A question to all the grappling gurus here..

Lol...I just posted that right as u answered... Thanks anywayz dude......But it's not that practicle though, getting that leg trapped isn't a sure thing, but that bodytriangle sure is

thats not true, while you may not get the submission you likely will get him to break the triangle

Have you used this on a purple or better?
I just have trouble thinking it will work on anyone with some mat time.

Yes, It works for me especially when I put all my weight on them and bridge, the lower their legs get on my body the easier it is, plus if you have all your weight on them, it makes it hard to finish a choke.

Yes, It works for me especially when I put all my weight on them and bridge, the lower their legs get on my body the easier it is, plus if you have all your weight on them, it makes it hard to finish a choke.

LOL, that makes sense, you saying to put your elbow in is the least thing in that escape, but when you were saying it before, it seemed that was the big "key" to escaping. That Is the only way to escape, to put weight on the leg and bridge. You made it seem like you could do this with a dude on your back in any postion, which led to me really thinking you were full of shit. Now I see the elbow is just icing, not the cake, in your description.

Where do you train? ( I am from NC and notice quite a few people here are as well).

By chance do you train with Greg and Brian at the ROC or with any of their combatives groups?

LoL at white belts trying to give advice on how to avoid the body triangle... terrible advice overall.. simply awful.

A lot of guys will "grapevine" their leg under your knee, the same way Cesar is showing, just to have more control and prevent your leg going over...

thats not true, while you may not get the submission you likely will get him to break the triangle

I think he means that if someone gets your back and can control you enough to then get a tight body triangle, your most likely out matched, and they will probably just unhook the Body lock and go to mount.

LoL at white belts trying to give advice on how to avoid the body triangle... terrible advice overall.. simply awful.

Man if sherdog belts meant shit in actual grappling, U would probably tap Josh Barnett ( he posts here U know, and probably has alot fewer then urs)....

Anywayz so how do U get out of them?....... I wonder if getting up and dropping on his locked foot would work...Taktarov style, (it works against regular triangles)..

I think he means that if someone gets your back and can control you enough to then get a tight body triangle, your most likely out matched, and they will probably just unhook the Body lock and go to mount.

so what, you're out of the triangle and thats whats important. i don't see what being outmatched has to do with anything. i've had white belts make me break my body triangle with this defense; they might not tap me out or escape back control, but i don't believe that was the question here

Man if sherdog belts meant shit in actual grappling, U would probably tap Josh Barnett ( he posts here U know, and probably has alot fewer then urs)....

not really, a redbelt would just make him incredibly old, lol

I'm not talking about sherdog white belts, I'm talking about bjj white belts.

The footlock is a decent counter, but doesn't work on everybody. You need to get low and turn in, or create some space and beat the lock. Depends on who has your back. Sometimes you need to force picking a side so that their lock is in the air and then work from there. I'm reading a lot on using your hands to help push or help attack, which makes it very dangerous for your neck, you lose a limb to protect yourself. You need to be able to protect yourself at all times or else you're done. This is one of the most difficult positions to escape.

I agree that that footlock isn't reliable. However, I have great success with putting that side down (as Ceasar demonstated) and then swimming my leg to the outside behind the foot. This puts you in a version of backmount with ankles crossed. There are a couple of ways to work your legs to get the tap, but good opponents will unlock immediately. The only ones not threatened by this attack have enough space in their body triangle that you can just turn around. Really good opponents unlock as soon as you put them on the side.

Back