Media A young hungry Israel training for the spider.

I'm nervous this fight will be these two dancing around waiting for the other to engage first. Hopefully it's good though. I think Israel can get the finish.
it won't be because israel engages often. its anderson who is more of a counter fighter. should be fireworks tbh their styles are the same but different

People forget who the Spider is so quickly. We think we know he's lost a few steps, we think we know Adesanya is better. We forget that the Spider is the best striker to ever grace the Octagon and that he choked out Olympic Wrestler Dan Henderson. He has a live dog in this fight IMO.
yeah but his timing is clearly gone if he couldnt crack bisping in 5 rounds but GSP and gastelum both got it done quickly. his power is there but his timing is probably out the window at this point. whereas israel is entering his prime, its not a good match up

3 days later. I guess he doesn't have an answer for you. Shameful, I was really looking forward to who he was going to list as a better striker.
better strikers than anderson silva in the ufc? off the top of my head you got wonderboy easily, gohkan saki, feels like cheating to say but israel adesanya, tj dillashaw is more technical, mcgregor you could even make an argument for.

better strikers than anderson silva in the ufc? off the top of my head you got wonderboy easily, gohkan saki, feels like cheating to say but israel adesanya, tj dillashaw is more technical, mcgregor you could even make an argument for.
Im guessing you started watching MMA about the same time you created your Sherdog account.

you would be wrong, but instead of arguing any of my points you resorted to slander. typical
well, this is sherdog.

Here you go:

EDIT: BTW, Im not even a fan of his, but to say he isn't the greatest striker is just down right silly.

does anyone know what that black belt thing is around his rib cage in the last video?

Wtf? Both Saki and Wonderboy is nowhere close to silva in mma. Saki striking dont work that good in the cage. And Wonderboy often fights very scared.

Silva in his prime was the best striker mma has ever seen.

Wtf? Both Saki and Wonderboy is nowhere close to silva in mma. Saki striking dont work that good in the cage. And Wonderboy often fights very scared.

Silva in his prime was the best striker mma has ever seen.
idk if we're talking about striking under mma rules or just striking talent in general. anderson had some weird talent where he could enter the matrix to avoid being hit but the statistics on fight metric show he's not the most accurate striker in the ufc. alistair overeem is

idk if we're talking about striking under mma rules or just striking talent in general. anderson had some weird talent where he could enter the matrix to avoid being hit but the statistics on fight metric show he's not the most accurate striker in the ufc. alistair overeem is

We are talking about reality. Not theory, former experience from other spors, or anything like that.

How amazing Saki is inside the modern kickboxing ring, dont say much on how good he is inside a cage.

Anderson silva is the single most impressive striker to ever strike inside the octagon.

I wont go into the silly goat discussion. Because imo there are no goat in a sport this young and dynamic.

But Anderson silva is the single most creative and impressive striker to yet have success at the highest level in the sport.

No other comes close.

Yet..

Adesanya knows how to lead folks, seems like if a striker is patient in their approach they get labeled a counterstriker. Adesanya can get his offense off without guys charging into him.

Gotta be a noob.

But Anderson silva is the single most creative and impressive striker to yet have success at the highest level in the sport.
No other comes close.
Yet..

I second this. So far we've never seen any other striker simultaneously so ahead of his competition and so deadly effective in the octagon. No matter what has happened nor what will happen during this last phase of his career, Silva's striking at his prime was on another level. I think the only dark stain in his prime book of striking is the weird staring contest against Demian Maia, although even that makes sense as Maia was not initiating and if Silva would of initiated carelessly, Maia would of taken him down (which was a no-no during the time).

So for anyone saying this is a mismatch or otherwise bad match up, what if this is the fight which launches Israel to become the next best striker ever? Nobody knows, but facing Silva will give us some initial answers.

Unless The Last Style Bender makes a stupid mistake he is likely to finish Anderson. Not because he's necessarily better than Anderson but because Anderson is old and has also had a major injury. I think there is still a chance though that Anderson has lightning strike for him one more time.

What really concerns me is how many dorks will say "The Last Style Bender hype train derailed" if Anderson wins. Win or lose, Israel is not hype, he's the real deal.

Back