1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by MustangCobraSVT, May 22, 2014.

1. MustangCobraSVT

MustangCobraSVT Green Belt

Can anyone vouch for this game? My friend and I usually spend some time on Diablo 3 put lately we are looking for something new to play. I am usually turned off by monthly subscriptions so I am looking for anyone that has an opinion on the game? Is it worth it or would it be a better route to track down a f2p game.

2. S3VERE

S3VERE Purple Belt

This is my first MMO and I'm addicted.

3. Punchmaster

Punchmaster Banned Banned

All the cooldowns make combat feel really slow.

4. Scarzi

Scarzi Blue Belt

I wouldn't recommend it but its not terrible. It has a lot of FF nostalgia from previous games unlike the crappy FFs they release as of late. I enjoyed leveling my first class but when you run out of quests and have to level others, it becomes a mindless grind. Its not worth the subscription.

I would honestly wait until Wildstar comes out in a couple weeks or give Star Trek Online a try. Im not a Star Trek fan but it has some of the best space combat and is fun to co-op and its free to play. If you like the fantasy setting try Tera, Dragons Nest or World of Warcraft.

5. Hez

Hez Banned Banned

I got the game, paid for a month and put it down. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like soloing alot. I was a huge fan of FFXI but this realm reborn was total shit. In FFXI after level 10/12 it would be all team play and team work which I enjoyed and Realm REborn you can just level to the highest by yourself which I do not like. To each his own I guess

6. MardyBum

MardyBum It's Not Easy Being Drunk All The Time.

Or you can just run dungeons through the duty finder, which gives the best exp possible. That doesn't include FATE parties later on in Coerthas and other places.

And lets be honest, before level sync you'd spend 3 hours in Jeuno seeking a party if you didn't have a linkshell of friends the same level who wanted to party.

7. Scarzi

Scarzi Blue Belt

I still remember the plague of "Realm is full. Please try again later" and everyone left the game running instead of logging out in fear of not being able to log in again for 2 days because they never had an AFK boot programming in place. Had to be the worst launch possible.

8. SeefourDC

SeefourDC Green Belt

I have a max level character thats fairly geared out... just missing the top end raid gear from this most recent tier cause I stopped. It's a pretty standard MMO that's VERY GRINDY. More oldschool like Everquest as compared to some of the more modern less time required per week MMO's. If you want to be geared at top end you have to game a lot every week.

9. MustangCobraSVT

MustangCobraSVT Green Belt

Played it, love it. Been spending some time fishing and making pot. Pretty sweet game and I usually do not like MMOs. Appreciate all the advice.

10. markulous

markulous Black Belt

Wow, that's pretty bad.

11. Barge

Barge Brown Belt

Nah its slow and boring and repetitive, dont bother.

12. Gfreak

Gfreak Purple Belt

Played it at launch for about a month and a half. Beat everything possible (without dedicating to a hardcore raiding guild) and got my relic +1 wep. Fucking loved this game, but it's not for everyone. Definitely a bit slower in combat, and leveling.