Media A young hungry Israel training for the spider.

I'm not counting Anderson out in a striking match.

The odds for him to win are ridiculous.

Nants Adesanya bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants Adesanya bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

I'm nervous this fight will be these two dancing around waiting for the other to engage first. Hopefully it's good though. I think Israel can get the finish.
Adesanya is a lot better at forcing action, Silva got reckless and tagged a lot whenever he tried to be aggressive.

Now this is much more like it, much better than the Silva garbage you were posting yesterday. Good job from you.

RESPECT!

israel-adesanya-ufc-230.jpg

I'm nervous this fight will be these two dancing around waiting for the other to engage first. Hopefully it's good though. I think Israel can get the finish.

Aussies don’t dance, they come forward and attack. Israel will bring the fight to Silva if he chooses to play games, I’m almost certain of that.

In episode 1 what he doing to that cat ? I know he doesnt mean to hurt it but It's a kitten for christ sake

Now this is much more like it, much better than the Silva garbage you were posting yesterday. Good job from you.

RESPECT!

israel-adesanya-ufc-230.jpg

You know you can be a fight fan without being a dick. You should try it. Its actually kinda nice.

Israel will probably win. But i respect both warriors. And i like to watch them train.

This. People forget just how many times Silva got bood for not engaging. Some boring fights, some genius fights. Weird guy.

This has the potential of being a great fight with a cool narrative. Young and hungry up 'n comer versus a legendary veteran, both with counter-striking as their strongest element. It's has the passing-of-the-torch -potential. It's a real 50/50 fight, mad respect for both fighters for taking the fight. Israel has great potential to be a big factor in the division and just like @jsbx45 said, we shouldn't forget who The Spider is. Sure he's had some L's and probably lost a step due to him getting older, but we're talking about a legend here. An old legend is still a dangerous opponent to anyone.

And so what if the early parts of the fights might be a staring contest? That's what counter-strikers do, they observe and get a feel of their opponent. I think it's exactly what someone already said in this thread: It's up to Israel to force the action. I don't see Anderson being overly aggressive, probably will stick to looking for counters. It's up to Israel to step up and be on the offensive if he wants to get his name up there with the best. Of course, this fight could also go to the ground. I don't really see Israel wanting to take it there against a tried-and-tested BJJ black belt such as Silva though, so I guess only Silva has the ground option open here. Then again, it's Anderson Silva we are a talking about; why would he want any fight to go to the ground if he has the option of staying on the feet?

It's a win-win fight for UFC and the fans:

- Israel (T)KOs Anderson and we might be witnessing the beginning of a new era (and the end of another)
- Anderson (T)KOs Israel and further cements his legendary status, wiping away a bit of the dust caused by his recent L's
- It goes to a decision and what we saw was probably a fight for the ages as I don't see Israel giving up his chance by being too passive

I'm pumped up about this. Going to be a great fight.

Last edited:
Aussies don’t dance, they come forward and attack. Israel will bring the fight to Silva if he chooses to play games, I’m almost certain of that.
No offense but everyone says that about their fellow countryman. I hope however you are right.

This sentence sums it up, one of the best ever reduced to 'making it to a decision'.
You already know he’s just going in there to survive. He kind of just waits for opponents to make mistakes and capitalizes. If it’s never there he’ll just be content to lose on points

That's exactly what this fight will be, at least for a round or two.

Back