A young GSP lifting weights

It's amazing. Sometimes a person is so nice and intelligent, that it's naturally appealing to the public.
In MMA case, he's literally the only fighter that got mega popular for being a nice and smart guy.

Actually Bones is nicest smartest and most innocent guy, but thanks for playing.

I always wondered what happened to David? Like he just stopped fighting.
David was my favorite fighter before GSP became champ.

Long history of panic attack before big fights.
Not even 40, yet last fight was in 14'

Still coaching as far as I know
, even got a few small acting gig here in Quebec.
He seem to do just fine.

GSP/Whittaker would be a class in manners.

Considering Khabib has nothing but good things to say about GSP (thinks he is he greatest athlete in MMA history) I think it would be pretty laid back.

GSP had his chance ... he didn't want that.

Need GSP/Khabib for the most respectful press conference in UFC history.
Might be the first time two fighters get in argument about the other guy being better and more skilled.

Inb4 a bunch of skinny fat dweebs start typing about how hes waisting his time lifting weights and how it’s not useful for mma
Gsp has literally said in the past he lifts weight purely for asthetic purposes to make himself for symmetrical and marketable. Not because they benefit him in the octagon.

Gsp has literally said in the past he lifts weight purely for asthetic purposes to make himself for symmetrical and marketable. Not because they benefit him in the octagon.

Didn’t know that.

Yes thats why lifting weights is apart of most major strength and conditioning programs.
But hey resistance training does nothing lol

Forget the science

jPEehQB.jpg
You had to google it to figure it out?

Did he paint gloves on himself and then tried to wash it off or what's going on with his hands?

Yes thats why lifting weights is apart of most major strength and conditioning programs.
But hey resistance training does nothing lol

Forget the science
"The only reason it is good to lift weights, to do bench press, and stuff like that, I believe, is because it is going to make me more marketable, and to keep myself looking more symmetric, with a better image... Which is very important, because if you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, you do good. There's nothing wrong with that you know."

Rogan: "You lift weights for looks?"

GSP: "Yeah, I lift weights for looks. Yeah, I am gonna admit it. Sometimes after I'm training, I'm gonna lift weights, but I'm not doing it because I'm gonna punch harder, or I'm gonna be stronger, because it has nothing to do with it. I'm doing it because you know, I want to to be like you know, have a good shape. I do it for myself."

I was just stating what GSP said during an interview. Wasn’t arguing science.

Back