A single round can sway someone’s net worth millions of dollars

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Example A - if Conor lost the fifth round to Nate in their second fight, he would have never gotten the Alvarez fight and subsequently the Mayweather fight.

Example B - I fully expected a TJ / DJ showdown if they had both won. Mighty Mouse would have made at least a million off that fight.

Not sure how I feel about this. Not complaining or supporting. Just stating it’s kind of wild for a single round to sway someone’s net worth and in Conor’s case the net worth of his family for generations to come - as long as he doesn’t continue M.C. Hammering his wealth.

10-point system is flawed and will be extinct in no less than 20 years

This is why finishing fights is so important and a necessary condition for being the GOAT

Well shit, fights can come down to one round, that's the way the sport is and always will be. Not sure what there is to complain about or support.

Welcome to life. Where small moments can alter your future forever.

Example A - if Conor lost the fifth round to Nate in their second fight, he would have never gotten the Alvarez fight and subsequently the Mayweather fight.

Example B - I fully expected a TJ / DJ showdown if they had both won. Mighty Mouse would have made at least a million off that fight.

Not sure how I feel about this. Not complaining or supporting. Just stating it’s kind of wild for a single round to sway someone’s net worth and in Conor’s case the net worth of his family for generations to come - as long as he doesn’t continue M.C. Hammering his wealth.

That's part of the beauty of this sport, imo. In inferior sports like basketbull, fooodball, sucker etc. you can spent entire seasons losing and still make millions. In combat sports it's all or nothing.

This is why finishing fights is so important and a necessary condition for being the GOAT

This doesn't matter at all. What's more impressive beating everyone bell to bell or catching someone? Anyone can get caught but if you dominate your opponent for 25 mins, you have proven more.

Well shit, fights can come down to one round, that's the way the sport is and always will be. Not sure what there is to complain about or support.

I’m just saying these guys train their entire lives - thousands and thousands of hours and just five minutes can heavily alter the payoff.

Don't leave it in the hand of the judges.

DJ has himself to blame for not finishing Cejudo. He is clearly capable of it but didn't want to risk too much and wanted to win a decision. TJ went balls to the ball and got what he wanted.

In a close fight if you are not pushing for a finish then yeah, you can lose a lot.

This doesn't matter at all. What's more impressive beating everyone bell to bell or catching someone? Anyone can get caught but if you dominate your opponent for 25 mins, you have proven more.

Jones, Silva and Fedor consistently finished fights because they were good finishers. Rarely did they just "catch" someone

GSP fan detected. Lol at "catching someone". Dudes that are consistently finishing are not just "catching" people.

Me not using protection against my ex that one time basically wrecked my life forever. Gave me jail time, homelessness and a fucking daughter I never wanted that I have to pay for 18 years. Is normal.

or a a single fight, for instance Korean Zombie-Leonard Garcia

A single two dollar Powerball ticket can swing your net worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

That's part of the beauty of this sport, imo. In inferior sports like basketbull, fooodball, sucker etc. you can spent entire seasons losing and still make millions. In combat sports it's all or nothing.

Hate to be the one.....

Inferior sports are way more popular.

DJ has himself to blame for not finishing Cejudo. He is clearly capable of it but didn't want to risk too much and wanted to win a decision. TJ went balls to the ball and got what he wanted.

In a close fight if you are not pushing for a finish then yeah, you can lose a lot.
Not all fighters can win with "balls to wall" approach.
Becoming the GOAT means winning,not finishing fights. Cody gift wrapped his own demise for TJ.

Hate to be the one.....

Not all fighters can win with "balls to wall" approach.
Becoming the GOAT means winning,not finishing fights. Cody gift wrapped his own demise for TJ.

All you can do is speculate. Conor made more in the second Nate fight after he lost the first.

thats why Conor is a fuckin genius. He took every opportunity he had that was presented to him.

Absolutely.
The art of winning 10-9 rounds is garbage and has been detrimental to MMA.

Hate to be the one.....

Well, how popular do you want mma to be? Do you want them all to be douches like the top guys in mainstream sports, wear dumb clothes, talk about "building brands" and have partnerships with Nike and reality shows?

That shit makes me sick. Look what happened to Conor when he hit the big time. Isn't it enough that you like that sport? Bigger isn't always better.

Hate to be the one.....

Well, how popular do you want mma to be? Do you want them all to be douches like the top guys in mainstream sports, wear dumb clothes, talk about "building brands" and have partnerships with Nike and reality shows?

That shit makes me sick. Look what happened to Conor when he hit the big time. Isn't it enough that you like that sport? Bigger isn't always better.

Hate to be the one.....

1 punch can change everything
6dtons.jpg

Dominating your opponent to the point where the ref or their corner has to stop the fight speaks louder than both.

Anyone can get caught, yes. Dominating the opponent for 25 minutes - but not doing enough damage to finish the fight is not the highest level of victory.

If the audience doesn't look like this, you haven't dominated

mzw7rpoo5t301.gif

At 211 degrees you have hot water, at 212 you have steam that can power a train.
That tiny extra bit can make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
GSP fan detected. Lol at "catching someone". Dudes that are consistently finishing are not just "catching" people.

All but two of Conor's UFC wins have been by catching. That's why his nickname is Conor Catfish.

All but two of Conor's UFC wins have been by catching. That's why his nickname is Conor Catfish.

Back