Media A Slow-Mo of The Elbow That Cut Anthony Pettis (UFC 229)

ahh now i see the wing chun finally
Your image has an error. Here's a gif I made the other day. The cut is visible if you look closely. Started to bleed pretty bad after that.
giphy.gif

Why don't more people fight like Tony though I mean come on

I know, right?

Honestly though (and I'm just guessing here, this is totally a shot in the dark by me) I think its because most of these MMA fighters are opposed to dying young. Because if you fight like Tony Ferguson but are in fact NOT Tony Ferguson, there is a good chance your life expectancy is roughly cut in half.

Ferguson is a beast and a true fighter. I can't wait for Khabib/Ferguson, but I have a feeling that Khabib can't handle the pace that Ferguson brings. That 3rd round break won't be a thing when they fight. Ferguson comes to get it. Khabib better work on his cardio.

couldve been the punch right after the elbow

just saying. we dont know for sure

Sumo, but no pushing and shoving allowed. Or charging at your opponent.

Or wearing a big towel-thong.

Thats problem with MMA, there is too many rules.
In real life there is no rules.

Can we get a super slow mo did Ferguson hit with an elbow after the roll or am I seeing things?

What impressed me is his recovery to understand that the other man is more hurt

And if you look closely, then you will see that you are a moron

El Cringecuey hates your hairline and will fuck it up with elbows

Conor should be pushing hard to fight Tony.

Tony is similar to Alvarez, both very hittable with questionable chins but great recovery. Conor is miles better than lee, Lando, and post usada-Pettis at striking. Conor is a great finisher and like Alvarez, Tony wont be recovering if he gets clipped.

That's a very winnable fight for Conor and his stock would shoot right back up to pre-khabib level, setting up a massive rematch. Beating Diaz does nothing to make ppl think he can hang with khabib, losing to Diaz would be devastating to his career. Tony wants Conor too so it is perfect timing while Khabib suspension/Floyd fight is still in limbo.

Conor should be pushing hard to fight Tony.

Tony is similar to Alvarez, both very hittable with questionable chins but great recovery. Conor is miles better than lee, Lando, and post usada-Pettis at striking. Conor is a great finisher and like Alvarez, Tony wont be recovering if he gets clipped.

That's a very winnable fight for Conor and his stock would shoot right back up to pre-khabib level, setting up a massive rematch. Beating Diaz does nothing to make ppl think he can hang with khabib, losing to Diaz would be devastating to his career. Tony wants Conor too so it is perfect timing while Khabib suspension/Floyd fight is still in limbo.

Tony recovers far better and quicker than Alvarez. Plus Tony is fantastic off his back so he doesn't necessarily need to try to get back to his feet until he's recovered.

Tony recovers far better and quicker than Alvarez. Plus Tony is fantastic off his back so he doesn't necessarily need to try to get back to his feet until he's recovered.

Tony's BJJ off his back would be a non factor, Conor doesnt finish people in their guard

Tony's BJJ off his back would be a non factor, Conor doesnt finish people in their guard

Conor will follow guys to the ground to finish if he's not worried about their guard (Dennis Siver for example). Eddie has no offensive guard game, he had to risk getting up before he was recovered to not have Conor come after him on the mat trying to finish. Tony won't need to do that if he's knocked down. He can lay there and wait for Conor to wave him back up. And since Tony recovers so quickly, by then he'll be fine.

Or maybe Tony just Imanari rolls as his entry and gets ahold of Conor and snags a sub before Conor can land a punch.

Tony isn't gonna sit back like Eddie did and let Conor dictate distance. It's just not how Tony fights. He'll be in Conor's face nonstop with pressure.

Back