A really dumb hockey question

It's all arbitrary feel good nonsense

Yeah, which is why i didnt like him going to Colorado.
Every team needs that antagonist guy. Boston has Marchand and the Leafs had Kadri.

The only different is Marchand plays ON the line while Kadri skates over it ALL THE TIME.

numerous players could be called dirty.
but Chara is my first choice for scumbag on the ice

I didn't think that play was bad then and still don't today. The pole was just there. I thought that in general, Chara's been ok through his career. Pretty much every pro has a play of them doing something dirty out there

I lol and forget that lil Scott Gomez tried to do the little engine that could and face up to Z though.

Look how old the clips are. Outside of Marchand sweeping guys and licking them.... what bad shit have the modern teams done that’s somehow worse than the rest of the league?

Oh yeah, fooking nuttin’. Time to be as dirty as people say they are I say

Brad Marchand is a absolute scumbag. Hits from behind and attacking the knees are not cool and he's been doing it his whole career.

I remember fondly the days of the enforcers.

Your opinion of Scott Stevens? I liked him even though he played for the Devils. Wasn't crazy talented but played hard and hit hard. I didn't think he was dirty per se, but he had a habit of delivering hits that were unnecessary. The ones where it's "yes the guy can be hit, but he's pretty vulnerable" type of hit and professionals try to shy away from during the 82 game season because everyone wants to just get paid.

Your opinion of Scott Stevens? I liked him even though he played for the Devils. Wasn't crazy talented but played hard and hit hard. I didn't think he was dirty per se, but he had a habit of delivering hits that were unnecessary. The ones where it's "yes the guy can be hit, but he's pretty vulnerable" type of hit and professionals try to shy away from during the 82 game season because everyone wants to just get paid.
I loved watching him play till he played the Bruins. I love that style of play.

the weird thing is minus the Lindros hit a good chunk of his hits are still legal today is my understanding

I loved watching him play till he played the Bruins. I love that style of play.

the weird thing is minus the Lindros hit a good chunk of his hits are still legal today is my understanding

They're almost all legal. He had a knack of timing. Yes there's the odd hit to the head but I don't remember him specifically targeting the head on anyone. It's a fast moving sport, so I accept incidental head contact as long as it's not a blind side hit (nothing blind side is accetabl;e IMO anyways).

The Lindros hit was legal too I thought apart from potentially a sneaky elbow. Stevens' arm is still tight into his body and Lindros dropped his head. It's a Lindros thing and I think a symptom of him being the biggest player in all his leagues going into the NHL. He didn't have to keep his head up as much because since he was almost always the bigger player, most players just bounce off him.

Even the Kariya one. Was it late? Possibly but it's close enough to being legal. The issue with the hit was whether it was necessary. Yeah, it was a playoff game but come on. In general, the unwritten rule among pros is that you don't do anything that takes away a guy's ability to make a living

They're almost all legal. He had a knack of timing. Yes there's the odd hit to the head but I don't remember him specifically targeting the head on anyone. It's a fast moving sport, so I accept incidental head contact as long as it's not a blind side hit (nothing blind side is accetabl;e IMO anyways).

The Lindros hit was legal too I thought apart from potentially a sneaky elbow. Stevens' arm is still tight into his body and Lindros dropped his head. It's a Lindros thing and I think a symptom of him being the biggest player in all his leagues going into the NHL. He didn't have to keep his head up as much because since he was almost always the bigger player, most players just bounce off him.

Even the Kariya one. Was it late? Possibly but it's close enough to being legal. The issue with the hit was whether it was necessary. Yeah, it was a playoff game but come on. In general, the unwritten rule among pros is that you don't do anything that takes away a guy's ability to make a living
The Kariya one feels late but the most egregious was that one on Horton in the Stanley Cup finals.

Also, stuff like this is why I love hockey:

The Kariya one feels late but the most egregious was that one on Horton in the Stanley Cup finals.

Also, stuff like this is why I love hockey:

Just relooked at the Rome-Horton hit. That was way worse.

The puck was probably gone a bit longer but the biggest difference was he stepped into him. From what I can see of the Stevens hit, he didn't really deviate.

Horton was never the same after that one

Just relooked at the Rome-Horton hit. That was way worse.

The puck was probably gone a bit longer but the biggest difference was he stepped into him. From what I can see of the Stevens hit, he didn't really deviate.

Horton was never the same after that one
Rome never was either. It ended Horton’s career but Rome EVERYONE took cheap shots at him after that and the refs let them.

Back