A primarily stand-up MMA fighter vs a boxer/kickboxer

A boxing stance only works in boxing. You would get your lead leg kicked off to the 8th row if you stand like that infront of someone who can kick. The single leg is also there all day every day.

Vitali did Kickboxing in case you are not aware.

I really don't get what this fascination with jds fighting klitschko is all about.

I mean it's fun to talk about, but jds would literally have nothing for klitschko. he wouldn't even be able to spar with him without klitschko treating him like a complete beginner (because that's what he is.. he has 0 boxing fights and his striking is sloppy and not particularly powerful)

is that even a thread

if youre letting the mma fighters get takedowns yeah jds would destroy klitschko

It doesn't make boxing a harder sport.

This is the same for all martial arts. How many MMA guys without a wrestling background would win a wrestling Olympic gold medal? How many without a BJJ background could become BJJ world champion?

Of course it would be easier (but not easy) for a boxer to go to MAA then the other way around. He would already be great at one part of MMA before starting the sport.

Except most champs in MMA aren't Olympic Gold Medalists or BJJ World Champions.

In an MMA match, they would win.

In a Kickboxing match, the kickboxer usually would win.

In a boxing match, the boxer would win.

Go figure?

Klitschko would make jds' face look like a hot air balloon on the feet. I don't know if jds can take him down. klitschko is a big man.

In an MMA fight JDS would win for sure if he fought smart. Just take klitschko down, if he kept it standing he would lose.

I pick Dominick Cruz to beat any man that can make 135 pounds. A boxer, a kickboxer, a dancer, whatever.

Sometimes it goes like Quinton Jackson vs. Cyril Abidi... other times it goes like JLB vs. Frye.

No one untrained in the art will be able to continually stuff takedowns.

The MMA fighter would win the MMA bout (MMA rules), the Striker would win the striking bout (kickboxing rules).

If he can keep it standing theres no chance for any current ufc hw.

Hes ko'n giant men with boxing padded gloves. If he hits them with ufc gloves on, its brain damage. Plus his speed is too much.

1.gif

Wladimir_Klitschko_vs._Alex_Leapai.gif

In real time this is an incredibly fast short hook.
fam21rxttgle8bibrv0t.gif

If JDS gets a takedown then its probably all over.
Wlad is an Expert fighter though, his movement knowing hes facing someone who can grapple ..would be tricky enough for him to KO 99% of MMA heavyweights imo.

If he can keep it standing theres no chance for any current ufc hw.

Hes ko'n giant men with boxing padded gloves. If he hits them with ufc gloves on, its brain damage. Plus his speed is too much.

1.gif

Wladimir_Klitschko_vs._Alex_Leapai.gif

In real time this is an incredibly fast short hook.
fam21rxttgle8bibrv0t.gif

If JDS gets a takedown then its probably all over.
Wlad is an Expert fighter though, his movement knowing hes facing someone who can grapple ..would be tricky enough for him to KO 99% of MMA heavyweights imo.

Agreed, and nice post. That left hook was extremely fast and you can tell because the ref took forever to notice the guy going down. Wlad was able to knock him senseless with that leaping left hook and shove him away before the ref even realized. :icon_lol: I haven't missed a Klitschko fight since his brother Vitali fought Lewis.

As for JDS, he doesn't shoot for takedowns (singles and doubles) from the distance and the only takedowns I've seen from him are from inside the clinch. That isn't good because against Wlad he'd have to get past his 81" reach and then avoid getting knocked out with uppercuts and short hooks inside clinch range. JDS also isn't much of a kicker, despite that wheel kick that dropped Hunt. He's a pretty one-dimensional striker in the first place.

Wladimir is very athletic. A lot of his opponents that fought and lost to him have talked about it to the media. He's a lot faster than they thought he'd be. He's a lot stronger than they thought he'd be. I would've liked to see him try out kickboxing like his bro did (and Vitali did well).

Lol. So basically youre saying you would see Wlad as a favourite against JDS in MMA fight.

Yep. When you read why that is, it'll make sense. I explained this already. Another thing to keep in mind too. Junior has wanted to fight Wlad for a long time. If they ever did fight he'd definitely want to feel him out first (try to outbox him), and that would be his downfall.

Yep. When you read why that is, it'll make sense. I explained this already. Another thing to keep in mind too. Junior has wanted to fight Wlad for a long time. If they ever did fight he'd definitely want to feel him out first (try to outbox him), and that would be his downfall.

No, it doesnt make sense that the best HW boxer would beat an elite HW MMA fighter in a MMA fight. And there is a zero credible reason to believe JDS would try to outbox Klitsko in MMA fight, that would be incredibly stupid thing to do.

But everyone has right to have their own opinion. JDS would be a huge favourite against Klitsko in MMA fight, but everything is possible ofc.

Back