A Look Back at 2012 - The Definitive Fighter of the Year Thread (Long Read)

Actually this is a tough year to choose, simply because many fighters were inactive due to injury, and Bendo (who seems the obvious choice) had one quite close, then another very controversial win over Edgar.

I've gone with Cain, because even though he only fought twice, he looked like a man on a mission in the octagon, and beat JDS, who has looked amazing over the last 3 years in the UFC.

Pettis rematch or Gil are the only two fights that make sense at this point.

I look forward to a pettis rematch, but I expect bendo to gsp top control Pettis for 5 rounds judging by his Nate Diaz fight and the fact guida held Pettis Down. Bendo does not want a ninja kick ruining his hair.

It will be nice to see if Gil is legit in a title fight with Bendo. :p

Off topic.
It has to suck being Jim Miller he can beat anyone in the division besides the champs or number one contenders. He is Kenny Florian without title shots

Pettis if he can get past Cerrone, so he can avenge his last loss.

Any guesses on his strategy to be fair, I expect him to just use top control, I'm butt hurt he beat frankie if I am gonna be honest with you though.

I look forward to a pettis rematch, but I expect bendo to gsp top control Pettis for 5 rounds judging by his Nate Diaz fight and the fact guida held Pettis Down. Bendo does not want a ninja kick ruining his hair.

It will be nice to see if Gil is legit in a title fight with Bendo. :p

Off topic.
It has to suck being Jim Miller he can beat anyone in the division besides the champs or number one contenders. He is Kenny Florian without title shots

I think Kenflo is a notch above Miller, but yes, Miller is very talented. He just fights in a shark tank. I'd like to see him face Cerrone at some point in his career.

Great Thread TS

Thank you.

tumblr_m0zk677YUG1r99f4t.gif

Cain has the most impressive win of the year. He dethroned the #1 guy in his division, handing him his first defeat in the octagon, and avenged his one and only loss to regain the title. That feat alone earns him FotY.

Do you guys think Jon Jones would be more popular if he had knockout power?

Bump.

If you guys vote, please post in the thread who you voted for and why. Thanks.

Hendricks! Can't vote for Benson since he lost to Frankie.

Close race between Cain and Bendo. That's kind of what I figured the results would look like.

I said if velasquez beats jds he should be fighter of the year. People disagreed with me and said bendo should be awarded with that title. However I think condit is the true fighter of the year.

What are you blathering about?

It should be ANDERSON SILVA because of the impeccable performance and astounding achievements he contributed this year.

He retired Chael Sonnen, Bonnar and he did them with sharp finishes.

Back