Relationship A woman proposing to a man...?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
YCt6lc4.png

What are your thoughts about a woman proposing to a man?

What would you do if you were walking in the park one day, your girlfriend falls on the ground, you check to see if she is okay and she gets on one knee, passionately looks you in the eye, and says something cringey like "I'm falling for you, babe," then asks... "will you marry me?"

6lglgEt.png

I personally would turn red and whisper "wtf are you doing?!" I'd feel super uncomfortable!

I know some people think "there is nothing wrong with it, ya moron!" I think some things are okay remaining the traditional, old school, way; this is one of 'em. If a guy wants to marry you badly enough, he'll propose. Now you can prompt him or ask "when are we getting married?" like MOST women but proposing is a big "no no" in my opinion.

But then again... you may disagree...

So let's fight in the comments.

Okay, one more cringey photo.
BxFtcv9.png

5LkfsjG.png

“Well, it came to our one month anniversary on 2-1-19 and I had planned to propose to him if his ring came on time. I said we would go on a ‘romantic walk’. I have been writing him letters up to the day we get married, because I live 3 hours away. Well, this week I decided to write them but give all of them to him in his anniversary gift, except for the last one that I saved for the walk, because in the letter I asked him, “Will you hold my hand through eternity and marry me?” I then got on one knee and asked him. He was so shocked and surprised, it took him a moment to realize I was actually asking him. He said ‘Yes’, we hugged, and it was the best hug we have ever had. I put his ring on him—his favorite color black and blue. He responded. ‘You beat me to it.’ I love him so much. When you know it is right with someone, you just know.”

I would feel like she is the man in our relationship lol. Confessing first is okay, but proposing is our job as a man in my very humble and kind opinion.

milk-mocha-dance.gif

I agree.

Same as my views on slapping….Equal rights all or none…

Fair, but would you be okay with it happening to you?

That last photo reminded me of Bully video game lol.

I liked that game. One of the last things I rented at Blockbuster.

I agree.

Fair, but would you be okay with it happening to you?

I liked that game. One of the last things I rented at Blockbuster.

Let’s be honest, how many guys propose due to some pressure from their significant other, it’s an old story, and men are notorious for being gun shy…
If a women pressures a man, and the man proposes, it’s not much different than the women proposing..
If I was feeling it, and the women jumped the gun on a thought that already crossed my mind, yea no problem..

I don’t see the problem with it. If two people are in love and want to do something like this, than who really cares

There’s no problem with it obviously

And any couple where the woman feels like she should propose and the man feels compelled to let that happen and say yes clearly doesn’t care much for tradition so I say everyone should do what they want

YCt6lc4.png

What are your thoughts about a woman proposing to a man?

What would you do if you were walking in the park one day, your girlfriend falls on the ground, you check to see if she is okay and she gets on one knee, passionately looks you in the eye, and says something cringey like "I'm falling for you, babe," then asks... "will you marry me?"

6lglgEt.png

I personally would turn red and whisper "wtf are you doing?!" I'd feel super uncomfortable!

I know some people think "there is nothing wrong with it, ya moron!" I think some things are okay remaining the traditional, old school, way; this is one of 'em. If a guy wants to marry you badly enough, he'll propose. Now you can prompt him or ask "when are we getting married?" like MOST women but proposing is a big "no no" in my opinion.

But then again... you may disagree...

So let's fight in the comments.

Okay, one more cringey photo.
BxFtcv9.png

5LkfsjG.png

“Well, it came to our one month anniversary on 2-1-19 and I had planned to propose to him if his ring came on time. I said we would go on a ‘romantic walk’. I have been writing him letters up to the day we get married, because I live 3 hours away. Well, this week I decided to write them but give all of them to him in his anniversary gift, except for the last one that I saved for the walk, because in the letter I asked him, “Will you hold my hand through eternity and marry me?” I then got on one knee and asked him. He was so shocked and surprised, it took him a moment to realize I was actually asking him. He said ‘Yes’, we hugged, and it was the best hug we have ever had. I put his ring on him—his favorite color black and blue. He responded. ‘You beat me to it.’ I love him so much. When you know it is right with someone, you just know.”
I would leave her.

But, I'm already married and kind of skipped the proposal part.

Well at least you know she worships you. Marriage is pointless unless she is a virgin and you are religious.

There is no point to marriage in the west you lose from a financial and security stand point.

Back