A Movie That Should Be Made

Jodorowsky's Dune with a $500 million dollar budget.

This. I just read the books last year and I like them, a lot. I'm disappointed that a good Dune tv show or movie hasn't been made yet. I was thinking that they would make a better tv show than a movie. Dune is not a one volume story. I don't understand people when they say it gets worse after the first book. It builds in ways that are barely touched on in the first story. It's an epic story.

Haven't read the fifth or sixth books yet, I actually just found out that there are two more books that I have to read.

you know what would be sweet!? a formula 1 racing movie that takes place in the future! not like some rollerball crap though

Anyone else get their kicks off of the ps game Wipeout in the 90s? I'm pretty sure my neural pathways were permanently fucked up playing that as a kid. Of course, any movie adaptation would be disfigured with a love story of some sort lol.

The movie was unfairly shredded by critics however I didn't think it was that bad. I still have never seen Days Of Thunder to this day, but I need to. Tony Scott was a good director.
Driven_MSS-2001-00.jpg

I've always wanted to see a movie based on R.A. Salvatore's The Dark Elf Trilogy. When I heard they were tentatively talking about it in the late 90's/early 2000's and considering Wesley Snipes as Drizzt, I took it back for a while, but now I think there's no chance of them getting old man Snipes as Drizzt, so the hope is alive again. Would be tough to cram into 2'ish hours though.

a sequel to "The Dark Crystal"
Dark Tower series into movie
a sequel to "Constantine" with keanu

Three Books I've enjoyed that would make great movies:

Lost in Shangri -la

Lost City of Z

American Shaolin

I've always wanted to see a movie based on R.A. Salvatore's The Dark Elf Trilogy. When I heard they were tentatively talking about it in the late 90's/early 2000's and considering Wesley Snipes as Drizzt, I took it back for a while, but now I think there's no chance of them getting old man Snipes as Drizzt, so the hope is alive again. Would be tough to cram into 2'ish hours though.

Aside from how shitty movies based on DND tend to be, yes. Lots of yes.

Could also be interesting to see the Time of Troubles arc play out, or even movies based on the Baldur's Gate story.

Indeed. The Dark Elf Trilogy has more potential for awesome than almost any fantasy setting I can think of - but there is so, so much that could go wrong given how alien the setting would be, how much D&D lore would have to be packed into and explained in the movie to make it work.

Part of why stuff like Tolkien works is because we, fundamentally, understand a lot of the underlying story elements already - big ultimate evil, orcs and goblins, midgets with hair feet, elves, and dwarves - are almost part of the general culture in some loose sense. The Machiavellian underworld of the Drow complete with everything from mind flayers to the chaotic cult of the Lloth would be a lot of weirdness to throw at an audience.

The Drizzt/Zak/Matron Malice storyline is a good core story though. If they had the right people behind it, it could be *incredible*...

Time of troubles would be a good one. Even some of the more recent stuff involving the Shadowfel could come in there. Personally, I love "The War of the Spider Queen," but everyone being a bunch of cut throat evil arseholes might not appeal to an audience that much - without a goody two-shoes like Drizzt in the center of it, I don't think it would be easy to sell the Drow to the public. They aren't even nuanced grey areas like most of Game of Thrones - they're basically all a bunch of Joffreys who are far less petty and more proactive in their nastiness.

Indeed. The Dark Elf Trilogy has more potential for awesome than almost any fantasy setting I can think of - but there is so, so much that could go wrong given how alien the setting would be, how much D&D lore would have to be packed into and explained in the movie to make it work.

Part of why stuff like Tolkien works is because we, fundamentally, understand a lot of the underlying story elements already - big ultimate evil, orcs and goblins, midgets with hair feet, elves, and dwarves - are almost part of the general culture in some loose sense. The Machiavellian underworld of the Drow complete with everything from mind flayers to the chaotic cult of the Lloth would be a lot of weirdness to throw at an audience.

The Drizzt/Zak/Matron Malice storyline is a good core story though. If they had the right people behind it, it could be *incredible*...

Time of troubles would be a good one. Even some of the more recent stuff involving the Shadowfel could come in there. Personally, I love "The War of the Spider Queen," but everyone being a bunch of cut throat evil arseholes might not appeal to an audience that much - without a goody two-shoes like Drizzt in the center of it, I don't think it would be easy to sell the Drow to the public. They aren't even nuanced grey areas like most of Game of Thrones - they're basically all a bunch of Joffreys who are far less petty and more proactive in their nastiness.

Completely and totally agree with literally everything you just said.

Would love to see a few movies on Artemis and Jarlaxle too.

Completely and totally agree with literally everything you just said.

Would love to see a few movies on Artemis and Jarlaxle too.

Yeah... Oddly, the Jax and Artemis books are possibly my favourite of all of Salvatore's books. Not sure they're quite the epic story of Drizzt breaking from Menzoberranzen, but I find the interactions between Jax, Artemis, Athrogate and whoever else to be *way* more enjoyable than the companions of the hall. Wulfgar is a twat, Cattie Brie pointless, Regis meh, but by Moridin's itchy arse, I do not mind Bruenor...

you know what would be sweet!? a formula 1 racing movie that takes place in the future! not like some rollerball crap though

So you want an F-Zero movie then? Gotcha. They should get KFDDA to do the soundtrack. Wicked.

As I said in another thread I want a Mass Effect movie. Don't care if it's 1 or a trilogy I just want them all to be high quality. Would be my wet dream.

I always thought it would be great to make a Predator stand alone or Predator vs Alien movie free of human characters and maybe even dialogue altogether.

The movie could follow a tribe of Predators and flesh out their culture and culminate with an epic hunt. I imagine this with an epic sound track and get goose bumps at the possibilities.

Also I would greatly appreciate Berserk being made into a live-action with a huge budget using mostly practical effects. Maybe a trilogy and have a writer come up with a proper ending because after The Golden Age Arc it meanders off leaving the main conflict on boil with no end in sight which is painfully annoying.

Volume_27.jpg

Back