A song you like by an artist you don't really like

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
Just finished True detective.
There was a scene with a song that I looked up, as I really liked it.
Turns out that is was by Kris Kristofferson.
I have always known about him but never really been a fan.

Good song. Pretty far from my musical interest.
The lyrics are interesting.

Just wondering if any of you have some songs that you like by someone you don't like in general?

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen. I know he wrote many popular songs but I am not really familiar with him. A lot of my exposure to American music was from karaoke and this was one of his songs, but covered by a country singer. I really like her version.

[YT]9A2PKp-Ogy4[/YT]

Fred Durst duet with the Staind guy.

Dat early thirties life...

Hate the Counting Crows, but this song is great. Bonus points for Monica being in the video... Would.

[YT]1D5PtyrewSs[/YT]

Sassafras Roots - Green Day
Feeling This - Blink 182

"Home for a Rest"/"Venice is Sinking" by Spirit of the West....some songs just....Send You, ya know?

You aren't so much listening to it as you are immersed in first person perspective of an emotional response.

(If this gets out irl, years of carefully mined street cred and projected masculinity will be thrown to the rape-wolves. Gay people in Saudi Arabia would have a better go at life than I would if certain circles I hang with discover my secret shameful joy.)

Home for a Rest...hahahaha yeah, I hear that and I'm immediately a drunk 18 year old again.

There is one song by Lady Gaga I really like. Can't remember what its called though. Her first hit, maybe?

"Home for a Rest"/"Venice is Sinking" by Spirit of the West....some songs just....Send You, ya know?

You aren't so much listening to it as you are immersed in first person perspective of an emotional response.

(If this gets out irl, years of carefully mined street cred and projected masculinity will be thrown to the rape-wolves. Gay people in Saudi Arabia would have a better go at life than I would if certain circles I hang with discover my secret shameful joy.)

'Sixth Floor' is also a great song on that album.

Home for a Rest...hahahaha yeah, I hear that and I'm immediately a drunk 18 year old again.

One of my favorite songs of all time. Only Canadians know it though.

I used to play it on my tour bus all the time. People fucking loved it.

For anyone that doesn't know it...... Next time you are drunk and want to dance, put this on.

Last edited:

Canada has some beautiful music.

[YT]dN1rKKmOAm4[/YT]

[YT]e8Fi46BFAF0[/YT]

I can't stand Eminem for the most part but I can help but kind of like this song.
[YT]/watch?v=_1xXYeNrW9k[/YT]
I think Everlast is a bit of a douche but this song is pretty catchy.
[YT]/watch?v=vPoEA43cqKc[/YT]

Come together by the beatles.

I know the beatles are super-popular but i get a boy band type vibe from them i just cant get into most of their music.

more of a rolling stones type of guy.

Normally can't stand Jay z and think he's awful but I really like Feelin It from one of his early albums

Canada has some beautiful music.

[YT]dN1rKKmOAm4[/YT]

[YT]e8Fi46BFAF0[/YT]

"Grace Too" in my view, is the most uplifting Hip song. It helped me during times of self-doubt back in the day.

Sorry to get off topic but any over-thirty Canadian Sherdog posters ever listen to a radio skit called the "The Champ?"

Aint talkin bout love by van halen

The one song i like from the crappiest superband of all time.

Back