A shit ton of good bets on underdogs coming up!

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Gustaffson is +250 against Cormier
Woodley is +210 against Hendricks
Chambers is +800 against PVZ
Henderson is + 245 against Belfort
Sanchez is +400 against Ricardo

Via Bovada

The margin of all these betting lines with the exception of Sanchez, should be closer. These underdogs are solid and tight and solid.

Last edited:
How is Diego going to beat Lamas?

Wait I forgot he doesn't actually need to win the fight to get his hand raised, nevermind!

Me too. Only I'm jamming Hashad. Care to explain how u see Bader winning?

Have you seen Rashad fight lately?

Me either.

Vs Hendo and Nog he looked absolutely terrible. Those were years ago now. Sonnen was a gimme fight... prime Rashad is a tough matchup for Bader, but Bader has been looking better the last couple years while Rashad has been inactive, and looking worse when we've seen him. January of 2012 vs Phil Davis is the last time Rashad looked good, almost 4 yrs ago.

Both guys are wrestleboxers with similar skill sets on paper. Rashad is faster, but he can also be very tentative and gunshy, and I believe Bader will outwork him and take a decision via aggression. If Rashad shows up rejuvenated and recommitted then who knows though

Odds are good but I don't think any of those dogs are going to win. Maybe Chambers just because PVZ is kind of a disaster in the cage.

Gus and Henderson have some chance, the others will dominate.

i agree, i may add Sanchez to that list

Chambers and Wood will most likely get wreck't well Chambers at least

Apparently, it's opposite day. All those lines are reasonable except possibly the +400 line. Like WalkenWouldOwn says, you have to account for The Sanchez Effect.

Derrick Lewis, Cariaso, Gustafsson

Odds are good but I don't think any of those dogs are going to win. Maybe Chambers just because PVZ is kind of a disaster in the cage.

I think Hendo takes it. Old daddy Vitor isn't going to bring much. Juiceless Belfort < Old man Hendo. I think Woodley beats Hendricks, Hendricks has been in some wars, and didn't look awfully stellar in his last performance.

Agreed. If we were talking about 2012 Rashad, after he looked great vs Phil Davis and had just beaten Tito and Rampage pretty easily, I would pick him over Bader.

BUT... Rashad has not fought for 2 years, and looked terrible vs Nog and Hendo in some of his more recent fights, while Bader has been not only active, but has been looking better and better each fight during that time period. I think Bader edges both the striking and the wrestling in this fight.

Self bump! Underdog cashes!

I like the Chambers bet, but that's it, wouldn't take any of the others.

Dustin Poirier is +200 against Joe Duffy

I also like Bader over Rashad at +130

I like the Chambers bet, but that's it, wouldn't take any of the others.

Dustin Poirier is +200 against Joe Duffy

I also like Bader over Rashad at +130

I find Poirier/Duffy too hard to call. The diamond has looked impressive as of late, but Duffy to me has that "it" factor.

Gustaffson is +250 against Cormier
Woodley is +210 against Hendricks
Chambers is +800 against PVZ
Henderson is + 245 against Belfort
Sanchez is +400 against Ricardo

The margin of all these betting lines with the exception of Sanchez, should be closer. These underdogs are solid and tight and solid.

Gus and Henderson have some chance, the others will dominate.

Gustafsson is an interesting bet. He did very well against Jones and I don't think his grappling has gone downhill. He's long and rangy like Jones and it's not going to be a walk in the park for Cormier to get close to him. In the stand up Gus has the edge and the question is will he be able to keep it standing. I might put some money on him as Cormier doesn't seem very very dangerous (like Rumble or Jones) to me.

I don't like Hendricks at all, but he has only lost to GSP and Lawler in the last 5 years. He's evolved and his striking game is even more dangerous which makes him well rounded. Woodley hasn't really impressed me after the Condit fight, but I don't know. He's the kind of fighter you should never count out.

I have a feeling Belfort will knock Henderson out again. He's a lot faster and probably hits like a truck. Henderson H-bombed Boetsch in his last fight but does he really have it in him to fight the top 5 of the division... I don't think so but that remains to be seen!

Sanchez is a mystery. First fight in the lower weight class and he's against a top guy... I see it as a no bet.

I find Poirier/Duffy too hard to call. The diamond has looked impressive as of late, but Duffy to me has that "it" factor.

Agreed, I won't be putting much money down, but I'm not 100% sold on Duffy performing against someone like Poirier. It's a big step up and I have to take Dustin

Gustafsson is an interesting bet. He did very well against Jones and I don't think his grappling has gone downhill. He's long and rangy like Jones and it's not going to be a walk in the park for Cormier to get close to him. In the stand up Gus has the edge and the question is will he be able to keep it standing. I might put some money on him as Cormier doesn't seem very very dangerous (like Rumble or Jones) to me.

I don't like Hendricks at all, but he has only lost to GSP and Lawler in the last 5 years. He's evolved and his striking game is even more dangerous which makes him well rounded. Woodley hasn't really impressed me after the Condit fight, but I don't know. He's the kind of fighter you should never count out.

I have a feeling Belfort will knock Henderson out again. He's a lot faster and probably hits like a truck. Henderson H-bombed Boetsch in his last fight but does he really have it in him to fight the top 5 of the division... I don't think so but that remains to be seen!

Sanchez is a mystery. First fight in the lower weight class and he's against a top guy... I see it as a no bet.

I like the Gus bet. I really think he can nullify Cormier's wrestling as he did against Jones....people look too into that Johnson fight. If that fight wasn't broken up I don't think Gus would have lost...Johnson stated he heard Gus's corner yelling "FRONT KICK!!" at the break, and Rumble was immediately ready for the counter...

Woodley, gus, and chambers are all good value bets! I also think Aldo at +155 is a good bet

Also, I can't see Woodley beating Johny. Especially if he goes out there with one of his dumbass "I want to go to decision" gameplans. Rory made him look lost & Kelvin arguably should have beat him. But if the Woodley from the Condit fight shows up...different story. But I don't trust the guy in big fights.

Johny RD2 (T)KO

Herrig blocked me when I cheered Randa for her TUF win on twitter. Haha. I'm on the Randa bandwagon without question.

Haha! Good! Stay salty, Felice :icon_chee

tumblr_nfcnmsJ9Z21rvcjd7o2_400.gif

RecentLeanAmericancrocodile.gif

QSW invite, incoming :wink:

I think Woodley beats Hendricks, but unsure on the others.

Worth betting small on Chambers for those odds though

Back