A Tale Of 2 Careers

Well you bias is hardcore, dude

I mentioned in a different post, Silva fighting at a higher division doesn't mean squat because those fights were tailor made for him. He fought Bonnar, Griffin, and Irvin. None of them are wrestlers and none of them of them have great striking. It's like how the UFC picked fights for Conor that were good style match ups for him.

Doesnt mean sqaut beating the the former LHW champ just one fight removef from being champ?

Wrestler or not, Griffin was a strong 230lber who dragged big boys Shogun or Franklin to the ground and beat them there. Saying outclassing that guy "doenst mean squat because wasnt a wrestler" is the kind of retard shit you can only read in sherdog.

I guarantee Silva wouldn't be KOing Adesanya or Romero who are also counter strikers, he needs someone to lead the fight to have a spectacular finish. That's why his fights with Maia, Cote, etc. were so boring.

Why do you say etc? Maia and Leites were the only tittle challengers he took to a decision. What needed GSP to have a finish? Regardless if counter striker or not, he wasnt finishing them lol.

Anyways Belfort, Okami or Franklin didnt exactly lead, they took a pretty responsible approach.... yet they were still finished by Silva.

When GSP beat Hendricks, Hendricks was destroying everyone. He was just a shell of himself after USADA. Hendricks only had 1 loss at that time.

And do you say with that?

Anyways, Hendricks had also had lackluster performances vs Pierce, Kos and Condit before GSP, where he looked far from unbeatable.

And when I say Shields and Fitch are better quality of opponent, isn't Hendo one of Silva's top 5 wins? Shields dominated him over 5 rounds in Strikeforce not long after he fought Silva. So Shields is at least as good of an opponent as Hendo if not better.

Dude, isn't that like textbook shertard MMA math logic?

>Henderson also lost to Misaki and Kondo. Would Misaki and Kondo be top5 wins too? Because of the MMA math?

>Shields also very arguably lost to Okami - certainly did in terms of damage - or Maia, so following your MMA math logic they are about equally good.

Well you bias is hardcore, dude

Doesnt mean sqaut beating the the former LHW champ just one fight removef from being champ?

Dude, isn't that like textbook shertard MMA math logic?

>Henderson also lost to Misaki and Kondo. Would Misaki and Kondo be top5 wins too? Because of the MMA math?

>Shields also very arguably lost to Okami - certainly did in terms of damage - or Maia, so following your MMA math logic they are about equally good.

If you want to debate why don't you list Silva's top 5 wins. I listed GSP's.

If Silva was the best fighter in the world before 2013 why didn't he move up to fight Jon Jones and take his belt? Instead he fought Irvin and Bonnar besides Griffin. Isn't Jones like you described Griffin, a big light heavyweight who takes people down?

If you're saying things at least get your facts straight, Henderson beat London by split decision. By your logic Silva would suck because he lost to Chonan.

And your logic that KOs equal dominant wins is silly. So I guess Khabib must not be good right since most people he beat by decision.

Last edited:
If you want to debate why don't you list Silva's top 5 wins. I listed GSP's.

If Silva was the best fighter in the world before 2013 why didn't he move up to fight Jon Jones and take his belt? Instead he fought Irvin and Bonnar besides Griffin. Isn't Jones like you described Griffin, a big light heavyweight who takes people down?

If you're saying things at least get your facts straight, Henderson beat London by split decision. By your logic Silva would suck because he lost to China.

And your logic that KOs equal dominant wins is silly. So I guess Khabib must not be good right since most people he beat by decision.

Silva's top5 wins are Hendo, Belfort, Griffin, Franklin and Sonnen.
All 5 wins by finish and none of them in size advantage...unless any other GOAT candidate.

Okami, Marquardt, Maia, Horn and Sakurai complete his top10 wins list imo

> Khabib is the first man to submit three tittle challengers in a row.

> Silva not being willing to challenge Jones doesnt discredit his performance vs Griffin. Its very easy to understand but you discuss like a mongoloid.

> Silva was a WW when he signed by UFC. And as a matter of fact its the only GOAT candidate with to5 wins in three different divisions (WW,MW,LHW)

If you're saying things at least get your facts straight, Henderson beat London by split decision. By your logic Silva would suck because he lost to China..

Ok, literally insane. Hope you get better.

Silva's top5 wins are Hendo, Belfort, Griffin, Franklin and Sonnen.
All 5 wins by finish and none of them in size advantage...unless any other GOAT candidate.

Okami, Marquardt, Maia, Horn and Sakurai complete his top10 wins list imo

> Khabib is the first man to submit three tittle challengers in a row.

> Silva not being willing to challenge Jones doesnt discredit his performance vs Griffin. Its very easy to understand but you discuss like a mongoloid.

> Silva was a WW when he signed by UFC. And as a matter of fact its the only GOAT candidate with to5 wins in three different divisions (WW,MW,LHW)

Ok, literally insane. Hope you get better.

Meant to say Chonan but phone auto-corrected.

Your argument that Shields isn't a good top 5 win when he dominated Hendo who you claim as a top 5 win for Silva is laughable. Shields was 26-4-1 before fighting GSP.

Is your argument that Silva is the GOAT? You can say he was past his prime after 2013 but you did state that he would've had problems with Jacare, Weidman, Romero, Izzy, and maybe Whitaker. The middleweight division wasn't deep when he was the champion.

Meant to say Chonan but phone auto-corrected.

Your argument that Shields isn't a good top 5 win when he dominated Hendo who you claim as a top 5 win for Silva is laughable. Shields was 26-4-1 before fighting GSP.

Is your argument that Silva is the GOAT? You can say he was past his prime after 2013 but you did state that he would've had problems with Jacare, Weidman, Romero, Izzy, and maybe Whitaker. The middleweight division wasn't deep when he was the champion.

Where did I say Shields isnt a good top5 win? What I said is that you can't consider a dull decision over Shields a legitimate top5 win while at the same time not give such credit to outclassing/finishing the likes of Okami, Marquardt or Maia. Either one or the other, you can't have it both ways, unless under very heavy bias.

My argument is Silva is the GOAT for the reasons exposed: quality of competition + quality of performance (finishes) + longevity + succes across 3 different divisions.

The fact there are 185lbers today that could give problems to a guy whose debut dates back to 1997 doesnt change his legacy. GSP would have problems with modern 170lbers too, as he actually had with Hendricks.
It's expected that as more and better athletes come into the sport the level increase gradually along with evolved training methods, it doesnt erase the legacy of legends from the past.

should've retired after the second weidman fight he was already like what 39

Pre and post usada??

pre and post his 38th birthday.

Ali at 38
71RtE33S9QL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Back