A underlooked reason why Holloway will beat Poirier

People don't give Conor credit, he dosen't just give fighters a raise when he fights, he literally keeps them relevant for years.

Holloway and Poirier are still relevant because they fought Conor and lost years ago.

That is the conor magic.
Nope. Come on, he is the most over rated fighter. Not saying he isn't good but it would be a different fight with Holloway now

I believe Poirier will give Holloway a mad welcoming to 155 (and I think Holloway is one of the best fighters).

based on that reasoning, al iaquinta would beat conor, since khabib had a tougher time with al than he did with conor.

mma math doesnt work.
But Iaquinta actually would beat Conor, so your example is shite

conor tapped, al lasted to the final horn.

true...but he still gave khabib a tougher fight...al wasn't competitive...conor was to a degree....if a guy goes the distance and loses every round...and another guy only goes 2 rounds with that same guy, but gives him hell for those 2 rounds...that guy is the tougher opponent...end of story.

176711619.jpg.0.jpg

The main reason Holloway wins is because he is simply the better fighter. He has evolved dramatically since his loss to McGregor. Has Poirier actually improved since his loss? Not so sure.

Holloway with less of a weight cut is going to be very dangerous

Great analysis, but the real question is: Just how good is Dennis Bermudez?

Any word from TS (aka Nostradamus) on what happened?

I feel like Max should have fought a lot more from Southpaw, & use more kicks. His primary gameplan was to pressure from orthodox with strictly boxing, and made zero adjustments.

On the other hand, Poirier has added so many layers to his boxing over the last 18-24 months. Both defensively and offensively. He has turned into the rare speed-chess fighter that has both elite power in his hands & elite cardio. For some reason people don't want to believe in him, but he is fully capable of beating any 155er in the world.

Back