Bellator's biggest issue right now is they do to many shows and that is why you get a lot of water down shows or shows with one guy of value and bunch of whatever matches below it. Nothing they do seems special outside of a handful of big events they have done. But why would any fan expect more than that from them? The number 2 league or whatever in any sport is usually not held to the same standards as number 1 form of that sport. Yet in MMA fans are always trying to compare orgs to each other. No one should ever make an argument about any org even being in the same universe as the UFC. Compare Bellator to One or KSW if you want to compare orgs.

Back