"A man should win with class and lose with class, I had Jones 4-1...

You're bagging on Randy Couture?!?!??

What a laugh. The Jon Jones fans truly are the scum at the bottom of the barrel.

I'm as big an old school Randy fan as there is. "That man is my hero!" But facts are facts, and high-level combat athletes are by-and-large confident, and even cocky, especially in the heat of the moment.

And calling anyone the "scum at the bottom of the barrel" based on your own personal rooting bias is more of an indicator of the person saying its character than those who he is "accusing".

I agree with Randy's sentiment... Especially since so many kids look up to professional athletes like him as role models.

The problem is, not everyone feels this way. Some of sport's most popular athletes are giant d-bags and the fans love them for it.

facts are facts, and high-level combat athletes are by-and-large confident, and even cocky, especially in the heat of the moment.

This. This. This.

So many people seem to forget/not understand this, but confidence bordering on arrogance is a very, very common attribute that great athlete's share. It's not a universal rule, but that level of self belief is almost a necessity, especially in a sport as grueling as MMA.

For example, Michael Jordan is possibly the greatest basketball player of all time... and notoriously competitive and a bit of an asshole. Everyone calls Ali the greatest, but he was also the cockiest, and got a LOT of hate for it too.

Jones 50-45

IDK how anybody or the judges seen otherwise

he won every round

what round did DC win? like what
DC clearly won round 2. Stop watching MMA, you obviously have no idea what's going on.

You guys are right about Randy not having a perfect record in being classy every single time, but comparing him to Rousey and Jones is apples and oranges.

Rousey and Jones have not only built a name for themselves with their talent, but also by being obnoxious children. This type of "f-you" behavior obviously caters to the young crowd.

Doesn't matter who said it. The truth is that Jones is extremely arrogant. I guess you need to be... but there are other champs that I wouldn't say this about.

I first got into MMA because I wanted to watch the highest level of martial arts. I appreciate all the dedication these athletes put in to fine tune their craft. Watching two bitter rivals hug it out at the end of an intense battle is one of the best moments for me. To me, it's what separates this from a bunch of people on the street beating on each other.

With that said, I appreciate all of Jon's skills. His antics before and after fights is something I absolutely cannot stand. I thought you learn respect and all that "stuff" through martial arts. Be the bigger man Jon. You already beat up this guy and you're the champ. Nothing more needs to be said than that. DC lost and was humbled and he gave you all the credit, but you couldn't take the high road. Doing the crotch chop as the champ and still talking shit after the fight is what makes me really dislike him.

Randy Couture spanked Tito in their fight and then laughed at him when he cried when they were announcing the decision.

Also claimed Lesnar was "lucky" right after he hammerfisted him into oblivion.

I guess we need more respectful guys like that.

Agreed. And to all those nostalgic fans who might pine for the good old 'classy' days: remember Tito and some of his T-shirts?

MMA has always had polarizing champs.

Jones 50-45

IDK how anybody or the judges seen otherwise

he won every round

what round did DC win? like what

DC won round 2 in every way. Jones was pretty much shut down.

Randy Couture spanked Tito in their fight and then laughed at him when he cried when they were announcing the decision.

Also claimed Lesnar was "lucky" right after he hammerfisted him into oblivion.

I guess we need more respectful guys like that.

False equivalency, Randy just won a the title in a fight where he was a huge underdog, of course he's going to be giddy (smiling and laughing), he wasn't laughing AT tito he was just happy.

And I don't remember him saying Lesnar was "lucky" he alluded to it but he's right, when a guy that size is throwing punches at you they only need to land one.

Jones on the other hand: made an obscene gesture, said he didn't respect DC, and bragged about taking him down 5 to 0, which was wrong it was 4-1--and to be honest about the wrestling DC was the only fighter to secure top position in the fight (even though he ran out of time).

Wow time sure does things to the memory. Randy Couture is a classy saint now. I assume the same thing will be done 1 day for Jones years after he retires.People only remember winners not jestures that are made after youve been hit by the bell.

False equivalency, Randy just won a the title in a fight where he was a huge underdog, of course he's going to be giddy (smiling and laughing), he wasn't laughing AT tito he was just happy.

And I don't remember him saying Lesnar was "lucky" he alluded to it but he's right, when a guy that size is throwing punches at you they only need to land one.

Jones on the other hand: made an obscene gesture, said he didn't respect DC, and bragged about taking him down 5 to 0, which was wrong it was 4-1--and to be honest about the wrestling DC was the only fighter to secure top position in the fight (even though he ran out of time).

That top position had nothing too do with wrastling. Jones was tryin to pull some crazy flying submission. Dc did hit him after the belt, Jones was pretty much tellin him too "suck it" in return.

but missed the class." Randy Couture.

With classless big headed arrogant champions like Jones and rousey, this sport is going downhill in a hurry. Turning into boxing, what oldschool mma fans didn't want. Sad...
Arrogance is a problem, but it's especially a big problem when paired dishonesty, ignorance, and a tendency to harm other people unnecessarily. The two people you mentioned, and Dana White fit all of those categories and as such will become poison to the company the longer they reign. Since "heels" only make money when people think they are going to lose. A heel dominating the company just hemorrhages fans.

Last edited:
Back