Opinion A Pact with a Thief, a Deal with the Devil: The Vatican’s Pending Agreement with China

It seems obvious to me that they're frauds.

I find the Cathar take on the church quite interesting. They saw it as the Synagogue of Satan and the pope the Prince of Darkness.

udienza.jpg

Find a closer picture of that "statue of Jesus crucifixion" at center stage. An image of him not really known or popular anywhere. It's actually an optical illusion. It's two things. An abnormally creepy Jesus looking really tortured. And it's also a statue of a snake/reptilian with an army of demons/dark entities.

italian-tenor-and-singersongwriter-andrea-bocelli-performs-at-the-vi-picture-id453137293

pope-benedict-xvi-delivers-his-blessing-at-the-end-of-his-weekly-at-picture-id159172930

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzNlNWQ5ZTA0YTllNmUxN2Q4NV81ODQyMjc1NTg2XzU0YTNmZWY3YTNfYi5qcGciXSxbInAiLCJ0aHVtYiIsIjEyMDB4PiJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcXVhbGl0eSA4MSAtYXV0by1vcmllbnQiXV0

Education. Yep, shaping the young minds of the next generation.

Did somebody ever ask: what for? <{jackyeah}>

The spelt it out in their founding documents.

Formula the Institute said:
Whoever desires to serve as a soldier of God beneath the banner of the Cross in our Society, which we desire to be designated by the Name of Jesus, and to serve the Lord alone and the Church, his spouse, under the Roman Pontiff, the Vicar of Christ on earth, should, after a solemn vow of perpetual chastity, poverty and obedience, keep what follows in mind. He is a member of a Society founded chiefly for this purpose: to strive especially for the defence and propagation of the faith and for the progress of souls in Christian life and doctrine, by means of public preaching, lectures and any other ministration whatsoever of the Word of God, and further by means of retreats, the education of children and unlettered persons in Christianity, and the spiritual consolation of Christ's faithful through hearing confessions and administering the other sacraments. Moreover, he should show himself ready to reconcile the estranged, compassionately assist and serve those who are in prisons or hospitals, and indeed, to perform any other works of charity, according to what will seem expedient for the glory of God and the common good.

why is jesus always shown with long hair when first century art shows all male jews with short hair @Ripskater ?

he was from nazareth but not nazarite

In exchange, the CCP will recognize the pope as the official head of the Catholic Church, and regular relations between the two states will be renewed.
I wonder how many countries don't "recognize the pope" or even Catholicism as a (viable) religion. Can't lose what you never had.

The Church kowtowing to China means they are desperate to keep something. Just the recognition and "relations" doesn't sound like a good deal. No one in the rest of the world would give a shit imo. Perhaps they have a lot of real estate already in China, or tried to hard to make the little inroads they have and don't want to lose them.

I think they're also scared other countries might follow suit for lolz

I wonder how many countries don't "recognize the pope" or even Catholicism as a (viable) religion. Can't lose what you never had.

The Church kowtowing to China means they are desperate to keep something. Just the recognition and "relations" doesn't sound like a good deal. No one in the rest of the world would give a shit imo. Perhaps they have a lot of real estate already in China, or tried to hard to make the little inroads they have and don't want to lose them.

I think they're also scared other countries might follow suit for lolz

Probably the 6 million members of the CPCA, although the 6 million in the underground churches won't be happy about it.
Catholics are a minority of China's 100 million or so Christians though.
They've reverted to cracking down on "unregistered" Churches again.

He is a member of a Society founded chiefly for this purpose: to strive especially for the defence and propagation of the faith and for the progress of souls in Christian life and doctrine..

according to what will seem expedient for the glory of God and the common good.

This chills me... <GSPWoah>

China is an emerging market that the Catholics want a piece of from a capitalist perspective. No centralized religion means more money for the coffers.

That's the conspiracy theory view of the Jesuits.
In reality they are mostly involved in education.

True but when comparing the theory to reality the lines are quite blurred together:

True but when comparing the theory to reality the lines are quite blurred together:

Fuckin' fixed. It has been two years since this. Dunno why people still believe those who say they believe and follow the writings then act the other way...

AND A Pope once begged Attila for mercy, and saved Rome.

Popes always make deals. I bet the church thinks they are saving the lives of the underground members of the church in china.

It seems obvious to me that they're frauds.

I find the Cathar take on the church quite interesting. They saw it as the Synagogue of Satan and the pope the Prince of Darkness.

udienza.jpg

And the Catholic Church wiped the Cathar's off the face of the earth. Literally.

"God will know His own...":eek:

It's the same old shit for the church. I don't trust anything about this organization. It's this multi-billion dollar entity that seems MUCH more concerned with secular matters than anything to do with the spiritual. They have no problem working hand in hand with oppressive regimes, they have billions of dollars in play, their own city-state which is the epitome of decadence and they even have their own intelligence service. And it's all run by.....a bunch of childless, sexless weirdos? I don't trust these fuckers.

Back