A possible explanation for mass shootings and terror attacks

I'm not European.

It's a similar story for the US though. 9/11 is a giant outlier

START-Infographic-8-2-Terrorism-in-the-US-Attacks-and-Average-Lethality-1970-2013.png

PS: Nothing more beta than to ignore evidence

Wait. I thought there has been a huge rise in domestic terrorists like white Supremacists

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

jesus fucking christ viva

you are, deep down, a scumbag

For me to believe this I must first believe the "government" is competent enough to enact and follow a plan across administrations......Therefore I do not believe this.

....or, we have social media and news for profit organizations and shootings and attacks are more frequently reported.

Of course all mass shootings are terrible but we've had 23 so far this year. 23 psychos out of 325 MILLION people with 393 MILLION guns in the wild. I'd say that's pretty remarkably low.

Mass shootings have increased with technology and population but so has the reporting of the incidents.

....or, we have social media and news for profit organizations and shootings and attacks are more frequently reported.

Of course all mass shootings are terrible but 23 so far this year with 23 psychos out of 325 MILLION people with 393 MILLION guns on the wild, I'd say that's pretty remarkably low.

Mass shootings have increased with technology and population but so has the reporting of the incidents.
have we even settled on an official definition for this?

Americans are extremely naive about the capacities of their secret services. However, I don't see any real gain to orchestrating mass shootings.

I believe mass shootings are a fad, in the same sense as serial killing was, in the 70's and 80's. That form of murder has slowly dried up and been gradually replaced by the mass shooter types.

I think the way that the media covers these events, plays a significant part in why they continue to happen at such a frequency. In many cases, the killers have been known to idolize previous mass murderers/serial killers.

The American public has always had a fetish for its "public enemies", whether they be outlaw gun-slingers, Mafia hit-men, serial killers or mass shooters.

Americans are extremely naive about the capacities of their secret services. However, I don't see any real gain to orchestrating mass shootings.

I believe mass shootings are a fad, in the same sense as serial killing was, in the 70's and 80's. That form of murder has slowly dried up and been gradually replaced by the mass shooter types.

I think the way that the media covers these events, plays a significant part in why they continue to happen at such a frequency. In many cases, the killers have been known to idolize previous mass murderers/serial killers.

The American public has always had a fetish for its "public enemies", whether they be outlaw gun-slingers, Mafia hit-men, serial killers or mass shooters.

Need to get ready for the next media made fad

Mass shooting gun slinging serial killing hit men

No, here is the best part. If I accused Russia of being behind it, and said trump was linked, he would be all ears.

This thread is marginally below your posting standards, but this post in particular is far below them.

Be Best, VivaRevolution

A possible explanation for mass shootings and terror attacks. What if it isn't happenstance? I present to you an alternative theory, based on history.

'Happenstance', man I had to look that word up. Where do you come up with this vocabulary? :)

I think we can safely blame 'global warming' for all the mass shootings, wars, and terror attacks in the last 20 years.

Well, besides possible 'global warming', I believe there are a few factors that have made some people somewhat more violent over the last few years:
. Violence in movies and television. How normal this has become in our culture.
. The FBI has determined that people join extremists group out of loneliness, not feeling valued, and lack of purpose in life. Membership has gone up in white supremacists groups like the KKK. ISIS has also become very appealing to (stupid) youth due to the propaganda they pump out.
. The following makes people more prone to radicalization:
  • feeling alone or lacking meaning and purpose in life
  • being emotionally upset after a stressful event
  • disagreeing with government policy
  • not feeling valued or appreciated by society
  • believing they have limited chances to succeed
  • feeling hatred toward certain types of people
. The victim card: Many extremist groups thrive on righting what they perceive as a historic wrong.
. The lone wolf: When a person conducts a violent act alone, their motives may be inspired by similar factors or different ones than those carried out by a group of extremists.
. 7 personal needs below:
  • Power
  • Achievement
  • Affiliation
  • Importance
  • Purpose
  • Morality
  • Excitement

I briefly remembered this from my days of studying Psychology:

Really?

Why do you say that fawlty?

You've been being so nice now for a while. Suprised to see I drew it out of you.
Because you're still a damn troofer, and of course you softshoe pivot to "the jews"

And you fucking refuse to grow up on this stuff. Just a slanderer. Garbage, man.

Really interesting stuff. Just had a glance over it but will read in-depth when I have the time.

Because you're still a damn troofer, and of course you softshoe pivot to "the jews"

And you fucking refuse to grow up on this stuff. Just a slanderer. Garbage, man.

Very arrogant.

People with allot more access and expertise then either of us, take both sides of this disagreement.

Back