A super fight I'd love to see..

And this is relevant how? Vitor fought at LHW most of his career making him an equally huge MW plus he was on enough TRT to make a horse giddy...

Perhaps we should post gif's of all the times Robbie was beaten...His KO from Diaz, his 5 submission losses, etc.

Maybe you should dredge up Serra KO'ing GSP because that is highly relevant too!
The guy said no one at MW can beat Rockhold.

It's a stupid thing to say... they were saying it about Weidman just before the Rockhold fight... they were saying it about Anderson before that...

My point was everyone can be beaten, and anyone who's watched enough mma should know this.

I think Rockhold would win, probably a late sub.

I have trouble with anyone beating Rockhold at MW...hate to say it but I'm expecting him to hold the title for a long time. I think he'd sub Robbie after opening up his opportunity with some GnP.
Rockhold is definitely beatable, his Jacaré fight was controversial, Romero, Belfort and Jacaré would be no easy fight for him.

Robbie is winning but he is not having easy fights defending his title,so i dont think he should bother with 185 at all.

I have trouble with anyone beating Rockhold at MW...hate to say it but I'm expecting him to hold the title for a long time. I think he'd sub Robbie after opening up his opportunity with some GnP.

You know, I feel the same way. I just think he holds that belt till he gives it away...that being said, I thought Anderson would keep it till he retired.

This would be suicide for Robbie. I love Robbie, but come on...

Terrible fight honestly.

Robbie has poor leg kick defense, and is very submittable on the ground, both areas where Rockhold is strong. Add to this that Rockhold is significantly bigger and stronger than him, and I don't see any outs for Robbie other than one hail mary shot right on the button.

doc166113545_183737195

is this a gif of the future or...?

You know, I feel the same way. I just think he holds that belt till he gives it away...that being said, I thought Anderson would keep it till he retired.

good point. these are the things that have helped keep the MW divison compelling for some time now.

Rockhold finishes this fight on the ground by ko/sub.

Luke Rockhold vs Robbie Lawler at 185 lbs
Who would win and how?

Luke would take Lawler down whenever he wanted. He would then proceed to pound him for a TKO or until Lawler opens himself up for a submission.

IMO, Rockhold vs Lawler is not a super fight. It's a super mismatch.
Rockhold vs Jon Jones is a super fight.
Lawler vs Conor is a super fight.

Back