A Sinister Tale of the Fisticuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a pussy, Liu.

Haven't seen you post in a while Brandon. Now that you and KK don't post as much, the quality of the Standup forum is just not what it used to be.

And I really wonder if KK is done for good or what. I'm guessing he's having some hard times with things outside of boxing that's bothering him mentally.

Wonder what is up. Hopefully hes just having computer problems or something.

Cody, what's going on man?

Edit: Liu is still training hard and has been a sparring partner for a guy rising in the ranks last I spoke with him. He probably just hasn't had a moment to update stuff on here.

Well that's good...Glad he isn't on vacation or getting fat in front of the computer like me...

Cody, what's going on man?

Edit: Liu is still training hard and has been a sparring partner for a guy rising in the ranks last I spoke with him. He probably just hasn't had a moment to update stuff on here.

Hey whats up Art? I've been workin on a couple websites I am making so I haven't been around much. Hows your training coming?

Hey fellas. Sorry about not posting in here. There's been A LOT of stuff going on, and it got to the point where the hour or so it would take to log everything became more of a chore than anything, especially since I started working out evenings again as well.

I've still been in the Gym, and training as hard as ever. I've been focusing on getting my strength better and I think it's worked. I'm pretty much now the resident Southpaw at Tocco's that someone will hit up if they come to the Gym before Noon and need sparring. In the evenings I've been busting my ass with plyometrics and whatnot, workouts helped in design by Cesar. I've also started seeing a nice young lady, who is inquisitive and not intrusive on pretty much everything I do. Hope that continues to go well.

Also, and probably the biggest thing...Cesar and I are beginning to branch out on our own with regards to nutrition. I figure between the R.D. program (which is finally completed), and how long I've been working for various GNC's, might as well start using that knowledge for ourselves. Cesar is in the process of becoming certified as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, and we've come up with this:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/levantar-sinister-plan-1053784/

That's where my effort has gone lately. It's already begun as we have some people who have started programs designed by us. Probably the biggest success is a friend of mine who has Multiple Sclerosis, and moved to Vegas earlier this year after splitting with his wife. He was nearly 300lbs when he got here, and was borderline diabetic, had cholesterol problems, the works. Now he's down to a little over 220, cholesterol is fine, blood/sugar is fine, and most importantly the MS seems to be in a state of remission. He's also studying biology at the moment at UNLV, and will end up helping us in the above endeavor.

I can't say if I'll be posting anymore in here because I'm putting every ounce of effort I can into this and some other ventures built around my Boxing. And then there's the time I make for my lady.

Oh and Art, you could have thrown in a plug considering that we revised your eating to the umpteenth degree.

Hey fellas. Sorry about not posting in here. There's been A LOT of stuff going on, and it got to the point where the hour or so it would take to log everything became more of a chore than anything, especially since I started working out evenings again as well.

I've still been in the Gym, and training as hard as ever. I've been focusing on getting my strength better and I think it's worked. I'm pretty much now the resident Southpaw at Tocco's that someone will hit up if they come to the Gym before Noon and need sparring. In the evenings I've been busting my ass with plyometrics and whatnot, workouts helped in design by Cesar. I've also started seeing a nice young lady, who is inquisitive and not intrusive on pretty much everything I do. Hope that continues to go well.

Also, and probably the biggest thing...Cesar and I are beginning to branch out on our own with regards to nutrition. I figure between the R.D. program (which is finally completed), and how long I've been working for various GNC's, might as well start using that knowledge for ourselves. Cesar is in the process of becoming certified as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, and we've come up with this:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/levantar-sinister-plan-1053784/

That's where my effort has gone lately. It's already begun as we have some people who have started programs designed by us. Probably the biggest success is a friend of mine who has Multiple Sclerosis, and moved to Vegas earlier this year after splitting with his wife. He was nearly 300lbs when he got here, and was borderline diabetic, had cholesterol problems, the works. Now he's down to a little over 220, cholesterol is fine, blood/sugar is fine, and most importantly the MS seems to be in a state of remission. He's also studying biology at the moment at UNLV, and will end up helping us in the above endeavor.

I can't say if I'll be posting anymore in here because I'm putting every ounce of effort I can into this and some other ventures built around my Boxing. And then there's the time I make for my lady.

Oh and Art, you could have thrown in a plug considering that we revised your eating to the umpteenth degree.

Whew, good to know you are still training Liu. So is making your pro debut no longer your first priority, I'm guessing? Personally, I'm really glad you are opening up to more opportunities. And just curious, is your friend going to box for UNLV? I met a guy a while ago who said he's on the boxing team at UNLV. Maybe they know each other.

Nah Jose don't box, especially with MS.

And I'm still training hard to make my Pro debut. I got called for a Fight but they wanted me to drop 10lbs in 3 days, that's a prescription for an ass-whoopin'.

Soon as I get a reasonable call I'll Fight, I'm Licensed and ready to go. I'm also Boxing even better now than ever. Mike says my right hook is now picture-perfect, so he's now got me focusing more on sneaky body punches. I was working as a sparring partner for Danny because he was Fighting a Southpaw, but I lost that gig when they pulled a switch-a-roo and now he's Fighting an Orthodox guy. I might be sparring with Salvador Sanchez next week. We'll see.

Haha yea. Liu's got me on some eating regimen. It's really basic and crazy inexpensive stuff. I'm actually saving $50 a month. It has seriously helped, I don't gas in practice now, my strength and conditioning has jumped. So much that Joe made me do a 2hr session tonight. It was my usual training but with sparring and more jump rope thrown in... I feel fine a bit tried but that's to be expected when you go a extra hour with no break.

So if you train like mad and eat like a high schooler I believe I was compared to lol. Hit Liu up. He breaks it down for you so you understand why you're eating what. So you're not just mindlessly buying what he recommends at the market with a dumb fucking look on your face.

Plus he enjoys it when I smash peoples faces so it's fair deal ^_^

I'd love to read more updates, Liu.
This is my all-time favourite Sherdog thread. :)

I probably should have closed this thread when I basically abandoned logging.

Greg - Cotto always had the Gym closed completely. So I never saw him.

5across - Go to boxrec and search for Salvador Sanchez, you might be surprised at what you see.

endurance - I still train, work as a sparring partner here and there, haven't gotten a call for a bout in a while.

Cdn_Fight_Fan - I don't give a shit what haters have to say. There's always ways to contact me. For as long as this log as existed, no one has ever shown up to any Gym I was ever at, no one has e-mailed me with questions about what I do or why, and I'd be happy to answer if they did. There's always going to be people who feel this way or that...and it has little to no consequence to my existence. Hell, just that another thread popped up on the internet even asking a question about me pretty much guarantees new fans (or fans disguised as haters), should I ever make anything of myself.

I came to Vegas to change my life, to learn this Sport, and share that experience with Sherdog primarily because it was here where I found a lot of the inspiration to do so. I never thought I'd end up here. Certain things have happened, certain things have yet to happen or may never happen. Anyone who reads this is free to make whatever they want of it, and what they make of it largely comes from how they feel about their own lives...or lack thereof.

McPunchy - Thank you. But I just don't have the time in the day to record it all. I still have obligations to Mod here. I sacrificed this so I could still fulfill those duties in the time I get here in a day. I may begin another log should things change, we'll see. But for now it's just etched in History. As I said above, free for anyone to interpret however they will. I'm a hero, or a coward, whatever works for whomever reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back