A revelation. Can you relate?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. How to live a better life? This forum is about Strength. And conditioning I guess

no, lol. Im asking if I should simply join and MMA gym and train on techniques and grappling to begin, or maybe just remain in my current regular gym and begin weight-lifting and cardio training to get myself a headstart. How often%2u

no, lol. Im asking if I should simply join and MMA gym and train on techniques and grappling to begin, or maybe just remain in my current regular gym and begin weight-lifting and cardio training to get myself a headstart. How often%2u

Train to get in shape, don't get in shape to train. So basically, if you want to do MMA, join the MMA gym and start training.

Yeah, just jump right into the MMA training. You said you have done some in the past, so you should have a pretty good idea how it will be. That said I would still try to do some strength training 2-3 times a week depending on what your body can handle. Read the FAQ, it should help you out.

The only problem is I've been out of this game for awhile, and I need to make this transition to a new lifestyle.

You're 16! But yeah just train hard and lift weights to get strong...no time like the present huh?

stop getting drunk and letting people punch you in the face and you'll be fine

Just dont get drunk and let people have a shot at your face. Even Anderson Silva could get knocked out if he did that.

Read the book, "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl, a Holocaust survivor.

And what's with all the squiggles and everything in%2

hahaha of course i stopped getting drunk after that. I'm just trying to progress from here on, dedicate myself to something with a little more purpose. On to "step two". And i have not the slightest idea why there are squiggles in the p

I hope martial arts help your life. I'd suggest seeking out an older man to be a mentor to you. Not necessarily some sensei or something, just some dude that's got his head on straight and some life experience. It sounds like that's what you need most in life right now: Someone to model what it really means to be a man, and to kick your ass when you're being a dumbass.

hopefully it will. I'm only sixteen, and there is room from idiotic mistakes, but i guess it takes this type of inspiration for me to actually wake up and do something productive. Ironic.

I wonder what would happen if I sticked out my chin and let myself get hit. Worst thing that ever happened to me was a concussion from snowboarding (school skiing trip), I don't know if I was "knocked" out, because I don't remember anything lol. I might have lied there and someone came to me and helped me get up, but I would expect that the person would call the ambulance or something - since he probably saw a dizzy person lying on snow. So apparently I got up, kept snowboarding, somehow got back to the hotel without anyone noticing. Then I just remember how I'm in our room, all of my friends laughing, because for the last 20 minutes I was repeating "damn that must have been a big fall". I'm seriously interested what would happen if I got hit with a real punch, but I have a feeling I might be one of those people that have a glass jaw, I just hope it's not as bad as arlovski's.

It reminds me of that story I heard once, about a boxer - "yeah the fight was going real good, and then all of a sudden I'm at home watching tv" :D.

hahahahahha, it was a very similar experience on my part. I remember barking in the kids face, a shamble of drunken testosterone, and then my best friend looking in my face saying "Oh my god bro, are you okay?"

I later had to{4 apologize to the kid, like a complete and utter b*tch. But I had to, because really, it was my own fault that it happened and I had to except that. Plus, he was my friend and we were both drunk. Life will throw some curve balls at you, what determines your strength is how you move forward from it.

I wouldn't suggest any of it, although it takes some balls to take a%2

I have a feeling the TS is passing messages to the Russians with some sort of encrypted code language or something.

I wonder what would happen if I sticked out my chin and let myself get hit. Worst thing that ever happened to me was a concussion from snowboarding (school skiing trip), I don't know if I was "knocked" out, because I don't remember anything lol. I might have lied there and someone came to me and helped me get up, but I would expect that the person would call the ambulance or something - since he probably saw a dizzy person lying on snow. So apparently I got up, kept snowboarding, somehow got back to the hotel without anyone noticing. Then I just remember how I'm in our room, all of my friends laughing, because for the last 20 minutes I was repeating "damn that must have been a big fall". I'm seriously interested what would happen if I got hit with a real punch, but I have a feeling I might be one of those people that have a glass jaw, I just hope it's not as bad as arlovski's.

It reminds me of that story I heard once, about a boxer - "yeah the fight was going real good, and then all of a sudden I'm at home watching tv" :D.

About seven years ago I was sparring with a real monster. He hit me with an overhand right - I only know because he told me afterwards, I did'nt actually see it. It was like a flash-bang going off inside my skull. I was out cold for a second or two but still standing.

Funny thing was, during the rest of the class, the lights in the room seemed to get much brighter and I found myself squinting. I had a headache that lasted for twenty four hours...

Back