A newbie start to training

Yeah that is better than the workout that I've seen reported as the one that Brad Pitt did for Fight Club. I guess the one that you linked is designed to make you look ripped but isn't actually the one that Brad Pitt did, which is probably for the better. Personally I think it's a bit complicated for a beginner (too many different exercises and fancy equipment, stick to the basic to get started IMHO) but it appears to be fairly well-rounded at least.

Yeah, you're right. It might be a bit complicated. I guess I should suggest that they take it one week at a time and watch the available videos before as instructions for proper form. Other than that, this program offers a 'new' routine every week, which helps keep newbies interested long enough to see some results.

I guess I have to be more specific about the "Fight Club" work out. Scroll down on this page:

SIX PACK ABS WORKOUT PROGRAM

It is pretty well rounded for a beginner. I know guys from the strength forum are all over squats and deadlifts and that is fine, but for a total newbie....this is a good start to get the whole body going.

I didn't click on that link but I would think that if a newbie wants to "get the whole body going" you should be doing squats and deadlifts.

A good example of such a work out is called "Get ripped like Brad Pitt from Fight Club in 12 weeks" or something like that. I don't want to post any links or anything cause I not sure if that is an offense ?? Work out 3-4 times a week for about 45-60 minutes each and run on your days off for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you don't see results that you are happy with after doing this for 2 months....I would be really surprised.

How has this thread not been locked and moved to the wasteland?

Back