A response from Colton about the "phantom glove touch"

Man, he got under your skin huh.

UAlZU.gif

Colton has been saying this for months. Every time I brought up his side of what happened, everybody dismissed it and just continued to hate on him.
Some people don't like him because he is vocal about his military service, others don't like him because he is a wrestler, or whatever.
I think it's crazy to question his character of this one incident, but it is what it is. Haters are gonna hate.

The way he acted in the house made me absolutely forget about this ...he's a really good guy but that move and no offense he kinda looks like a jerk got a lot of people against him right off the bat.He's clearly a great guy and people need to let that feeble shit go.I'm not really a fan or anything but i'll be rooting for him in the future he ended up being a class act and one tough sob.

There is no excuse for the phantom glove touch. Ever. If you don't want to touch gloves say so up front. No big deal.

There is no excuse for the phantom glove touch. Ever. If you don't want to touch gloves say so up front. No big deal.

Ironically I am watching the Koscheck vs. Pierce fight and Pierce came out with his hand up to touch gloves and Kos didn't touch rather circled to the side a bit until Pierce had his hand down. That's probably the way to do it if the other guy wants to touch and you don't.

He's in the Army tough guy, hire a fact checker.

who, have even less respect and honor. There are signs all over the base I work at stating "HONOR" "RESPECT" etc.. That base is the biggest collection of sleezebags piece of shit vandalizing rapists I've ever seen in my life. And when they leave the base they assault everyone in their affliction shirts. And they are Signal Corps and supposed to be a little classier/smarter... pssshhh yeah ok.

Last edited:
Above all else,the thing that irritated me about Smith was the big

"BRO, YOU DONT WANNA FIGHT ME ON THE STREETS BRO, YOU'RE SAFE IN THE CAGE!"

Shit he gave to Araujo.

Colton. You can't throw a punch. All you can do, and you have proven this, is grapple guys. Nobody for one minute believes that you're some Wanderlei-Silva-PRIDE-Era berzerker wrecking machine in a car-park.

The whole season of TUF just sucked. Colton was just the cherry on top.

I think Paul Kelly did that versus Cerrone as well. Cerrone ended up finishing him, but I still felt it was an asshole move.

The worst part of that, was Kelly barging in on Cerrone's interview backstage to apologise saying "I just thought we were gonna bang" or something.

Well dont touch gloves then, say no and bang.

Never liked Paul Kelly.

Thanks.

Kinda expected it to be worse from the reactions, but it was still cheap.

This. Its cheap, but I swore the way people were calling this a cheap shot and being all over the top about it would be worse. Thought he was clocked or something.

MMA fans are way to over the top with things.

Colton has been saying this for months. Every time I brought up his side of what happened, everybody dismissed it and just continued to hate on him.
Some people don't like him because he is vocal about his military service, others don't like him because he is a wrestler, or whatever.
I think it's crazy to question his character of this one incident, but it is what it is. Haters are gonna hate.

He's hated with good reason, I don't understand how you can defend him on this. This incident shows PLENTY about his character. Whether you respect him for his ability to follow orders in the military is irrelevant. The fact that you can't see this shows just how biased you are in the other direction.

Anyways, once this fight ended, I immediately recalled when Kos LnP'd Daley to coach vs GSP on the ultimate fighter. When the stakes are high, I guess winning > everything else. I really hope they add a regulation that penalizes fighters for dirty moves such as this.

Fuck sportsmanship in a fight, as long as it's legal then there's no reason anyone should have any problem with it.

My preferred reaction to a glove touch attempt:

diaz-glove-touch-o.gif

Back