Elections A nice GOP gem on Gab

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Right wing Twitter. I for one cannot believe the Christian religion is under attack with upstanding folk like this looking to gain political power. Judge Alito hopefully will come to the defense of this fine site.

Jews and other non-Christians are "not conservative" because it is "an explicitly Christian movement" and because the US "is an explicitly Christian country," said Andrew Torba, the CEO of Gab and reportedly a consultant for state senator Doug Mastriano, the Republican candidate for governor of Pennsylvania, in a livestream responding to recent condemnations of Mastriano and Gab.

"This is the most important election of the 2022 midterms because Doug is an outspoken Christian," said Torba in the video, complaining about the reports condemning Gab and Mastriano's decision to buy advertising on the site. "We are going to build a coalition of Christian nationalists, of Christians, of Christian candidates, at the state, local and federal levels and we're going to take this country back for the glory of God.

My policy is not to conduct interviews with reporters who aren't Christian or with outlets who aren't Christian and Doug has a very similar media strategy where he does not do interviews with these people. He does not talk to these people. He does not give press access to these people," said the Gab founder. "These people are dishonest. They're liars. They're a den of vipers and they want to destroy you. My typical conversation with them when they email me is 'repent and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.' I take it as an opportunity to try and convert them."

Torba called Mastriano's opponent, Josh Shapiro, "a Soros puppet" (a reference to Jewish billionaire George Soros) and reiterated claims that he was involved in voter fraud in the 2020 election. Torba stressed that Mastriano "answers only to Jesus Christ."

Torba complained that "the establishment" is pushing Dave Rubin, Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro, calling them "the same usual suspects that they're trying to prop up now as the 'gatekeepers' and as the 'influencers' in the movement."

"These people aren't conservative. They're not Christian. They don't share our values. They have inverted values from us as Christians. So don't fall for the bait of Populism Inc, don't fall for the bait of this pseudo-conservatism, big tent nonsense. This is a Christian movement. This movement needs to be centered on the gospel and truth of God's word and of Jesus Christ, our lord and savior and king. That is the only way that this is going to work."

The Gab founder stated that "We're playing the long game...Roe was the perfect example. Roe was not an overnight win. Roe was like the combination of 50 years of Christian planning and Christian building."

Torba added that "this is an explicitly Christian movement, because this is an explicitly Christian country. From its founding throughout its entire history it has been an explicitly Christian country."

https://m.jpost.com/american-politics/article-713128

Last edited:
They're all starting to say the quiet part loud

the-simpsons-oops.gif

Conservatism isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. intolerance and an elitist mindset isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. Being a daft cunt isn't the exclusive property of Christianity.

But this person is using those ideas to great effect to make Christians look bad. Along with many other liberals I've been doing my best to speak out against the lunatics poisoning the ideology I'm most closely aligned with. Hopefully the same sort of movement will gather steam on the conservative side. We can't allow nutters on the fringes to become the representatives of normal people.

Conservatism isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. intolerance and an elitist mindset isn't the exclusive property of Christianity. Being a daft cunt isn't the exclusive property of Christianity.

But this person is using those ideas to great effect to make Christians look bad. Along with many other liberals I've been doing my best to speak out against the lunatics poisoning the ideology I'm most closely aligned with. Hopefully the same sort of movement will gather steam on the conservative side. We can't allow nutters on the fringes to become the representatives of normal people.
Idk it seems as though the Christian nutters have really grabbed a hold of power in American Christianity. Imo you saw it really take off with the explosion of prosperity gospel.

In my personal life, the Christians I know who don't necessarily agree with the nutters will side with said nutters because their cores are closer together.

I gave up organized religion completely when the church I was going to started endorsing political candidates during sermons in 2015

Been witnessing this first hand around where i live as of late. Bigotry masking as christianity. Was a slow process of indoctrination that appeared during all the anti-Sharia law nonsense during Obamas term.
Didn't help Obama was black. Under so much of American Christianity is pure racism.

Hmmm, “we’re gonna take America back to the glory of God”.

I don’t think “taking” a country politically is what God wants. He’s interested in personal salvific relationship with individuals. That doesn’t mean He doesn’t want just laws, but the laws themselves aren’t the ends, and the individuals in power definitely aren’t the ends.

This is a distraction, or idolatry.

Hmmm, “we’re gonna take America back to the glory of God”.

I don’t think “taking” a country politically is what God wants. He’s interested in personal salvific relationship with individuals. That doesn’t mean He doesn’t want just laws, but the laws themselves aren’t the ends, and the individuals in power definitely aren’t the ends.

This is a distraction, or idolatry.
God is like meh let’s see what these morons do.

Mastriano is a straight up lunatic at this point. All the "stolen election" shit he's been saying and buddying up to Trump is gonna backfire on him in the general election. And rightfully so.

True. We’re just in repeats. God that must be boring. Read that how you will. Both are correct
If true, it would only be boring if God had nothing else to do but watch us.

Pretty funny comment, either way.

If true, it would only be boring if God had nothing else to do but watch us.

Pretty funny comment, either way.
I think god was bored alone so created a playmate in his image not realizing that that also meant with his ability but the power was now shared and thus diluted. God grew tired of his creation but found it couldn’t be undone and to spite the creator the second created more and more and now god has been depleted and resigned to watch it all happen over and over. At least he gets to watch Seinfeld.

I think god was bored alone so created a playmate in his image not realizing that that also meant with his ability but the power was now shared and thus diluted. God grew tired of his creation but found it couldn’t be undone and to spite the creator the second created more and more and now god has been depleted and resigned to watch it all happen over and over. At least he gets to watch Seinfeld.
I don’t think God can be diluted, so I don’t agree with any of what you just wrote, but it was fascinating nonetheless.

I don’t think God can be diluted, so I don’t agree with any of what you just wrote, but it was fascinating nonetheless.
Well I was tripping on shrooms and huffing nitrous when I had that thought. Talk about taking a squeegee to your third eye.

God has been left with nothing but omnipotence and omnipresence as all control was deteriorated by granting free will. Perhaps god has been disillusioned and what I said is untrue. Perhaps we are all one god and the illusion is so strong that we/god can’t see beyond our own masquerade that we are all one and life is nothing but a dream.

Back