A unique look is key to marketing

Maybe that's why so many fighters get tats, to make themselves more memorable or distinctive.

Nobody remembers that white guy with the shaved head who fought on that undercard recently (remember him?). Everybody remembers that guy with the tattoo of Rosie O'Donnell.

Lol

Is OP in the marketing industry? I doubt it. You can market anything. Seriously. Don't forget the pet rock. People really bought pet rocks. Marketing proves you can sell anything. Good looks make it easier, but truthfully, it's easy to market anything if you just get creative.

Not sure if the UFC has image consultants, but they should get them. I'm not even involved in marketing and I could market the hell out of every champ in the UFC.

I hate to bring WWE into the conversation, but consider why all of their stars are stars. There's a market for each of them. The weird. The villains. The heels. The uber good guy. The bad boy. The trailer trash. The hip hop. The comedian. The wild guy.

Seriously, slap a label on them, consult them on how to carry themselves. Teach them some crowd pleasing canned responses. Have them really cater to their fans and get their fan reach on point. It's not hard.

Looks make it easy, but it's far from essential. 90% of sports stars are not handsome.

Back