AARON CHALMERS IN A CO-MAIN EVENT, SERIOUSLY?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by RODNEY83, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Aberlour

Aberlour Orange Belt

He is a bbq brawler though. Chin up in the air winging awful punches. You'd think he had never trained at all based on last night.

2. WingsLax9042

WingsLax9042 Brown Belt

Hilarious. The only thing Bellator could do that could out douche the UFC is have Coker give himself a heavyweight title shot. Hope you enjoyed your stacked $70 PPV last night.

FKA likes this.
  3. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

Glad he lost coz I cannot stand pseudo-celebrities whose only talent is featuring in reality TV shitshows. Nothing against him personally as he seems to be trying to do this the right way but he's not good.

4. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

It was better than Bellator and didn't cost me a penny, I torrented it this morning.

WingsLax9042 likes this.
  5. WingsLax9042

WingsLax9042 Brown Belt

I don't even care enough to do that... haha... I did see the thread of gifs of the main event though, so I'll watch that one on Youtube at least.

6. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

Lando Vannata, in a co main event, really

7. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

Well, that should be the end of that. But who knows him vs Ryan Couture could headline one day.

8. kingcillo24

kingcillo24 Black Belt

Bellator has signed a tv deal with British MTV for the Euro Series. The Chalmers involvement was probably a selling point.

Go Go Plata likes this.
  9. RDUBYA

RDUBYA an oldie but a goodie

I enjoy Chalmers rustling the haters...he could earn more just concentrating on being a celebrity, saving his braincells and shagging your GF but instead he throws himself into the most unforgiving sport, actually has to work hard and get his head bashed in on tv and ridiculed on twitter. I cheer for the guy.

I'm more annoyed that Pitbull didn't get a 10-8 for round 1.

Enigma87 likes this.
  10. 2004 account

2004 account Supporting real mma

Rodney is not a real mma fan, you should be supporting instead of always criticizing the number 2 org that atleast is trying to do things right by the fans and meritocracy. Ufc much bro? Hurrrrr

11. RDUBYA

RDUBYA an oldie but a goodie

Felt sorry for Thomson having to co-present with that fake tanned donkey who clearly doesn't know what he's doing. Anybody else catch him say Paul Semtex Junior - or was I drunk?

12. FKA

FKA THAT BELLATOR GUY/World Cup of MMA Ringmaster

Bjorn was never profitable......what's your point?

13. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

I understand after 5 years of running a major MMA company that the company should have been built up so much that Aaron Chalmers shouldn't even be in the discussion of being in the co-Main Event. So it's you that doesn't understand business. At best Aaron Chalmers should be on the early prelims. In actuality Aaron Chalmers should be on the regional circuit.

14. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

Understand this, Scott Coker has had 5 years of running Bellator and he has built the roster up so little to the point that fighters like Dada 5000 and Aaron Chalmers are still fighting in the co-Main Events. That should still not be happening after 5 years. And every time it flops because the fights themselves aren't building the brand of Bellator.

15. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

The point I am making is after 5 years of running Bellator, Scott Coker has built Bellator up to the point that he is still putting low level regional level at best guys like Dada 5000 and Aaron Chalmers in co-Main Events and each time the fights themselves have failed to build the Bellator brand. In 5 years of Coker building Bellator, Bellator should be much beyond those types of gimmick co-Main Events and Main Events.

16. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

What exactly was the combined record of Aaron Chalmers opponents before fighting Corey Browning? Aaron Chalmers may be a feel good story, but he is a regional level fighter and should never be in the co-Main Event of the so called number 2 MMA organization in the world. That would be like Usain Bolt getting a start for Manchester City because of his track fame. And this is Bellator after 5 years of running Bellator for Coker. How about have Liam McGeary Main Event the card and Linton Vassell co-Main Event the card. Even Jim Wallhead would have been a better choice than Aaron Chalmers or Paul Redmond or Norm Parke.

17. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

Apparently I've been drilling your wife and making you watch

18. cmw43

cmw43 Bad Boys Club

In the UK market MMA is still a very niche sport, theres almost no coverage over here, the papers barely even mention the UFC.

This was Bellators first deal with a big TV network here, I imagine the TV executives asked what Bellators draw was for this show and Chalmers has a big following.

You try and sell the TV executives Liam McGeary or Linton Vessell and you won't have a TV deal. You need to understand your markets my friend.

FKA likes this.
  19. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Blue Belt

Liam McGeary has co-Main an Bellator England card before and it was a success. So your point is negated. English fans would tune in to see Liam McGeary because they have before. They would tune in to see Linton Vassell because they have before. English fans would tune in to see Paul Redmond and Norman Parke and Brett McDermott and for English fans those fighters would actually put on a higher level of MMA performances. And by that Bellator builds their brand of high level MMA and people will want to tune in the next time. Now next time English are going to expect some low level can to fight Aaron Chalmers and that lowers the brand of Bellator.

20. cmw43

cmw43 Bad Boys Club

Your point is negated by the fact that the event wasn't even televised in the UK because the TV networks weren't interested without a draw for the casuals.

You have to play the game. MMA is a lot more established in the US.