"A man should win with class and lose with class, I had Jones 4-1...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by See O, Jan 4, 2015.

1. See O

See O Purple Belt

but missed the class." Randy Couture.

With classless big headed arrogant champions like Jones and rousey, this sport is going downhill in a hurry. Turning into boxing, what oldschool mma fans didn't want. Sad...

2. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

Keeps the forums interesting that's for sure!

3. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Saku Spring Staff Member Forum Administrator

This from the guy who said "I guess it's better to be lucky than good" right after Brock Lesnar knocked him out.

Settle down Randy.

4. Qabiri

Qabiri Purple Belt

Big personalities help grow the sport

5. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

Randy Couture spanked Tito in their fight and then laughed at him when he cried when they were announcing the decision.

Also claimed Lesnar was "lucky" right after he hammerfisted him into oblivion.

I guess we need more respectful guys like that.

6. J180

J180 Brown Belt

Class after saying he wants Jones career/life to go in a tailspin? Not happening.
    [YT]ckkaOPjvVSY[/YT]

"You won't see him winning 10 in a row anymore," said Cormier. "He'll win some, but then he'll lose some, then he'll go searching for answers. He'll go up to heavyweight, he'll come back down. My goal is not only to beat him and take his belt, I'm coming to throw his whole career into a tailspin. Because not only is he going to lose this fight, it's going to put doubt and questions in his head, he'll never be able to answer them. You're going to see a different man whenever he gets out of that cage on Jan. 3."

Cormier says he'd absolutely be willing to face Jones again in an immediate rematch, but that he believes 'Bones' would need to be convinced to take the fight.

"Right away," said Cormier. "I'll beat him up again. I'll beat him on Jan. 3., he'll come right back, I'll beat him again. When a guy that believes the way that he is, he won't be the same. So not only will he lose to me, but his career is going to go in a tailspin. His head will be spinning. He won't know what's going on. This dude's in for a rude awakening. I'm looking to rid MMA of Jon Jones."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/...er-cm-punk-dana-white-anderson-silva-mma-news

7. RedSoul

RedSoul Invisible Belt

100% agree with Randy and you.

8. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

I agree that's not very classy, though it's pretty accurate given how their fight went. Randy had survived the musclebound gorilla phase of the fight and was starting to take it over.

Then Lesnar landed a Hail Mary punch and won the fight.

9. Qabiri

Qabiri Purple Belt

I like Randy a great deal (he's a hero), but I think a lot of wrestlers were a little over-invested in this fight and are taking it personally

10. Fosheez**

Fosheez** Green Belt

And if Jones had did the usual, "He's a good fighter blah blah blah" Everyone would be screaming manufactured hype.

11. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I wouldn't put Rousey in the same ballpark of classlessness as Jones. Rousey never liked Meisha, had to shoot an entire season of TUF with her. And refused to shake her hand after the fight. Rousey has since shown her next two opponents respect.

As opposed to Jones that talks shit before, during, and after the fights of about every one of his opponents.

12. Fosheez**

Fosheez** Green Belt

I don't understand where this Couture is a hero thing came from. I guess he has good PR people because from all accounts, the guy is a total scumbag in real life.

13. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Saku Spring Staff Member Forum Administrator

That's a foggy memory, at least from the perspective of mine. That fight was up for grabs both ways when Brock knocked him out. Also calling a punch 'lucky' is just so silly almost all of the time. No one knows that better than a fighter like Randy. He tried to punch you and he did.

14. bref

bref Black Belt

Says the guy who spanked Tito.

15. jase0910

jase0910 Purple Belt

Examples, please? Preferably ones that he initiated....

16. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

Couture has very little class. He lied to all of his fans about what UFC was paying him, he's pathologically unfaithful to his wives. He's a bigger phony than "religious Jones".

When the is a press conference that shows that in a battle of truthfulness, you lost to Dana White, you are not classy.

17. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

This is all that needs to be said.

18. Lacet

Lacet Green Belt

I want to see guys fighting each other, not looking for someone to marry my daughter. I don't give a f**k If they have class or not. Just want to see good fights and I don't have a problem with legit feuds

19. edirp

edirp Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Prime Randy would easily overwhelm Jones just like he did against Sylvia and the first meeting with Liddell. I can picture Randy picking Jones up and slamming his ass like he did to Napao.

20. Qabiri

Qabiri Purple Belt

I like Randy for the same reasons I like Jones -- their accomplishments in the cage and the entertaining fights they've provided. For him to go HW champ to LHW champ and then come out of retirement to briefly dominate as HW champ again was unreal and makes him a hero in my eyes. I know next to nothing about his personal life and I'm not interested.