1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

A lot of you don't understand PEDs as well as you think

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Macalpinerules, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Macalpinerules

Macalpinerules Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

When Jon Jones got popped for what turned out to be Estrogen Blockers, many of you immediately screamed cheater. According to the steroid experts of Sherdog a person uses Estrogen Blockers for only 1 of 2 things: Cancer recovery or post-steroid therapy. Well, unsurprisingly this notion is wrong.

Ive tried to bite my tongue, but many of you have gone to far with painting Jon with a guilty brush.

Back in 2008 I had a serious bout of depression. It was likely brought on as a result of some problems I was having with my father and girlfriend. My father had a rare stamp collection which he seemingly lost interest in so I sold it and used the money to pay off a gambling debt. Several weeks later, my father called me and informed me that his stamp collection had been stolen. When I corrected him and told him what really happened, he swore to God he would cut my balls off and feed them to a group of stray cats who had made a home in my parents garage. I told my father I didn't give a fuck what he threatened to do because the guys I had the gambling debts with were promising to do much worse to me and they didn't have a bad back or walked with a cane or watched Fox News for 14 hours a day. When he hung up it would be 11 months before we spoke again.

As for my girlfriend, she got bitten by a tick and developed Lyme Disease as a result. She became very ill tempered which at times bordered on insanity. One night she left our apartment in a fit of rage after an argument and went missing for three days. After I filed a missing's person report on her the police found her laying on a bench at the local train station. When she came back she told me we had to split and she would be moving in with her parents. And she further gutted me when she finally admitted how our rent had gotten discounted the last few months: she was sleeping with the landlord and cooking him exquisite meals. Now that she was leaving, my rent would have to go back up because I certainly wasn't prepared to fuck the landlord and cook him meals.

So that's how it happened. I fell into a depression and it got progressively worse, day by day. I wasn't just living in darkness, I was becoming the darkness. And it was obvious to all those who knew me.

One day a longtime friend of mine offered me a bottle of pills. He said they would help me with the muddy feelings I was having. I took them without asking for specific details. I trusted in my friend and sure enough he was right. After about three weeks of the pills I was fucking shit up again. I felt rejuvenated and happy to be alive. I signed up for a salsa dance course, I volunteered at an animal shelter, I started lifting heavy and making natty gains, I fixed shit with my father and got him to admit his stamps were stupid and a childish endeavor, and I got back in touch with my girl and became friends.

One day my friend told me what the magic pills were. They were not vitamin D as he originally claimed. They were in fact Estrogen Blockers. He said he recommended them to me because they helped him beat a worse case of the iggly wigglys than I had. Now I'm no scientist, but the EBs made all the difference in the world for me. I didn't use them to mask steroid use, I used them to beat depression.

So my advice to you all is to learn about these substances better before you claim to be expert by declaring the complete range of possible reasons why people use certain substances. In Jon's case, he probably was using them for a similar reason as mine.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Ken Oath

Ken Oath Brown Belt

Cool Story Bro.

3. Gazwald

Gazwald Banned Banned

Talking like you're Sherdog's resident roid expert isn't a good move, even if you were an expert on the subject.

Glad you got over your depression though.

4. BoosieBoo

BoosieBoo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

5. in the liver

in the liver Mo froots Yellow Card

he lied they were vitamin D

he probably lied they were estrogen blockers

i have no idea what your friends issue is with giving rogan some props but he was clearly slipping you the alpha brain

freelanzr, hymn, Roukas and 1 other person like this.
  6. The MMA Patriot

The MMA Patriot - Double Yellow Card

dude what the fuck...

no one's going to read that shit what the fuck is wrong with you OP?

7. in the liver

in the liver Mo froots Yellow Card

the guy writes pages and pages of self indulgent therapy anecdotes on sherdog and you think he's not depressed? lol

8. TheIrishPsycho

TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

Ugh your right but agreeing with you is painful - we didn't need the fucking sob story either - your post needs to be just the first two or three lines.

King Kerns and Myrddin Wild like this.
  9. BoosieBoo

BoosieBoo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

discrawg, Jesus X, CTEGod and 3 others like this.
  10. Thesnake101

Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

If Jones was depressed then why did he take the fight in the first place? Surely you would think that his team noticed that and instead of giving him a banned substance they would give him some time to get better.

Also, how did the Hendricks thing go?

discrawg likes this.
  11. Codpiece

Codpiece Not afraid to care

That was a pretty good read, even though I don't believe much of it is true.

Then again, lots of athletes are given random pills by their 'friends' and take them without question, then they feel great and get on top of stuff and make natty gains too....so maybe it's all real!

Nova Union and Reapzz like this.
  12. snw10mm

snw10mm Sherdog Dermatologist on-call Platinum Member

Note to self: do not take an unlabeled bottle of pills from friends. And do not read posts by Mcalpinerules.

13. Gazwald

Gazwald Banned Banned

I don't pay much attention to who's posting. Esp in the heavies.

14. Leinster Rugby

Leinster Rugby Black Belt

15. BC

BC Helax

[​IMG]
    Your friend gave you pills?
    [​IMG]
    He told you they were vitamin D
    [​IMG]
    He lied?
    [​IMG]
    I said he lied?
    He told you they were estrogen blockers?
    [​IMG]
    He lied again, I said he lied again
    [​IMG]

What you took wasn't no estrogen blockers son ehh ehhh
    What you took was pill formed horse meat

16. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

How about this idea:

If you're depressed, don't take something that is also regularly used as a PED.

Likely story bra

17. sadclown

sadclown Banned Banned

What was jon jones depressed about?

18. Lawplace

Lawplace Purple Belt

Nice blog, I hope to God it's fake

shanegotu11 likes this.
  19. FedorFanBoy

FedorFanBoy SLEEP EAT MMA REPEAT Double Yellow Card

If evrything you wrote is true i hope you are not changing into Breastin 25/8.

<10>

Mr Wings likes this.
  20. Bmartin89

Bmartin89 Purple Belt

[​IMG]