A waitress says diners left her no tip and left a "LOL" note.

feels like its been ages since a tippin thread

also dont places include gratuity with parties of 8 or more

Gratuity is automatically added for 5 or more where I live.

if the restuarant was dead and the grub took an hour, yeah i'd be inclined to leave a very small tip. i always tip even if its terrible service. the service industry is shit and the money wont make or break me. there's either a lot of poor people in this thread or flat out cheapskates.

if the restaurant was busy andd someone had a party of 8, i dont feel the hour wait is that big of an issue. again either poor or cheap fucks more than likely.

I used to wait tables when I was in school. It can be a very demeaning job. Not tipping is fucking pathetic. Do people realize how much servers make an hour without tips?

I personally leave 30% tip on a good/great server. 15% for an average server and 5% for a shitty server.

I know servers can have off nights or circumstances outside of their control that effect their service.

I am 33 years old and I have never not left a tip. Cheap ass motherfuckers...

To be honest, it's been mentioned many times before in tipping threads. There should be a mandated 10% ~ 20% service charge, like in Asia, included in the bill. That way, the restaurant owners can use the money to raise the wages of their employees.

Put the responsibility of paying out wages on the stall owner not the customers.

Then there will NO Cases of this incidents where waitress/waiter get whining about $0 tip.

Tip is for good service. Bad service? No tip.

Doesn't seem like service was the issue here, but rather it was the time it takes to get fed; which is a kitchen problem.

if the food really took an hour, more than like the manager would have comped the food, so i find that a little fishy. at the very least, the manager would have come by to explain it. furthermore, i have never worked at a restaurant that doesnt automatically include gratuity in tables of 6 or more to prevent things like this.

the time for the food, if that wasnt true, was more than likely on the kitchen and not the server. on the few times that happened to me, i know i was all over the kitchen and manager so they were aware of what was going on. there is definitely more to the story than what is being said

Bunch of fatasses should be eating at McDonald's instead.
If they wanted fast food they know where to go.
No one wants to clean after their mess.

They should have left after 40 minutes. If the food did eventually come out, they ought to leave a little something. Maybe like 3 or 4 dollars, just a small tip.

The only time I did not tip is when they made me wait like 40 min and then tell me they no longer had what I had ordered. That is much worse than what these guys went through.

For me it depends. If the server did something to accommodate my and my party, or at least attempted to, then I'm more apt to leave a tip. However, if I'm waiting an unreasonably long amount of time and the server does nothing then the chances of a tip are slim to none. I mostly look for someone who's making an effort as opposed to someone who's attitude is basically "suck it up and don't bother me". The person making an effort gets a tip.

Overall, I don't find this to be a big deal even if this was completely beyond the waitress's control. True it stinks that she was stiffed if there was literally nothing she could do. However, there are also times servers are given a bit extra for things they have no control over (ie food exceeded expectations) so it's a give and take.

Doesn't seem like service was the issue here, but rather it was the time it takes to get fed; which is a kitchen problem.

I don't think the issue is with the tip/no tip or even with the service/serving time, but rather the "LOL" in response. My guess is that nobody hears about it if these people didn't decide to be dicks and write that down.

You can't assume that.

The waitress takes the order. If she makes a mistake in communicating exactly that order to the kitchen, and doing it on time (or at all), the kitchen may eff up and it's her fault. This happens a lot.

Also, waitresses forget to take stuff BACK out to the tables on time after it's been made and sitting. That happens too. And then the food is cold so the kitchen has to make it again. It's the waitress' fault again.

One more thing, if a snafu happens, it's the waitress' job to communicate with the table, address their concerns (do they want to stay regardless?), possibly comp or discount them something, etc. If she said nothing (which happens often) then it's her fault once again.

So 3 out of 4 links in the communication chain are the waitress' responsibility. She works as a team with the kitchen. You can't assume it's the kitchen's fault when something is late or forgotten. Although waitresses would love for people to do that... and expect a tip on top of all that

It's very possible that waitress deserved the full brunt of that LOL. Doesn't sound like she communicated at all with the table. Maybe even two LOLs, if that's even POSSIBLE (has that ever even been done before??)

I don't think the issue is with the tip/no tip or even with the service/serving time, but rather the "LOL" in response. My guess is that nobody hears about it if these people didn't decide to be dicks and write that down.

Meanwhile, out in the real world, dicks can be found anywhere and everywhere. I even have one attached to my body.

Let's get over it. This story isn't real news.

I picked up this waiter job only for the summer before I head back to school. My hourly wage is 2.89.

348s.jpg

just for fun I googled the address on that receipt, and it's one of the only times I've seen Google street view not cover up a license plate and phone number on a car.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_24_at_11_20_05_PM.png

If I was really pissed off I would tip 10% but I just don't think I could bring myself to straight stiff a server.

Ok there's been a few stories like this to hit the media, I remember one where a lesion waitress tried to say some family wouldn't tip her because of her orientation for example. I think what is similar about all the stories is they're all bullshit, fake ass gofundme-bait. This one has all kinds of red flags. Where have you ever gone out with a party of 8 and gratuity wasn't on the bill already? And the bill for 8 people was only $112? Im calling bullshit on this one.

Wow, all that cancer in one post, impressive.

Also I never tip, not my thing. I pay good money for a service, I ain't gonna randomly pay more because the service was delivered.

There's always one.

Not tipping for shit service, sure i get it. Never tipping? Just a cheapskate gaming the system for a few bucks. How much could you possibly save for it to be worth the tradeoff? Is it some kind of bitter, misplaced jealously thing where when you finally can afford not to eat PB and J all month you aren't paying some fat-cat waitress extra? lol

Don't worry buddy, other people will carry you. You are on like the dining-out welfare program. It is why I always over-tip and know others do the same for the same reason. They count on tips as income. Its a social custom, you know that when you choose to eat out. It is like a century long honor system but it is why ,more and more places are adding gratuities to parties of 4 or more. That you seem proud enough to post it is the funny thing. Then again, people like you never know they are people like you so it kinda makes sense. Please don't have kids. I can only imagine Christmas morning when you explain to them you don't owe them shit.

just for fun I googled the address on that receipt, and it's one of the only times I've seen Google street view not cover up a license plate and phone number on a car.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_24_at_11_20_05_PM.png

^^.. you might be up to something. I'm going to use the numbers to buy lottery this week.

112J.. what number should replace J?

EDIT:
Turn the view 150 degree.. there is another silver van's license plate not covered as well. GT6420S.. lmao

I picked up this waiter job only for the summer before I head back to school. My hourly wage is 2.89.

What the fuck? Is that even legal? I mean, it must be legal if that's truly what you're being paid. But what the fuck?

Back