Elections A nice GOP gem on Gab

I don't consider Roe V Wade a strictly Christian issue. There are people from all religions, beliefs, non-beliefs and different walks of life that oppose abortion. Opposition to abortion isn't exactly a fringe position.
Most of the country supports Roe though so the fact that it got overturned shows how a minority can push unpopular policy through is my point
Contraception isn't going anywhere. If anything, we are going to see more of it and possibly more effective means of contraception.
Who knows, with this court its certainly a possibility. Beyond that, my point was that the GOP actively voted against guaranteeing the right to contraceptive despite that being the more popular position. Even in conservative circles online most people were scratching their heads at that one since allowing access to contraception is a no brainer among the majority. But its because of the outsize influence of the fringe Christian right GOP representatives will vote against it despite the public support.
Prayers in school and funding religious instruction isn't any indication that a theocracy is on its way. It is rather minor in the grand scheme of things.
I never said theocracy was on the way and you didn't ask me about that. You asked which fringe positions they advanced and I pointed them out. That you agree with those positions doesn't change the fact that the majority doesn't support them and their success demonstrates how the Christian right exploits unrepresentative institutions in the country.

God has been left with nothing but omnipotence and omnipresence as all control was deteriorated by granting free will. Perhaps god has been disillusioned and what I said is untrue. Perhaps we are all one god and the illusion is so strong that we/god can’t see beyond our own masquerade that we are all one and life is nothing but a dream.

There's a hindu like idea about God not having anything to do so he takes on roles ( us) out of boredom. I think it was hindu.

Really? Her and boebert have quite strong followings and now there's potentially a third one coming into office

From who? I haven't seen many people here going rah rah over either. The only thing people talk about is Boebert's looks.

I don't know anyone that thinks MTG is a good politician.

Most of the country supports Roe though so the fact that it got overturned shows how a minority can push unpopular policy through is my point

Who knows, with this court its certainly a possibility. Beyond that, my point was that the GOP actively voted against guaranteeing the right to contraceptive despite that being the more popular position. Even in conservative circles online most people were scratching their heads at that one since allowing access to contraception is a no brainer among the majority. But its because of the outsize influence of the fringe Christian right GOP representatives will vote against it despite the public support.

I never said theocracy was on the way and you didn't ask me about that. You asked which fringe positions they advanced and I pointed them out. That you agree with those positions doesn't change the fact that the majority doesn't support them and their success demonstrates how the Christian right exploits unrepresentative institutions in the country.

Thanks for the informative response.

<Oku04>

Guy sounds nutty, but I've been told for several years that "private companies" can do whatever they want, platform and deplatform whomever they want. Does that only apply to far left nutjobs on the massive social media sites and not whatever the hell gab is?

It's a microblogging social media network and prominent part of the parallel "alt-tech" digital ecosystem that caters to right-wing politics. It originally started as a platform for genuinely far-right people and views (still is) but as the authoritarian corporatocracy continues clamping down on any breach of compliance to its utterly deranged form of 'liberalism', it'll gradually become occupied by vanilla conservatives en masse since the mainstream social media giants have stopped making any distinction between Neo-Nazis and Christians who find "child drag shows" inappropriate. Gab, Gettr, Parler, Truth Social are the de facto Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. alternatives while video platforms such as Bitchute, Odysee, Rumble are where purged YouTubers migrate and reside.

Right wing Twitter. I for one cannot believe the Christian religion is under attack with upstanding folk like this looking to gain political power. Judge Alito hopefully will come to the defense of this fine site.

Jews and other non-Christians are "not conservative" because it is "an explicitly Christian movement" and because the US "is an explicitly Christian country," said Andrew Torba, the CEO of Gab and reportedly a consultant for state senator Doug Mastriano, the Republican candidate for governor of Pennsylvania, in a livestream responding to recent condemnations of Mastriano and Gab.

"This is the most important election of the 2022 midterms because Doug is an outspoken Christian," said Torba in the video, complaining about the reports condemning Gab and Mastriano's decision to buy advertising on the site. "We are going to build a coalition of Christian nationalists, of Christians, of Christian candidates, at the state, local and federal levels and we're going to take this country back for the glory of God.

My policy is not to conduct interviews with reporters who aren't Christian or with outlets who aren't Christian and Doug has a very similar media strategy where he does not do interviews with these people. He does not talk to these people. He does not give press access to these people," said the Gab founder. "These people are dishonest. They're liars. They're a den of vipers and they want to destroy you. My typical conversation with them when they email me is 'repent and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.' I take it as an opportunity to try and convert them."

Torba called Mastriano's opponent, Josh Shapiro, "a Soros puppet" (a reference to Jewish billionaire George Soros) and reiterated claims that he was involved in voter fraud in the 2020 election. Torba stressed that Mastriano "answers only to Jesus Christ."

Torba complained that "the establishment" is pushing Dave Rubin, Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro, calling them "the same usual suspects that they're trying to prop up now as the 'gatekeepers' and as the 'influencers' in the movement."

"These people aren't conservative. They're not Christian. They don't share our values. They have inverted values from us as Christians. So don't fall for the bait of Populism Inc, don't fall for the bait of this pseudo-conservatism, big tent nonsense. This is a Christian movement. This movement needs to be centered on the gospel and truth of God's word and of Jesus Christ, our lord and savior and king. That is the only way that this is going to work."

The Gab founder stated that "We're playing the long game...Roe was the perfect example. Roe was not an overnight win. Roe was like the combination of 50 years of Christian planning and Christian building."

Torba added that "this is an explicitly Christian movement, because this is an explicitly Christian country. From its founding throughout its entire history it has been an explicitly Christian country."

https://m.jpost.com/american-politics/article-713128

Another Gem. <45>

bgf3.jpg

Conservatism isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. intolerance and an elitist mindset isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. Being a daft cunt isn't the exclusive property of Christianity.

But this person is using those ideas to great effect to make Christians look bad. Along with many other liberals I've been doing my best to speak out against the lunatics poisoning the ideology I'm most closely aligned with. Hopefully the same sort of movement will gather steam on the conservative side. We can't allow nutters on the fringes to become the representatives of normal people.

Hah, from reading the OP these posts come to mind.

This, "conservative" is so gross lol. On the otherhand, "right-winger" is awesome. It's true though, the only reason it doesn't jive as such in the realm of American politics is due to Christianity's take on the definition of marriage, and the tendency for Christians to claim dominion over conservatism.
It's a valid political identity that is about to become normalized in mainstream US politics, tons of Christian Nationalists on firearms forums and spaces I browse. The biggest problem I have with it aside from being a heathen is that these people don't actually respect the US Constitution despite claiming to hold it in the highest esteem, they aren't ok with live and let live or staying at least arm's length.

The Christian right are nowhere near as damaging to the party as Progressives are to the Dems. But they can and will be a thorn. Separation of Church and State.

It's a microblogging social media network and prominent part of the parallel "alt-tech" digital ecosystem that caters to right-wing politics. It originally started as a platform for genuinely far-right people and views (still is) but as the authoritarian corporatocracy continues clamping down on any breach of compliance to its utterly deranged form of 'liberalism', it'll gradually become occupied by vanilla conservatives en masse since the mainstream social media giants have stopped making any distinction between Neo-Nazis and Christians who find "child drag shows" inappropriate. Gab, Gettr, Parler, Truth Social are the de facto Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. alternatives while video platforms such as Bitchute, Odysee, Rumble are where purged YouTubers migrate and reside.
I'm quite fine avoiding all of them, even though I do find mob mentality entertaining when people get to abandon the charade of being a decent person and give themselves the green light to be a POS just because enough anonymous strangers do it too.

they absolutely did not vote against contraceptives. perhaps you should read the bill yourself and see what they actually voted against instead of believing what the MSM was preaching the day that bill got shot down. the so-called ‘Right to Contraception Act’ expands funding for Planned Parenthood and access to abortifacients. which everyone knows conservatives arent majority in favor of planned parenthood or abortifacients. by putting that in the bill you are garunteeing that conservatives shoot it down, and then can say they are anti contraceptive right before elections which isnt true at all..... why dont democrats just leave that shit out of the bill and pass a straight contraceptives act? if this act not passing is anyones fault it is democrats fault.

Mastriano is a straight up lunatic at this point. All the "stolen election" shit he's been saying and buddying up to Trump is gonna backfire on him in the general election. And rightfully so.
Well he’s democrat funded so maybe blame the party heading up his campaign

Conservatism isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. intolerance and an elitist mindset isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. Being a daft cunt isn't the exclusive property of Christianity.

But this person is using those ideas to great effect to make Christians look bad. Along with many other liberals I've been doing my best to speak out against the lunatics poisoning the ideology I'm most closely aligned with. Hopefully the same sort of movement will gather steam on the conservative side. We can't allow nutters on the fringes to become the representatives of normal people.
I appreciate this post as a Christian

You found a simple minded and bigoted opinion on the internet and now this is an accurate example of both Christians and Conservatives. Ok?

Funny how with Christianity you're quick to say #notall but with Muslims you're happy to let the worst of us represent the religion while painting the best of us as exceptions.
they absolutely did not vote against contraceptives. perhaps you should read the bill yourself and see what they actually voted against instead of believing what the MSM was preaching the day that bill got shot down. the so-called ‘Right to Contraception Act’ expands funding for Planned Parenthood and access to abortifacients. which everyone knows conservatives arent majority in favor of planned parenthood or abortifacients. by putting that in the bill you are garunteeing that conservatives shoot it down, and then can say they are anti contraceptive right before elections which isnt true at all..... why dont democrats just leave that shit out of the bill and pass a straight contraceptives act? if this act not passing is anyones fault it is democrats fault.
So basically conservatives voted against the morning after pill, don't know if that makes them look less crazy honestly.

Funny how with Christianity you're quick to say #notall but with Muslims you're happy to let the worst of us represent the religion while painting the best of us as exceptions.

So basically conservatives voted against the morning after pill, don't know if that makes them look less crazy honestly.

well the morning after pill is a form of abortion to them so why would anyone think they would be okay with this? it aligns with the values they publicly talk about.... so why would democrats put this in the bill knowing they are against this...... birth control, condoms, iud, sponges are not aborftifacients.......which nearly every conservative i talk to is 100% for.

Lol. You're such a victim.

Wonder how many times "most Muslims are better than Islam" would come up if you did a search of my name on here?

well the morning after pill is a form of abortion to them so why would anyone think they would be okay with this? it aligns with the values they publicly talk about.... so why would democrats put this in the bill knowing they are against this...... birth control, condoms, iud, sponges are not aborftifacients.......which nearly every conservative i talk to is 100% for.
Well that goes to my point, most Americans support that form of abortion but Christian conservatives are able to push unpopular policies and block popular ones by gaming the less representative systems of the country.

Blaming Democrats for the fact that the GOP votes against what the public wants is odd to me.
Lol. You're such a victim.

Wonder how many times "most Muslims are better than Islam" would come up if you did a search of my name on here?
Well yeah that's my point, you're saying that bad Christians don't represent Christianity while bad Muslims do represent Islam and all the good ones are just exceptions to the rule that "Islam bad"

Well that goes to my point, most Americans support that form of abortion but Christian conservatives are able to push unpopular policies and block popular ones by gaming the less representative systems of the country.

Blaming Democrats for the fact that the GOP votes against what the public wants is odd to me.

Well yeah that's my point, you're saying that bad Christians don't represent Christianity while bad Muslims do represent Islam and all the good ones are just exceptions to the rule that "Islam bad"
Well yeah, Islam as an ideology, sucks. One only has to compare the two exemplars of the faiths to reach this undeniable conclusion. Just as Christians should have been ashamed that their fellows dropped the ball in their attempts at acting Christ like over the centuries, you should be proud of the majority of your fellow Muslims for being nothing like Mohamed.

But let's just cut to the chase:
I am bad
You are good
How dare I criticize your ideology?
I should be ashamed of myself!
How dare I?!?!
Bad Bald1, baaad!

Have a great weekend!

Well yeah, Islam as an ideology, sucks. One only has to compare the two exemplars of the faiths to reach this undeniable conclusion. Just as Christians should have been ashamed that their fellows dropped the ball in their attempts at acting Christ like over the centuries, you should be proud of the majority of your fellow Muslims for being nothing like Mohamed.

But let's just cut to the chase:
I am bad
You are good
How dare I criticize your ideology?
I should be ashamed of myself!
How dare I?!?!
Bad Bald1, baaad!

Have a great weekend!
Well you can make your critiques if you want but don't be surprised when people think you don't like Muslims. Its not just I who noticed that, even other right wingers have called you out for that kind of thing. Just showing you why people get that impression if it wasn't already obvious.

Back