*A reminder for those saying Nate - McGregor winner will fight for LW title*

5. Nate is not even a gatekeeper as LW. I like him, although i'm much more of a Nick fan, but for him, RDA's injury was a blessing.

Nate is basically the definition of a gatekeeper at LW. Steadily right around #5 ranked. If you can beat him, you have a shot to win the title, if you can't beat him, you don't have a shot to win the title. That's exactly what a gatekeeper is.

If McGregor wins and then beats Aldo, then he may challenge for the 155 belt.

I'm not sure Nate is even interested, I think he's adopted the big fight only mentality his brother has.

3. RDA demolished, dominated, schooled Nate as i've seen few times on MMA. If that fight was in jail, RDA could've raped Nate if he wanted.
You must be quite new to mma. Dos Anjos wasn't even close to finishing Nate and never even badly hurt him.
In reality there have been truly vicious beatdowns like Arona vs Saku, Shogun vs Rampage, Enson vs Igor, etc.

Conor vs. Diaz should really count as a LW fight (which is the weight it was supposed to be at in the first place). That fight meant nothing at WW for either fighter. Counting that as a LW fight, Diaz has WON 3 of his last 5 LW fights.

Diaz fought a FW in that fight. So no, it doesn't count as a LW fight. Diaz has been smoked by the last three good guys in the LW division he fought.

Just beat up and dominated. He had Nothing for them.

Can I spell this out for you, since reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit?

I said Number 3 - pertaining to specifically this fight. This single fight was an anomaly.

He lost to Bendo and The Punk without those things all necessarily in play and I never disputed that.

So WTF are YOU talking about?

You obviously don't know what anomaly means. Of course not, you're a Diaz fan!

1. The nate diaz that fought MJ though... adjusted to leg kicks, maintained an intelligent range, jab and straight left were accurate as hell.

Shh... don't waste your time analysing or going into detail about technique. MMAth bro!!!1!!1!1!

Diaz fought a FW in that fight.

Conor was moving up to LW in that fight. So now Conor is always a FW? Why?

So no, it doesn't count as a LW fight. Diaz has been smoked by the last three good guys in the LW division he fought.

Just beat up and dominated. He had Nothing for them.

The Conor fight definitely counts as a LW fight over any other division. Neither guy actually fights at WW anymore and it was only at WW due to being on short notice. Conor beating Nate in that fight would only give him some credit in the LW division, NOT WW.

Nate schooled Conor, beat up MJ in a lopsided fight, and knocked out Gray Maynard. 3 fights out of his last 5.

3. RDA demolished, dominated, schooled Nate as i've seen few times on MMA. If that fight was in jail, RDA could've raped Nate if he wanted.
He didn't even finish him. It was a very one-sided decision, that's it. Nate by definition did better than Cowboy or Bendo.
5. Nate is not even a gatekeeper as LW. I like him, although i'm much more of a Nick fan, but for him, RDA's injury was a blessing.
Ranked #4.

giphy.gif

A reminder for those saying the Conor X Nate winner won't get the next 155 shot...

raw

Neither guy actually fights at WW anymore and it was only at WW due to being on short notice.

Except the rematch is also at WW, and not on short notice. But Connor is still a blown up FW. CMG had never fought above FW in the UFC until the Nate fight.

Nate schooled Conor, beat up MJ in a lopsided fight, and knocked out Gray Maynard. 3 fights out of his last 5.

So Nate beat a FW with no ground game, a LW who is basically a 0.500 UFC fighter coming off a loss to a guy who was then beat by Chiesa, and Maynard who hasn't been able to beat anyone of note in the past 5+ years.

Yep, ol' Nate ran the gauntlet through that murderer's row!

Except the rematch is also at WW, and not on short notice.

Do you know why that is? Conor demanded it because he doesn't think he can redeem the loss unless it is at the same weight. You and all Sherdoggers know that this fight is not a real WW fight, it means exactly nothing at WW. The results of the match does nothing for either fighter at WW. So trying to pretend that it is a real WW fight is stupid. The original fight was supposed to be at LW and the rematch should also be at LW. It's at WW because Conor desperately wants redemption. When Nate beat Conor he beat a guy trying to get a title shot at LW. It was with all intents and purposes a LW fight. The rematch is the exact same thing, Conor wants a LW title shot.

But Connor is still a blown up FW. CMG had never fought above FW in the UFC until the Nate fight.

Who is Connor? His name is Conor. I already know that Conor had been at FW until the Nate fight. So what? He was still taking a fight in the LW division.

a LW who is basically a 0.500 UFC fighter coming off a loss to a guy who was then beat by Chiesa,

Uh, Nate was coming off of a win over Michael Johnson

Yep, ol' Nate ran the gauntlet through that murderer's row!

Never said anything like that. Just correcting bad information. He has 3 LW wins in his last 5 fights. Those are the facts.

Uh, Nate was coming off of a win over Michael Johnson.

The near 0.500 UFC fighter coming off a loss to a guy who then lost to Chiesa IS Michael Johnson!

Try and keep up.

He has 3 LW wins in his last 5 fights. Those are the facts.

No, check the facts. Nate's win over CMG is at WW. If Nate had to cut to LW things could have been different. Probably not, but you can't discount the possibility.

Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 LW fights. That is the fact.

Nate is a ham 'n egger, no matter how often he beats a FW with no ground game.

You realize Jon can't even defend his belt? Silva fought lhw but never ran for the belt. Gsp wanted no part of Silva or mw. McGregor jumped 2 divisions.
So what does that prove??That he is a big headed fool who believes his own hype.Remind us,how did he get on??

No, check the facts. Nate's win over CMG is at WW.

Absolutely no one considers this a WW fight but you. It has nothing at all to do with the WW division. But if you believe that Nate has 3 wins out of his last five, two being at LW and one being at WW then go ahead and say that. It's actually a compliment to Nate. But of course Conor isn't a WW and I don't believe ever will be since he so far isn't doing well at LW.

Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 LW fights. That is the fact.

Don't discount his win at WW as you claimed, haha.

Back