A Loss for JDS

Seriously I don't think JDS will cope well if he loses to Cain (again)

from watching Primetime I had no idea he has had a lot of concerning health issues since his last Cain fight and over-training etc
Getting his blood taken and checked several times a day, was quite worrying to see all that in Episode 1 of Primetime.
Also he was badly badly depressed after the loss (understandably) but how will JDS cope IF he lost again to Cain?

Any other JDS fans concerned for his welfare and health and the impact of a second loss?

young-junior-dos-santos.png

I am a big JDS fan, but that's the fight game. Losing is one thing. Getting beaten like a dog for 5 rounds in a champion fight is another. Especially, for an undefeated guy. Given how complete and relentless it was and without any "lucky punches" it would be shocking if JDS was mentally ok.

It takes massive confidence to bounce back from something like that. I actually think this fight might be too soon.

Lol I said GrindingAnarchy didn't want an account bet whereas I did. I never back down from anything. My track record on here shows this

How bout you give me your account after the duration of your sig bet with GrindingAnarchy is over? #dbsh

The only 2 fighters who can cause problems to JDS to some extent, imo, are Cormier and Barnett because they have the tools to force their gameplan on Junior.

I think Cormier is not that serious about LHW considering his history. He is just "stalling" to avoid fighting Cain and will fight JDS whether Junior loses or wins.

Having good footwork and length, good speed, power, great jab and right straight that would make JDS' rabbit punches look slow in comparison? good wrestling to come with it, his gas tank is no worse than JDS' either.

And I would counter that Miocic's strength of striking is where JDS shines the most. I would also argue that if one were to look at JDS in the third round of most of his fights, he looks much fresher than Miocic in his second with Struve. I would also argue that JDS is a much more proven finisher against better opposition, and that expecting Miocic to outbox him for the three/five rounds the battle would last takes a slight stretch of the imagination.

JDS also has good take down defense, and expecting Miocic to be able to use his wrestling to great effect is, while more plausible, also not an easily defendable position to take. I guess I am saying that it takes a special look at the past of these two fighters to see a future in which Miocic beats JDS. I'm not saying that it is impossible, but I am saying that where the two of them are now in their careers, it is much more delusional to say that Miocic beats JDS than to say that the opposite would happen.

I keep reading that if Cain wins JDS won't fight for the belt as long as Cain holds it, my question is if JDS wins the rubber match, does Cain face that same dilemma? Not another shot at the belt while JDS holds it?

I'm more worried about cain if this happens again

1.gif

Love both these guys and slightly prefer Cain but even a hardcore JDS fan can tell the beating he took was far more hazardous to his long term health than Cain getting TKod.

Sad thing about this fight is one of these champions is going to get stuck in limbo for a few years and it will be decided in the tiniest of detail.

No because Cormier and Miocic would beat him too. I do not see JDS beating Miocic nevertheless Cormier. Too bad the UFC didn't give JDS to Cormier because they know that when Cormier beats JDS, Cormier won't fight Cain.

Remember when Hunt was going to expose Junior's striking, knock him out, and forever knock him into irrelevancy? Good times mate.

Nah, he'll rebuild and go get a couple of k.o.'s and be given a shot.

I keep reading that if Cain wins JDS won't fight for the belt as long as Cain holds it, my question is if JDS wins the rubber match, does Cain face that same dilemma? Not another shot at the belt while JDS holds it?

I don't think so. Consensus is that JDSs win was a fluke and that Cain owns him. For the rivalry to continue JDS has to win. If Cain wins it simply confirms the confirms the consensus. If JDS pulls out the win. Cain will get another shot in a 18 - 24 months. JDS winning would be great because it would then make it an enduring rivalry. Hell if JDS wins this next fight, they could probably continue to match these guys up every couple of years regardless of the outcome.

Having said that, i think Cain destroys JDS.

Back