A thought on Izzy vs Jan

Izzy definitely used to fight big guys in kickboxing, but has he ever tried to be taken down or wrestled by a guy in a heavier weight class?

How many big bodies do they have down there in CKB for him to spar with i wonder, i always see the smaller weight classes sparring whenever there are clips of Izzy around.

Jan is a massive guy who is built like a tank. He is an excellent grappler, I believe a BJJ black belt. He took down and subbed Devin Clark who himself is a solid wrestler at 205.

The question is will Izzy be able to resist the TD from a mammoth of a man like Jan? He may have huge issues down there whether it be GnP or Jan fishing for a limb/neck.

at the end of the day it’s another hur-dur take izzy down and beat him there thought, but it is more realistic than his past few opponents i think even though Jan does prefer to bang
If Romero couldn’t take him down how could Jan?

If you grow up around polynesians/samoans/tongans then you most likely have some comfort/success vs bigger opponents.

If anything, Izzy is probably deceptively strong as a result
Very true and good point, because Asdesanya lives in NZ, he would have likely fought with many NZ Maoris and guys from Tonga and Samoa and Fiji, all born at the 400 Ibs range and very naturally strong. And chins from God.

Very true and good point, because Asdesanya lives in NZ, he would have likely fought with many NZ Maoris and guys from Tonga and Samoa and Fiji, all born at the 400 Ibs range and very naturally strong. And chins from God.
Couldn't have said it better honestly.
If you can hang with them you can hold your own with anyone. You're gonna be hard to hurt and hard to rattle guaranteed

Literally cannot remember Yoel attempting a TD. Have to leave that one to you.
He did take him down 1:56 of this video.

Attempts another at 2:12 but it's stuffed.

Yoel's round 5 is the most dominant round in the fight, he makes Izzy look like the old one.

I liked and unliked this post when you said anything over 220 is extra. My optimal weight was 227. I was fastest, strongest and quickest at 227. I also played college football which is a completely different sport then MMA. I wrestled and was damn good in HS at it. Could have went collegiate but chose football.

But I was at optimal performance at 227 pounds which is more than 220.

I dropped .2 seconds in the 40 years dash between weighing 193 pounds and 227. 4 to high 4.4.
Lol I probably shouldn't have been so specific with the number but it was an estimation. I'm sure there are people we can think of that perform optimally between 240-250 pounds but those are rare specimen.

But you got my overall point. Jan's biggest threat is hus striking. That's what has him where he right now.

Bookmakers early odds have Jan at 3.00 (+200) and Israel at 1.37(-237)

that's crazy to me. Great odds on Jan. I'd give it as head to head all day. Jan just fucking styled on Dom, who is a rangey, accurate and reliable striker. Is Izzy so much better than Dom?

When will people realize that kickboxing is vastly different than MMA striking? Gastelum don't have any striking back ground but he gave izzy a harder fight on the feet than 99% of kickboxers that izzy fought.

With that being said, izzy should win the fight simply because Jan is too slow on the feet. Your power is useless if you can't land on your opponent. And Jan wrestling isn't that good, I don't see him coming with a wrestling heavy gameplan either.
Jan clinches and gets a lot of take downs (and subs) . . . just not in his last several fights. I used to find him boring because he was never finishing with t/ko, just grappling. So if can just ignore his "Polish Power" and instead secure the TD, I think he actually has a great chance.

Jan should have been stripped of the lhw the very instant he said he won’t defend it till march’s. So it will have been a solid 6 or 7 months between fights for him if he does finally fight In March.

Just strip him and make it John vs izzy for the lhw belt in 2020. What was Jan’s excuse again? Probably no excuse and he’s just doing the Conor,bisping thing where U try to hold onto the belt as long as you can without actually defending it

I feel it’ll be a standup fight .....speed difference gonna be huge factor imo

Believe it or not in addition to having a pretty sizable grappling advantage Jan possesses a pretty sizeable boxing advantage.

Don't get it twisted Izzy is light-years ahead of Jan in kickboxing but you don't want to play with a boxer in the pocket
One, just one, exchange can alter the entire contest.

That's why I'm picking Jan to win. Jan has deceptively fast hands with cinder blocks for fists while Izzy has a serious hole in his head movement like many pure kickboxers do.

This post will age well.
Good post .....but Izzy way too fast imo ....time will tell

Jan should have been stripped of the lhw the very instant he said he won’t defend it till march’s. So it will have been a solid 6 or 7 months between fights for him if he does finally fight In March.

Just strip him and make it John vs izzy for the lhw belt in 2020. What was Jan’s excuse again? Probably no excuse and he’s just doing the Conor,bisping thing where U try to hold onto the belt as long as you can without actually defending it
His GF is pregnant, birtht will be around December. Also Covid hitting Poland really hard.

His GF is pregnant, birtht will be around December. Also Covid hitting Poland really hard.
Is Jan pregnant? A baby on the way should never be an excepted excuse unless you are a wmma fighter. Do men get paid maternity leave just cause his wife is having a baby... 3 fucking months ago lol? He wants to fight 3 months after the baby is born. A real father would be working for his family the day after. If a man does get maternity leave that would be a cuck zeta boy move and he’s probably not even the father or else it would be wife n not girlfriend likely.

also covid is fake

new policy should be insta title strips anytime a champ delays a division for even a split second behind schedule

Last edited:
Is Jan pregnant? A baby on the way should never be an excepted excuse unless you are a wmma fighter. Do men get paid maternity leave just cause his wife is having a baby... 3 fucking months ago lol? He wants to fight 3 months after the baby is born. A real father would be working for his family the day after. If a man does get maternity leave that would be a cuck zeta boy move and he’s probably not even the father or else it would be wife n not girlfriend likely.

also covid is fake

new policy should be insta title strips anytime a champ delays a division for even a split second behind schedule
ok champ

what does Jan do that's so much better than Costa?

Good points, Jan made a statement the other day saying he is going to knock him out though. I agree, Jan could make Izzy have a long night if he just grapples him.

dr-house-rolling-eyes.gif

Same shit every time. Jan is going to get destroyed and then all of the people in this thread that are picking Jan to KO Israel are going to pretend they never picked him.

Gastelum, Romero and even Costa where all touted to wrastle leg hump Izzy. Hasn't happened yet, don't get your hopes up.

Back