*A. Silva Video Tribute* My First - Tell Me What You Think!!

maddwarf

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
a few notes - sorry its not on youtube but they wouldnt let me put it up there :icon_cry2
- i had some issues viewing it on some browsers but firefox let me watch the entire video
- im not all that tech savy so if theres issues you could inform me of that would be great

heres the link http://www.veoh.com/watch/v42072589KHKwX4T5

Last edited:
when you make a 30 minute episode of someone's career don't call it a highlight reel.

oh it's just 1 person? who is it up? shouldn't that be in the op?? i figured it was just general highlights from mma....

uh-uh, nope, no way, not gunna happen, sorry no thanks. I am NOT watchin a 30 min "HL -Reel"

It's a 5 min preview of the 30 min vid.

OP, don't do fast forward of the fights. Pick the start of where you want to begin then do slow motion of what you want people to see (generally a hit of some type). Fast forward looks amateur and silly. It was kind of cool to see some of the older stuff though.

is it weird that we're 8 posts into this thread and i still dont know who the video features?

a few notes - sorry its not on youtube but they wouldnt let me put it up there :icon_cry2
- i had some issues viewing it on some browsers but firefox let me watch the entire video
- im not all that tech savy so if theres issues you could inform me of that would be great

heres the link http://www.veoh.com/watch/v42072589KHKwX4T5

A HL reel isn't a 30 minute video dude.

Edit: LOL, 5-6 people have already said this

I think it was very well done. The changes from fast forward to slow mo or regular speed worked well for me. As for the complaints about length, I'd just call it an "AS career retrospective/highlight" and that might make people more willing to check out a half hour. Also, I loved the early footage.

A couple minor gripes (meant as constructive criticism). Jerry Rice just got passed for the single season receiving yards so he doesn't particularly stand out to me as the greatest football player of all time. I don't know who you would substitute though. If I were you, I'd just stick to basketball, hockey, baseball, and soccer (Pele perhaps) since they have more looming dominant figures.

Second minor gripe, I'd get to AS a bit quicker. I understand the desire to build tension and crescendo to your reveal of AS as the "Michael Jordan of mma" but instead of a two minute intro,, maybe make it more like one.

Kudos.

I think it was very well done. The changes from fast forward to slow mo or regular speed worked well for me. As for the complaints about length, I'd just call it an "AS career retrospective/highlight" and that might make people more willing to check out a half hour. Also, I loved the early footage.

A couple minor gripes (meant as constructive criticism). Jerry Rice just got passed for the single season receiving yards so he doesn't particularly stand out to me as the greatest football player of all time. I don't know who you would substitute though. If I were you, I'd just stick to basketball, hockey, baseball, and soccer (Pele perhaps) since they have more looming dominant figures.

Second minor gripe, I'd get to AS a bit quicker. I understand the desire to build tension and crescendo to your reveal of AS as the "Michael Jordan of mma" but instead of a two minute intro,, maybe make it more like one.

Kudos.

thanks for the feed back! yeah football was a bit harder to pick a #1 for lol but i thought Rice was a safe bet. i could speed up the captions at the beggining to speed things up to silva. and yes ill change the "HL Reel" label. didnt mean to mislead people :redface:

I hate to come in and do some off-topic nit-picking but dude, football greats don't need you as a fan if you immediately denounce someone as the greatest just because they're record got broken. Jerry Rice has 40+ other records too. Kobe has smashed almost all of Jordan's records, does that mean that MJ isn't the greatest of all time anymore?

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

OP, I'm about half way through the video and I like it. I just wouldn't title it as a "highlight" since the definition of highlight is an abbreviation of something. Title it as a episode or series of HL's. Something of that nature. But so far I'm enjoying it.

I hate to come in and do some off-topic nit-picking but dude, football greats don't need you as a fan if you immediately denounce someone as the greatest just because they're record got broken. Jerry Rice has 40+ other records too. Kobe has smashed almost all of Jordan's records, does that mean that MJ isn't the greatest of all time anymore?

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

OP, I'm about half way through the video and I like it. I just wouldn't title it as a "highlight" since the definition of highlight is an abbreviation of something. Title it as a episode or series of HL's. Something of that nature. But so far I'm enjoying it.

yeah i renamed it as a "video tribute" - hope thats more accurate :p

anyone have any tips on how i could get this up on youtube? i tried but they blocked it right away :icon_cry2

Youtube will never allow this on there. It is filled with Zuffa content.

Very nice, although I only got to see 5 minutes of it.

One thing though, I'm not much of a football fan, but I've always heard that Jim Brown was the GOAT. At least, I think I've heard that.

And YouTube won't ever let this on their website because YouTube has become lame as shit in the past few years.

Back