A new tolerance for Antisemitism from the Left. Over 26% of the world is Anti-Semitic

• Thread starter SouthoftheAndes
  • Start date
Jews are ok. Israelis not so much.

And why aren't you bemoaning antisemitism against Arabs? It's far more overt than with Jews.
Israelis are my favorite flavor of Jews. The ability to maintain a liberal society that affords more civil rights to its Arab citizens than any Arab majority state is a marvel.

It's funny you can even link the lefts mentally ill pyramid of oppression to anti-semetism because it's largely from their "apathy" for the west bank.

The hierarchy of victim hood knows no bounds!!

And no I'm not being sarcastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Israelis are my favorite flavor of Jews. The ability to maintain a liberal society that affords more civil rights to its Arab citizens than any Arab majority state is a marvel.

Which is why Israel proper is a great country.

But alas, apartheid in the West Bank kind of puts a stain on the good parts.

Small eyes, curly receeding hair, big nose. Oy Vey, you can't be serious.
gal-gadot-3840x2560-4k-7094.jpg

Which is why Israel proper is a great country.

But alas, apartheid in the West Bank kind of puts a stain on the good parts.
Israel doesn't have apartheid. It has the same laws for Arab and Jewish citizens. The fact that Israel is so often singled out as a human rights abuser in a region where they have far and away the best human rights record is itself an indirect proof of anti-antisemitism on the Left. Why so much attention to Israel, and so little to real and more flagrant abuses elsewhere?

Israel doesn't have apartheid. It has the same laws for Arab and Jewish citizens. The fact that Israel is so often singled out as a human rights abuser in a region where they have far and away the best human rights record is itself an indirect proof of anti-antisemitism on the Left. Why so much attention to Israel, and so little to real and more flagrant abuses elsewhere?

1.- Israel proper doesnt, but the West Bank does.

2.- There is always someone worse isnt an argument.

3.- Keep using that word and eventually it will lose all its meaning.

Antisemitism and anti-zionism are not the same thing.

It's actually a fun little anecdote. Almost all antisemites (damn Jews and all their money and fraternity) are conservatives, but conservatives passionately support Israel. Almost all critics of Israeli zionism are leftists, but no traditional anti-Jewish persons are on the left. What a time to be alive.
Shut up nerd.

2.- There is always someone worse isnt an argument.
That wasn't my argument. My argument is that the consistent focus on one state surrounded by objectively worse states leads to the question of why Israel has so consistently been singled out. I's argue that them being Jewish is an important reason that this happens, on both the far left and the far right, both of which despise Israel.

In 2015, the UN singled out Israel for rebuke in 20 separate resolutions, while issuing another 3 such resolutions for the rest the world combined. 2016 was similar. In the face of such an incredible imbalance, the objective act that Israel is far from the worst human rights defender even in its own region is certainly relevant. Why else could they be such an international target?

It deeply undercuts the notion that anti-zionism so widespread on the left and far right is motivated by a sense of justice rather than good old-fashioned judenhass.

That wasn't my argument. My argument is that the consistent focus on one state surrounded by objectively worse states leads to the question of why Israel has so consistently been singled out. I's argue that them being Jewish is an important reason that this happens, on both the far left and the far right, both of which despise Israel.

In 2015, the UN singled out Israel for rebuke in 20 separate resolutions, while issuing another 3 such resolutions for the rest the world combined. 2016 was similar. In the face of such an incredible imbalance, the objective act that Israel is far from the worst human rights defender even in its own region is certainly relevant. Why else could they be such an international target?

It deeply undercuts the notion that anti-zionism so widespread on the left and far right is motivated by a sense of justice rather than good old-fashioned judenhass.

As far as standards go, all developed Western nations are held to a way higher standard than non-Western nations.

As far as standards go, all developed Western nations are held to a way higher standard than non-Western nations.
True, and I believe there is racism at play int hat double standard. But no developed Western nation is held to the same standard Israel is for reasons mainly related to race.

True, and I believe there is racism at play int hat double standard. But no developed Western nation is held to the same standard Israel is for reasons mainly related to race.

There are lot of additional factors though. Israel and Zionism are part of the US and many other Western nations foreign policy and Israel receives money transfers and favorable agreements. It has its own lobbying center joined to the hip of Washington DC.

That coupled with Israel as a bee in the bonnet of the middle east that has expansionary aims makes it controversial.

So it is a very unique situation.

But, that many view Jews as a 'separate ethno tribe' so to speak (Israel being a Jewish ethno-nationalist state), as Jews view themselves as such, I'm sure plays into the larger equation somewhat.

Almost all antisemites (damn Jews and all their money and fraternity) are conservatives

Do you have any evidence of this? Do not forget, that Muslims are now in bed with the left. All the anti-jews stuff going around seems to be leftists/sjws due to Israel not wanting to be destroyed by Islam.

See, I am not saying that once again you are posting ass stupid shit that has no base in reality---I am betting on it.

1.- UN doesnt works like an independent groups, its literally a group of nations, so Israel being targeted tends to be because they are hated by Arabs, which are very influential.

You want to tell me arabs are hypocrites? yes. Do you want to tell me that Arabs are legit antisemites yes.

But this isnt about Arabs, its about the rest of the world.

2.- Anti-Zionism on the left at least is 100% motivated by the illegal occupation and the apartheid conditions of the West Bank. I cant speak for that of the right.

1.- UN doesnt works like an independent groups, its literally a group of nations, so Israel being targeted tends to be because they are hated by Arabs, which are very influential.

You want to tell me arabs are hypocrites? yes. Do you want to tell me that Arabs are legit antisemites yes.

But this isnt about Arabs, its about the rest of the world.

Look at the votes in the UN. The rest of the world consistently aligns against Israel. Also, given that almost 90% of UN resolutions are about one state, it takes more than blaming the Arabs to explain. The Arabs don't have nearly that kind of pull on shaping UN agenda. The EU is consistently anti-Israel to the point that their very long history of anti-semitism becomes difficult to rule out as an issue.

There was no Israel while Hitler was alive.

Really? So then why did Hitler hate the jews?????

o_O

From my observations, it seems like the jews are hated for the same reason all through history---- They are a scapegoat for loser pieces of shit. Look at who hates them? Loser pieces of shit...same today as in ww2 or the democrats in white sheets in the KKK days.

Look at the votes in the UN. The rest of the world consistently aligns against Israel. Also, given that almost 90% of UN resolutions are about one state, it takes more than blaming the Arabs to explain. The Arabs don't have nearly that kind of pull on shaping UN agenda. The EU is consistently anti-Israel to the point that their very long history of anti-semitism becomes difficult to rule out as an issue.

The resolutions are brought by sponsoring states.

The arabs dont need to pull to shape UN agenda, they just need the pull to raise human rights violations to the General Assembly in which nations will most likely vote against them unless there is economic interest not to.

And lol at claiming that anti-semitism is strong in the EU, again, you are conflating criticism against Israel with hatred against all jews in the world.

YOU and people like YOU who use Jews as a diplomatic human shield for the actions of the State of Israel are the reason why anti-semitism is losing seriousness.

Back