A possible explanation for mass shootings and terror attacks

this shit has been happening for hundreds of years. its not new just because Facebook became popular 8 years ago

Wait. I thought there has been a huge rise in domestic terrorists like white Supremacists

There has been, but it's been post-Trump. That graph only goes until 2013.

TS's first sentence stated that the "exponential growth" in terrorist attacks has taken place in the last 20 years. The data for both the US and Europe show that to be patently untrue.

Doesn't matter though. We've been living in a post-fact era for a while. Feels are the only things that matter.

If we look at the last 20 years, we have seen a exponential growth in both terror attacks and mass shootings. The accepted narrative is that this is happenstance.

What if it isn't happenstance?

I present to you an alternative theory, based on history.

This is Operation Gladio........

Italy

It was Judge Felice Casson who first dredged up the evidence for state sponsored terrorism, while browsing the archives of the Italian military secret service.232 In a BBC documentary on Operation Gladio, Casson described the operations as an effort...

“to create tension within the country to promote conservative, reactionary social and political tendencies. While this strategy was being implemented, it was necessary to protect those behind it because evidence implicating them was being discovered. Witnesses withheld information to cover right-wing extremists.”233

Casson points to a 1972 car bombing in Peteano that killed three paramilitary police and was blamed on leftists, after which 200 Communists were immediately arrested. He found that there were no police investigations of the scene, and the official report was a forgery.234 In fact, it was perpetrated by a right-wing terrorist named Vincenzo Vinciguerra,235 operating under Gladio orders, who later confessed to the crime.

Vinciguerra's testimony reveals that it was easy to escape and remain hidden because everyone in the Italian security apparatus shared his anti-Communist convictions.236His testimony further revealed “a secret organisation, a super-organisation with a network of communications, arms, and explosives, and men trained to use them.”237Years later, in prison, he would claim “I say that every single outrage that followed from 1969 fitted into a single organised matrix.”238 Nearly 2,000 people would die from political murder or acts of terrorism over this period of time.

When ex-Prime Minister Andreotti finally testified in 1990, he revealed that arms and equipment were provided by the CIA and placed in 139 underground caches across the country. General Giandelio Maletti, a former head of Italian counterintelligence, in March 2001 confirmed the CIA involvement. He stated that after the Piazza Fontana bombing in 1969, pieces of a bomb were planted in a leftist editors villa in order to blame the communists. He stated:

"The CIA, following the directives of its government, wanted to create an Italian nationalism capable of halting what it saw as a slide to the left, and, for this purpose, it may have made use of right-wing terrorism.”239

Image_084.png

232 Judge Felice Casson's Wikipedia article

233 Operation Gladio, a 1992 BBC production, watch it here.

234 Historian Daniel Ganser, eminent Gladio researcher, in his book NATO's Secret Armies, page 3, available in PDF here. Ganser is the eminent authority on Operation Gladio and has done tremendous work in synthesizing the various evidence from nearly a dozen different languages into one source. This book is a must-read to gain a full understanding of Operation Gladio.

235 Vincenzo Vinciguerra's Wikipedia article

236 Daniel Ganser, in a paper published in the Whitehead Journal of Diplomacy and International Relations, page 72, available in PDF here.

237 Ibid.

238 Ganser's NATO's Secret Armies, page 8.

239 Ganser's Whitehead Journal of Diplomacy and International Relations, page 73

Now, let me be clear. I am not saying that every mass shooting and terror attack, is a intelligence operation, but if even 1 of them is, having this discussion becomes crucial.

Terror attacks, and mass shootings are horrible events. The one thing that could make them far worse is if they were psycological warfare conducted by a intelligence network.

Nor am I accusing Obama, or Trump, or Bush, or even the CIA(although they would be a top suspect), of being behind these kinds of operations.

I am simply asking people to consider the possibility that some of these events are conspiracies with a purpose.

That this has happened before.

Discuss.......

you dont need any of this to explain mass shootings and terror.

1. shootings and terror arent really that new. "anarchists" and all kinds of people used to shoot and blow up cities in the USA for the first half of the 20th.

2. its AMAZING to me that we do not have MORE shootings. we're actually incredibly civil, as a people. what do the cameras do when crazy naked sports fans run out onto the field? they turn the camera. they could blur it, but they completely turn away. why? so that they do not get attention, and inspire copy-cats. same concept for me with shootings and terror. social media, and mass media in general, makes these people heroes to a small percentage of the population.

a conspiracy is not needed to explain it.

For me to believe this I must first believe the "government" is competent enough to enact and follow a plan across administrations......Therefore I do not believe this.

and would that many people keep such a secret?

COULD they keep such a secret, in a time period where someone like snowden can walk out with a flash drive of the entire operation?

probably not and probably not

Well, besides possible 'global warming', I believe there are a few factors that have made some people somewhat more violent over the last few years:

but people arent more violent.

by a fairly wide margin, the USA, and the world as a whole, are easily arguable as one of the more peaceful time periods ever. mass media covers nearly ever incident of violence, so it makes it appear as though we're more violent.

the style of violence has changed too. so there may very well be more mass shootings and terror, but we seem to have fewer serial killers for example.

IRA. Take them out and probably would look incredibly different

lol, but thats a pretty important thing to take out, no? do they not matter or something?

hey, take ISIS out of the equation and there isnt much terrorism today lol.

but people arent more violent. by a fairly wide margin, the USA, and the world as a whole, are easily arguable as one of the more peaceful time periods ever. mass media covers nearly ever incident of violence, so it makes it appear as though we're more violent. the style of violence has changed too. so there may very well be more mass shootings and terror, but we seem to have fewer serial killers for example.

Not people as a whole, but individuals. School shootings, movie shootings, hotel shootings, police shootings, black-on-black shootings, etc. Also, road rage, increased numbers in white supremacy groups, and racial tensions (i.e. BLM movement and the removal of confederate monuments and flag). 'Peaceful time period'? Have you noticed all the hate coming from the non-Trump camp. The kind of hate and anger never before seen under any U.S. president. Serial killers don't come even close to the crime rate in large cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, and Detroit. Not quite in the same category, but 23 veterans a day die by their own hands.

Not people as a whole, but individuals.

uhhhhhhh. what? do individuals not make up the whole?

'Peaceful time period'? Have you noticed all the hate coming from the non-Trump camp. The kind of hate and anger never before seen under any U.S. president.

awwwwww is he a victim?

you do realize there are presidents who have been shot, and several others shot at? i mean shit lol, the SOUTH seceded when lincoln was elected...9 or so states anyway. in 1968 alone there were 2-3 national leaders killed.

Serial killers don't come even close to the crime rate in large cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, and Detroit. Not quite in the same category, but 23 veterans a day die by their own hands.

yea, overall crime rates, large cities or no, are mostly pretty low right now, historically speaking.

i was comparing serial killers to the more dramatic crimes of the day. so yea, we have more mass shooters today that make the news, but damn, whens the last time we've seen a john wayne gacey? hh holmes?

Terror attacks: inbreeding and theology

Mass shootings: antidepressants

i dont understand why theres always a conspiracy or some weird variable people attribute to shooters. there are F'ing 7.5 BILLION people on earth. is it really that difficult to imagine that some might shoot up a bunch of people occasionally?

I'm
i dont understand why theres always a conspiracy or some weird variable people attribute to shooters. there are F'ing 7.5 BILLION people on earth. is it really that difficult to imagine that some might shoot up a bunch of people occasionally?

It's not a conspiracy. The main connection of all recent mass shootings in America have been antidepressant use.

Antidepressants change the chemistry of the brain and make people violent who otherwise wouldn't be. Have you ever read the warning label on your Prozac?

i was comparing serial killers to the more dramatic crimes of the day. so yea, we have more mass shooters today that make the news, but damn, whens the last time we've seen a john wayne gacey?

Well, outside the United States, Mao Zedong killed 78 million Chinese during the Cultural Revolution from 1966 to 1976. His own people. Not an enemy or a war. The Chinese consider him a 'hero'. Go figure.

I'm

It's not a conspiracy. The main connection of all recent mass shootings in America have been antidepressant use.

Antidepressants change the chemistry of the brain and make people violent who otherwise wouldn't be. Have you ever read the warning label on your Prozac?

correlation may not equal causation.

do you realize how many people are on those drugs? how many end up shooting people? 0.000003%?

i didnt claim that this was a conspiracy. this was the "odd variable" i was talking about, when i dont think one is really needed to explain shooters. considering how many humans and guns there are around, its F'ing AMAZING that shootings dont happen more often than they do, imo.

Well, outside the United States, Mao Zedong killed 78 million Chinese during the Cultural Revolution from 1966 to 1976. His own people. Not an enemy or a war. The Chinese consider him a 'hero'. Go figure.

lol what?????????

what does this have to do with anything that i said?

and im not attempting to claim mao was a good guy by any stretch, but most people always exaggerate what he did. his murder numbers always include the millions he accidentally killed through incompetence lol. famine etc. thats not the same as throwing people in a gulag like stalin did.

what does this have to do with anything that i said? and im not attempting to claim mao was a good guy by any stretch, but most people always exaggerate what he did. thats not the same as throwing people in a gulag like stalin did.

Well, we are talking about mass murderers. Stalin only hit the 20 million mark, and a bit off the subject, but we Americans have committed plenty of murder in war. War crimes to be exact. WWII: Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. Military targets. :) More like thousands of innocent men, women and children.

...but going back to the original thread.
"The CIA, following the directives of its government, wanted to create an Italian nationalism capable of halting what it saw as a slide to the left, and, for this purpose, it may have made use of right-wing terrorism.”

That would be true of all military dictatorships in Latin America during the 1960s. That was back in the Cold War days.

Now I do see Obama helping to create racial tension during his last year in office. His reaction to a black shooting was much different from a white shooting (or beheading). That alone sparked outrage in the white community. The man himself is an 'anomaly'. He is not white nor black. He is 50% each, but raised himself, and considers himself, black. The same can be said of Meghan Markle.

There has been, but it's been post-Trump. That graph only goes until 2013.

TS's first sentence stated that the "exponential growth" in terrorist attacks has taken place in the last 20 years. The data for both the US and Europe show that to be patently untrue.

Doesn't matter though. We've been living in a post-fact era for a while. Feels are the only things that matter.

Do you want clarification on what I meant, or just to play stupid gotcha games?

Back