A response from Colton about the "phantom glove touch"

Ironically I am watching the Koscheck vs. Pierce fight and Pierce came out with his hand up to touch gloves and Kos didn't touch rather circled to the side a bit until Pierce had his hand down. That's probably the way to do it if the other guy wants to touch and you don't.

I agree, plus the response if you agree to touch gloves is to either raise your own glove while you're moving towards the center of the ring or to give the little head nod that we so often see

Its a fight,so go do whatever the hell you want. So what if it was cheap,he got the contract. So what if he made a bunch of people mad.

Once the bell rings protect yourself at all times. Im tired of seeing dudes touching gloves once the fight starts. Do that shit before when the ref tells you to touch gloves.

"you gotta defend yourself at all times while in the ring" - Mayweather

its his fault he should have saw it comming when the other guy wasn't being to friendly.

Floyd knows whats up. If you are out their touching gloves and hugging and kissing you deserve to be ko'd.

I really hope the UFC makes things difficult for him by giving him tough opponents. I hate that punk.

Its a fight,so go do whatever the hell you want. So what if it was cheap,he got the contract. So what if he made a bunch of people mad.

well, to be realistic, it's not as simple as "making a bunch of people mad". He completely alienated himself from damn near anyone who isn't a die-hard gung ho military man (even my wife was noticeably annoyed by the phantom glove touch, and she doesn't REALLY give a shit). If you've got the talent to back up the heel image, and thats the way you want to run your career, fine, run with that. But if you don't, and (or) you don't WANT to be known as a douche bag, then it has a pretty significant impact on a guys reputation, in negative fashion.

I don't think he wants to be known as a douche bag, personally. That said, I'm def not convinced he's a good guy. He seems REALLY immature to me. He followed Julian around the house quite a bit in the first portion of the season and looked like a tool's sidekick as well, which is never a good thing either, IMO.

I really hope the UFC makes things difficult for him by giving him tough opponents. I hate that punk.

i'll tell you what, I think he's in deep shit as soon as he faces a guy with impressive tdd and power in his hands/feet. Colton's got a LONG way to go before that striking will be where it needs to be in order to hang with any top 15-20 lw (where I'm assuming he'll head given his fairly small frame) or ww.

well, to be realistic, it's not as simple as "making a bunch of people mad". He completely alienated himself from damn near anyone who isn't a die-hard gung ho military man (even my wife was noticeably annoyed by the phantom glove touch, and she doesn't REALLY give a shit). If you've got the talent to back up the heel image, and thats the way you want to run your career, fine, run with that. But if you don't, and (or) you don't WANT to be known as a douche bag, then it has a pretty significant impact on a guys reputation, in negative fashion.

I don't think he wants to be known as a douche bag, personally. That said, I'm def not convinced he's a good guy. He seems REALLY immature to me. He followed Julian around the house quite a bit in the first portion of the season and looked like a tool's sidekick as well, which is never a good thing either, IMO.

Yeah i get what your saying. btw i can't stand the guy,and yes i think that he is sort of a bad guy.

But the bottom line is its a fist fight in a steel cage.

Naw fuck that. That was the cheapest shit I've ever seen in mma..well honestly not really but it was dirty and he's supposed to be all about the marines and respect and that shit was just the opposite. Ever sense then i can't stand him. He's a boring fighter on top of that

Plus 1

It is a fight and you're suppose to defend yourself and that is why there is no penalty for it.

But if you want people to not like you and make things more difficult for yourself go ahead and do it. It's a scummy move and shows your just kinda a piece of shit in the end.

that was bad style.

if you dont wanna touch gloves, say so, dont bait the other guy into thinking you will to gain an advantage.

poor reflection of character.

Fake glove touch is perfectly legal. Fortunately, so is getting knocked the fuck out. Which we'll see the first time he fights somebody good.

Ironically I am watching the Koscheck vs. Pierce fight and Pierce came out with his hand up to touch gloves and Kos didn't touch rather circled to the side a bit until Pierce had his hand down. That's probably the way to do it if the other guy wants to touch and you don't.

That's a totally fine way to do it. I've also seen people shake their heads "no" until the guy puts his hand down. No need for the fake glove tap...ever

lol, nerves. interesting set of nerves if they're telling you to fake touching gloves so you can shoot for the takedown.

Don't give a fuck.
He sponsored my next trip, so thanks a lot.

colton smith is a huge tool and an incredibly boring fighter

way to go dude

:eek:

It's really not clear what he's even saying. He says it wasn't "maliciously done on purpose." So was it non-maliciously done on purpose?

Sounds like he knows he did bad and is trying to weasel out of it.

I'd prefer it if he just owned the bad stuff, like Kos.

Back