AARON CHALMERS IN A CO-MAIN EVENT, SERIOUSLY?

RODNEY83

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Scott Coker has been in charge of Bellator going on 5 years now, and during such time he has grown Bellator to be so pathetic as to put a reality television star, Aaron Chalmers, in a co-Main Event. This isn't how to make Bellator look legit. It's how to keep Bellator being viewed as a joke promotion. Scott Coker tried this same type of garbage with Dada 5000 in a co-Main Event and he almost died. Scott Coker may be a nice man, but that guy doesn't give a crap about the fans and the fighters by consistently pulling stunts like this.

Scott Coker has been in charge of Bellator going on 5 years now, and during such time he has grown Bellator to be so pathetic as to put a reality television star, Aaron Chalmers, in a co-Main Event. This isn't how to make Bellator look legit. It's how to keep Bellator being viewed as a joke promotion. Scott Coker tried this same type of garbage with Dada 5000 in a co-Main Event and he almost died. Scott Coker may be a nice man, but that guy doesn't give a crap about the fans and the fighters by consistently pulling stunts like this.

Newsflash idiot....

Chalmers is a TV personality in the UK has tons of followers and helped promote and sellout this card.This card was a REGIONAL EURO SERIES hence the entire card featuring local talent including....you guessed it Chalmers.

God your so predictable bitch whine and moan.

Why do you cry about Bellator all the time ? It's a little bizarre.

I don't think he realizes the more bitching he does the less it matters.He regurgitates the same arguments even after ppl completely shut him down he just repeats anti Coker BS like a religious zealot lol.

I don't mind the fact that Chalmers was on the card. But I can't understand why they kept hyping him up and talking about him or the geordie shore crew all the time during the event.
Should have given the prosprects more attention and introduce them to the casuals.
Isn't that ultimately the purpose of having a "freak-fighter" on a regional card like this ?

Last edited:
I don't mind the fact that Chalmers was on the card. But i can't understand why they kept hyping him up and talking about him or the goerdie shore crew all the time during the event.
Should have given the prosprects more attention and introduce them to the casuals.
Isn't that ultimately the purpose of having a "freak-fighter" on a regional card like this ?

I think the commentary on him was to try an establish him as a legit fighter and move away from him being in the freak category.I think hes done enough to prove he isnt just a bbq brawler he could have just bulked up and stayed muscle man but hes dieting,training bjj,and continuing to show progression.

He wont be a champion but he can become a solid mid tier fighter with a decent draw in the UK like Sakara Is in italy.

Because it sucks. Having fighters like Dada 5000 and Aaron Chalmers in co Main Events for a supposedly number 2 MMA organization in the world is ridiculous and a slap in the face for MMA fans. Those fighters should be on the regional circuit and at best the early prelims not in co-Main Event of a major promotion. And each time Bellator pulls this crap it flops. Next James Gallagher, who has all of 8 fights and is coming off a knockout beat down loss is going to Main Event a Bellator fight card. That's pathetic.

Because it sucks. Having fighters like Dada 5000 and Aaron Chalmers in co Main Events for a supposedly number 2 MMA organization in the world is ridiculous and a slap in the face for MMA fans. Those fighters should be on the regional circuit and at best the early prelims not in co-Main Event of a major promotion. And each time Bellator pulls this crap it flops. Next James Gallagher, who has all of 8 fights and is coming off a knockout beat down loss is going to Main Event a Bellator fight card. That's pathetic.
Dude you’d run an mma promotion right into the ground. While you want to be a legit sports organization, you still have to make money. Stars are the only thing that will sell tickets and get viewers. That’s why you have to build them up. You can put a bunch of boring guys in the main event and nobody will gaf. Look at the arena, place was packed for Chalmers. Made it look like a legit show. He brought viewers and eyeballs to the other prospects on the card like Edwards. Just relax and watch dude. You’re getting all freaked out over little things. Coker knows what he’s doing. Bellator is growing a lot. They’re profitable and broadcasters are willing to pay for what they put out.

That Chalmers fight was the shit. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude you’d run an mma promotion right into the ground. While you want to be a legit sports organization, you still have to make money. Stars are the only thing that will sell tickets and get viewers. That’s why you have to build them up. You can put a bunch of boring guys in the main event and nobody will gaf. Look at the arena, place was packed for Chalmers. Made it look like a legit show. He brought viewers and eyeballs to the other prospects on the card like Edwards. Just relax and watch dude. You’re getting all freaked out over little things. Coker knows what he’s doing. Bellator is growing a lot. They’re profitable and broadcasters are willing to pay for what they put out.
Bellator hasn't been profitable in almost 5 years under Scott Coker. So everything you stated has been negated.

That Chalmers fight was the shit. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.
That Aaron Chalmers fight was a piece sh_t. There is no way that low level of MMA should be on any major MMA organization co-Main Event.

They will be profitable this year for sure.
Yet, Bellator hasn't been profitable in any year in almost 5 years of Coker being Bellator's President. It took a contract with DAZN, and not growing the Bellator viewership and sponsors to finally give Bellator a profit. Good for the company, but DAZN isn't growing the viewership, those DAZN exclusive cards are getting less viewers on their product. Do you even know any sports bars that show Bellator cards, other than I guess Dave and Busters?

But yet we just had two no names co-main a ufc ppv smh

Chalmers is the only reason half the people were there or watching it on TV, of course he was co-main event

Every MMA org has done this. Great hardy was just co-main of a UFC event. Marius pudzianowski is regular main at KSW. Every event in history in Japan has pulled the same. I am surprised that you are surprised

Last edited:
I don't mind the fact that Chalmers was on the card. But I can't understand why they kept hyping him up and talking about him or the geordie shore crew all the time during the event.

I get that
But if he won, they could main event with him next time

Patricky Pitbull was main eventing as the legit headliner but the crowd and TV audience for this regional Bellator show was there for Chalmers.

There weren't any other names hardly on this card even for Hardcores, of course you're going to put the main draw as co-main event.

You don't seem to understand business.

You put Chalmers on the prelims and you lose most of the UK TV crowd who this was aiming at.

Last edited:
Comparing Chalmers to Dada 5000 is bad chat, and you know it TS! As others have stated, Chalmers has proved that he's a legit fighter; he's put his time in in the gym & in the cage and Bellator didn't throw him to the wolves to make a quick buck. You're talking like this was his first fight straight off of Geordie Shore.

Back