A song you like by an artist you don't really like

I've never supported any of these guys outside of this single song:

Hot Boys - Stick and Move

I can't front, I dig it.

Another one from a different genre would be:

Marching On - One Republic

I hate Kanye and Jay Z but I gotta admit I've listened to this one once in a while.

Loathe Skrillex and Dubstep and what they've done to mainstream electronic music but this is pretty good.. Also his buddy and now co-producer Diplo aka Major Lazer.. Produces shit now but a couple of years back I thought he was an up and comer.

Last edited:
Pretty much every one hit wonder out there...

I like that one hit. Don't like their other stuff though..

It's not hip to admit you like a one-hit wonder's one hit though.

Otherwise I'd agree with you.

"Grace Too" in my view, is the most uplifting Hip song. It helped me during times of self-doubt back in the day.

Sorry to get off topic but any over-thirty Canadian Sherdog posters ever listen to a radio skit called the "The Champ?"

If you found "Grace Too" uplifting, I don't think you really understood it.

I hate Kanye and Jay Z but I gotta admit I've listened to this one once in a while.

Loathe Skrillex and Dubstep and what they've done to mainstream electronic music but this is pretty good.. Also his buddy and now co-producer Diplo aka Major Lazer.. Produces shit now but a couple of years back I thought he was an up and comer.

None of that is dubstep. It's moombahton (Reptile at 110bpm) and trap.

I like a Taylor Swift song, trouble I think it's called.

I'll also sing along to James Blunts beautiful if it's on the radio.

Well my girlfriend listens to some girly crap. And every now and then one of those catchy songs sticks in my head and I start to think it's not bad.

But I ain't falling for this trap though. You guys can't have my man card.

Just kidding, I just can't think of the names of any of the songs.

A lot of Very homophobic Bashment/ragga. I don't approve of their message of hate, but I grew up on some of the classics:

[YT]aIUZlzd37sI[/YT]

Also, Major Lazer. I dislike Diplo, but they make some good tracks that I'd probably like more if it wasn't for the Diplo affiliation.

I have a broad interest in music, from Jazz to Pop-punk, but I generally have no interest in mainstream regular pop music. The ones that slip through the net for me are:
Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One.
Lady Gaga - Speechless
Olly Murs - Dance With me Tonight
Pitbull - Timber (I like the harmonica parts, Pitbull is easily one of the worst musicians ever)
Alex Clare - Too Close

This song became my guilty pleasure after listening to it while doing drive-bys with a rocket launcher in Saints Row 2:

[Yt]aCyGvGEtOwc[/MEDIA]

:redface:

Criminal by Eminem. I don't really like Eminem, but that song is hilarious.

Surely you like this one as well then..

I remember it was tied in with T2, maybe a music video or something, but no I don't like it. The hook is good, but the rest of bleh. LIke I said, hate most all this stuff, except for WTTJ.

I don't really like RKelly but I love this song

[YT]x_-VQTqvNBk[/YT]

A lot of Very homophobic Bashment/ragga. I don't approve of their message of hate, but I grew up on some of the classics:

[YT]aIUZlzd37sI[/YT]

Also, Major Lazer. I dislike Diplo, but they make some good tracks that I'd probably like more if it wasn't for the Diplo affiliation.

Buju is one of my favs

[YT]q28IsqN0Rz0[/YT]

[YT]f4N6KodXv08[/YT]

[YT]wjgI0cnxu_s[/YT]

[YT]5yymONwzP7o[/YT]

[YT]CS3KVwj5NxM[/YT]

Old crow medicine show - wagon wheel
underworld - born slip (nuxx)
Totti - mdlwembe

ufc songs:
Salvador fight night
delta spirit - people c'mon

Such a sappy, treacly, hair band but this song was very, very good.

Back