A refutation of Trump vs. the GOP

Trump got 12% of the black vote, 32% hispanics, 30% jews...... who did I leave out? Salty cunt suburban females, whoever thought it was a good idea to give women voting rights........<{hughesimpress}>

@panamaican had Trump stepped down and let a more conventional Republican nominee take his place, do you think they would have done better or worse in this election?

Trump got 12% of the black vote, 32% hispanics, 30% jews...... who did I leave out? Salty cunt suburban females, whoever thought it was a good idea to give women voting rights........<{hughesimpress}>

<{ByeHomer}>

But how does this effect lower/middle class. Thats my bottom line.

Umm ur power going out. Your dollar being worthless when the world changes reserve currency. Literally everything

Wasn’t the USA doing the best we had in decades up until covid? I remember record low unemployment and working with other leaders to forge peace. I remember constant attacks on Trump from day 1 that never let up but he still did some great stuff.

Then covid happened and he gets blamed for the lockdown and the skyrocketing debt of the stimulus...... what the fuck am I seeing? Trumps biggest mistake was allowing the narrative to be covid vs outlining everything he accomplished

"Govern as poorly as possible" - He wasn't as bad as George Bush, he wasn't even as vicious as Reagan when it comes to foreign policy. The GOP has been disgusting long before Trump, for at least 40 years, this has been the centerpiece of the party strategy:

Trump as a Republican president has killed less people than any other Republican president since Vietnam. The party is awful and you are a genuine piece of shit for being a part of it.

I've heard this audio before. I won't speak to the personal attack but this is spot on. Trump is awful but his awfulness didn't appear out of nowhere, he has a somewhat unique habit of saying the quiet part out loud. The GOP is filthy. I've seen arguments over the terms "states rights" and "dog whistles", this audio alone ends every one of those arguments.

That is the direction we were moving in prior to Trump.

When I was more active in the party, minority, LGTBQ, etc. outreach was a big internal talking point. Broadening the base in response to the obvious demographic data. I expect the effort to redouble now that he's gone.
I may be off base here, as I’m in Hawaii and kind of out of touch with mainland stuff, but do you think the BLM/defund the police stuff turns off most other minority groups? Obviously not as big of a turn off as Trump, but I think it really only appeals to black voters and really far left white progressives. Out here the general reaction is you all are crazy as hell. And we’re a very liberal state obviously.
Hopefully you’re Canadian.
he’s British and lives in Asia.

I don't follow politics much, but I do know I was paying a lot less in gas during Trump's reign vs Obama's. And during the time i've been alive The Donald is the only guy that's cut me a check.

Nobody else has done shit for my wallet.

My big fault with Trump was his Spending approval, but the Democrats and Establishment Republicans are just as damn bad.

He did a whole lot right policy wise.

Idk, that’s a funny way of saying “Biden (if he wins) had no coat tails.”

The House and Senate GOP didn’t really offer voters a stark choice between the President and the GOP policies. They were more likely enablers.

I guess you plan on dying alone?

Trump is going to lose the election. However, the GOP isn't losing the Senate and might actually pick up seats in the House.

Is it fair to see this as a denouncement of Trump's specific approach to governing and not of conservative political ideology itself?

Personally, that's what I want to believe. I've spent the last 4 years watching Trump govern as poorly as possible while somehow having his behavior praised loudly. My biggest concern was that Trump's incompetence and other, ahem, flaws would horribly set back the GOP for years to come. If the GOP maintains its positions in Congress while Trump gets voted out of office, I think it firmly establishes just how bad a President he was. Moreover, it should, but won't, reaffirm that the Trumpists were cheering poor behavior, not good governing.

No COVID = biggest landslide in history for Trump.

Can’t wait to see what Biden does or if the disease suddenly goes away.

Republicans are going to stand by and stand back then redouble their efforts and organize themselves behind a more charismatic and intelligent fascist since it demonstrability worked so well for them with this total jerk idiot.

Tom Cotton

Has military experience too and connections

Dan Crenshaw in the coming years will be good. He has that Trump media personality without all the crazy.

Nah. All things considered, Trump still did very well and got an extremely good turnout. Not much of a refutation or denouncement. He just lost an extremely contentious popularity contest with the deck stacked against him, amidst a pandemic that fucked his whole term up. Not much to make the GOP go back to their old ways, which saw them on death's door before Trump came along.

Trumpservatsm is here to stay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another Trump up there in 2024. The only reason the GOP isn't dead and buried is because of Trump. The GOP is not just gonna turn around and ignore that.
in what sense? Fake populists like Josh Hawley or more of a rogue shit talker? I don't really see anyone out there I can really compare him to.

Who has his charisma, personality and fame, but has those views? Who with those views, has a cult of personality that people will gravitate towards?

Trump is unique.

We'll go back to 2016...GOP never wanted Trump if it was up to them...their base wanted Trump...they felt like only Trump was the only candidate to beat Hillary...it kinda work but it still wasn't the GOPs interest...

Back