A single concussion may triple the risk of suicide

Fighting and brain trauma go hand in hand. Do you like fighting? Then you support people getting brain trauma. If you can't stomach that, find a new sport to watch.
I think it's important to know more about it. Maybe realise that you shouldnt complain that a guy isnt completely unconscious before the ref calls the fight and understand why the fighter take such long breaks inbetween fights.

I also think it's important to denounce that old chute box mentality that KOíng each other in training is a badass thing to do and not something that should be emulated by guys picking up the sport in shitty gyms.

Shit, Diego Sanchez should have made preparations for hari kari about 10 years ago.

21-Japanese-Samurai-font-b-Sword-b-font-font-b-Short-b-font-Katana-Tanto-Folding.jpg
Diego Sanchez? What about Big Nog? He should have committed ritual suicide 5 or 6 times by now. Maybe he's cursed like Mysterion from South Park?

Can't wait for RDA to give pickey conner the concussion of his life in that case TS.

#sagebless

I think it's important to know more about it. Maybe realise that you shouldnt complain that a guy isnt completely unconscious before the ref calls the fight and understand why the fighter take such long breaks inbetween fights.

I also think it's important to denounce that old chute box mentality that KOíng each other in training is a badass thing to do and not something that should be emulated by guys picking up the sport in shitty gyms.

I don't disagree with any of that. I think most guys know the gym wars may be beneficial in some ways, but they're toxic for brain health. I'm not usually in the "early stoppage!" camp, so not guilty there. I don't really care how often a guy fights, he's gotta pay his bills not me. If he can afford to fight once a year, more power to him. Exception being champions: if you don't wanna fight at least twice a year, don't take a championship fight. Other fighters deserve to be in a division where the champion fights regularly enough that they have a reasonable chance at fighting for the belt in their lifetime.

With that said, there's still going to be brain trauma. It sucks but it's the nature of getting hit in the head a lot.

I had a bad concussion during a football game in highschool getting knocked unconscious on a blindside hit. I didn't feel "right" for at least a year.

I've been concussed repeatedly throughout my life.

And look at me now - I have a brown belt on Sherdog, I own a phone. Is there anything more to life?

This is certainly interesting, watching this concussion thing develop. I wonder what sports will look like in 20 years. Not that it's a bad thing, our brains are amazing and delicate. Makes sense we should minimize damage, really.

Dana White claimed UFC was safest sport in the world. It isn't a sport for intelligent people.

I had a bad concussion during a football game in highschool getting knocked unconscious on a blindside hit. I didn't feel "right" for at least a year.

I got knocked out in a car accident but I didn't notice a difference. That may be because other parts of my body were more fucked up than my head.

Dana White claimed UFC was safest sport in the world. It isn't a sport for intelligent people.
Intelligent people avoid fights or learn self defense. They don't volunteer to let another human being try to turn they're brain into apple sauce. I don't care how much money I could make, I want a quality life between 50-70.

I've been concussed repeatedly throughout my life.

And look at me now - I have a brown belt on Sherdog, I own a phone. Is there anything more to life?

This is certainly interesting, watching this concussion thing develop. I wonder what sports will look like in 20 years. Not that it's a bad thing, our brains are amazing and delicate. Makes sense we should minimize damage, really.

But do you love lamp?

This is why i didn't play football in highschool and stuck to video games

Other factors that increase suicide risks (and these are real) being white, being male, living in a rural area.

So basically, factoring for concussions, someone needs to check on Matt Hughes every once in a while.

I got knocked out in a car accident but I didn't notice a difference. That may be because other parts of my body were more fucked up than my head.
Definitely could be but I think no one concussion is the same. They effect people so differently. It varies completely from one to the next. I guess I'm a TJ Grant.

Other factors that increase suicide risks (and these are real) being white, being male, living in a rural area.

So basically, factoring for concussions, someone needs to check on Matt Hughes every once in a while.

I'd say Mark needs to be checked on even more urgently, since he's also a white male living in a rural area, but with the added risk factor of being the one getting pounded behind the barn. At least Matt is the pounder, not the poundee.

How many of these guys are getting knocked out in street fights?

I would guess that if you are angry enough to get into a street fight then you are not going to be in a good place in life anyway.

I've only been KO'd to the body in an actual fight (boxing). Other than that I've been sucker punched from behind that did KO me until the ground woke me up. My eye was rekt from that and still is off a little. I was depressed and now I wonder if there's a correlation. Thanks for posting TS now everyone feels worse about themselves and for watching the sport.

Back