A person who is trained in all forms of Japanese Martial Arts?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ogata, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Ogata Silver Belt

I am talking about all forms like Karate/judo/jujitsu/sumo or any type of jutsu/skill that comes from Japan. After years of searching I could never see Kung Fu winning any real fights despite having diverse styles. Yet we have seen karate, judo and jujitsu based fighters do well.

In Japan, there are family styles that take a bit of judo and karate or tons of jujitsu and maybe a bit of Karate and they mix them up together to form a family style which is mixed Japanese martial arts in essence.

Curios to know if an exclusively Japanese trained martial arts can prevail in MMA today against Thai kickboxing and wrestling?

P.S: I don't hate Kung Fu but it has a sad history of suppression which led to lost techniques and a lack of quality control in pedigree gave birth to charlatans and fraudsters. The modern version we have is a massive fall from grace. Even today in china, people are more in to kickboxing.

2. PizzaandBeer Banned Banned

Aikido is too deadly for mma

3. Get To Da Choppa Purple Belt

4. manboy<3 Pathetic hater,MEGA shill

I would have loved to see that Bull killin guy in MMA. How many UFC champs could perform that gruesome feat? I bet that guy would have killed someone in the UFC.

Bob Sapp likes this.
  5. Drain Bamage Guitar God 420

MIke Perry

6. Fenn Blue Belt

<mma4>

wolfgangkrauser likes this.
  7. Ogata Silver Belt

Master Oyama was also a Judoka who was the disciple of the legendary Kimura. Kyokushin does permit throws if the dojo has mats.

Duck Dodgers and manboy<3 like this.
  8. Kertol Brown Belt

Yes, exclusively training in Japanese Martial Arts is sufficient enough to prevail in MMA. This has been proven. Training in Kosen Judo is no different than training in BJJ essentially.

Kung Fu is very underrated around here. I've seen street fight videos of Kung Fu being effective. There's also been a lot of guys from Dagestan succeeding in MMA now with a Sanda background Zabit, Salikhov. We also had Cung Le.

MMA is still a new sport and we haven't seen everything yet. Aikido for example I don't see having much success because most of the moves are considered illegal in MMA.

9. Kertol Brown Belt

Pretty much all Karate permits throws.

Ghostoftheville likes this.
  10. milliniar Who needs a belt?

Batman

shino likes this.
  11. RightToBareKnuckles Green Belt

all true. i miss Cung Le, was a cool fighter to watch. though i think the wraps and gloves prevent too much Aikido wrist lock stuff from happening

Kertol likes this.
  12. Rawdog White Belt

Roy Nelson

13. superpunch Gold Belt

Traditional Japanese martial arts suffer from a "size effect". Back when they were made, the average Japanese man was 5'1" rail thin at 110 lbs.

There was never any need to develop martial arts to the extent that MMA has developed them because simple size superiority created by mass malnutrition was impossible to overcome no matter how developed the martial arts. So, any Japanese guy that was fed enough nutrition to grow to a normal height and fill out with normal body mass could practice any watered down bullshit and completely destroy anyone he came across in hand to hand combat.

Judo is not a complete grappling system. Karate styles are not competent striking arts.

But in the hands of a 5'10" 180 lb guy against 5'1" 110 lb competition?

5'1" 110 lb guy could be Fedor and GSP put together and he's getting destroyed by the 180 lb Judo guy.

14. PokerandMMA Purple Belt

Seagal about to go for the Rock Bottom in that 3rd gif.

CTE_Fan and Peuhkis like this.
  15. fightfan70 Brown Belt

will still get wrestlefucked, and dry humped into submision.

its a cool thought though, i have always wanted to see some oriental master try his hand at some ufc lol

Tyr XIII likes this.
  16. Kertol Brown Belt

You have no idea what you are talking about at all.

Judo was probably the most complete grappling martial art until it started becoming a sport. It has nothing to do with size but has to do with the art not being practiced as it should and hence watered down.

Karare styles are not competent striking arts? What are you talking about dude. It has been proven effective time and time again even the new watered down sport Karate is still highly effective.

17. TerryMCLOOPS Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

This dude has yellow fever bad.

This is a weird thread.

Kdup likes this.
  18. TerryMCLOOPS Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Professor Fabia

GoGetSomeFansJon likes this.
  19. TerryMCLOOPS Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

This is off the charts stupid

20. chaos_36 DOOM all capitals no trick spelling.

Theoretically this is possible, whether or not it would actually work is another story all together. If you melded jujitsu, judo, aikido, Kyokushin an Seido into one style you'd be pretty badass. In boxing range you'd probably get hammered by boxers and kickboxers and Newaza is probably inferior in comparison to BJJ and Sambo but it'd be interesting for sure.

Coconutwater likes this.