Media A look at Sergei Pavlovich's career so far

Athletically he's fantastic, 6'3 255lbs with an 83in reach, maybe the divisions fastest hands and legitimate power. He has a solid wrestling and Sambo base but I haven't seen it tested or used a ton and his cardio is for sure decent from what I remember in his Fight Night Global days (Mokhnatkin being one of his best wins to date).

He's also very young for a heavyweight, he lost to Overeem at only 26 in his UFC debut and he's now only 30, he has 4-6 years of prime left at Heavyweight. He hasn't really been tested vs the top of the division yet but I have had my eye on him as a potential champion for years. That said, his game still kinds lacks refinement and focus compared to guys like Gane, Blaydes and Aspinall and prior guys like Cormier, Stipe, JDS, Cain etc. We've seen him be the hammer a whole lot but he gets wild and hasn't been tested under pressure much. Still a lot of questions.

I think he smashes Tai, hes just athletically so so superior and his punching is so much faster and crisper but I'll be watching his defense and refinement a lot in the striking to see if he's continued to sharpen and grow as a fighter still. I think he could give N'Gannou real trouble honestly (I still favor NGannou), but I wonder how he'd fair vs Gane or Blaydes, they both would test him in big ways.

Last edited:
I haven't seen much of his video footage. Sergei is big, athletic, powerful, fast/quick, seems to have good footwork, very active and throws combinations so he is able to overwhelm opponents. Has a wrestling / sambo base, so he should be able to handle strikers and grapplers. Also seems to have a good fight IQ and he knows when to press or become the counter-puncher and then go on the attack after he lands something substantial. My only complaint is that he often throws wide looping punches which is ok when you are the superior fighter or your opponent is damaged or covering up. But throwing wide vs. someone technical like Gane is a recipe for getting blasted with a solid counter punch while wide open.

Last edited:
I don't get the Sergei having the fastest hands at HW. Thought the consensus on here was he was kinda slow and stiff. He definitely could use better striking technique.

EDIT: Just went back and watched the black beast fight and can we talk about that horrible stoppage?

Fast hands, big power and is not scared to stand and bang.

I almost wish UFC HW division had a champion so we can test him.

I favor him vs Tai but his style plays into Tuivasa strenght. That should be a good and very violent fight.

I don't get the Sergei having the fastest hands at HW. Thought the consensus on here was he was kinda slow and stiff. He definitely could use better striking technique.

EDIT: Just went back and watched the black beast fight and can we talk about that horrible stoppage?

Absolutely, he most certainly does not have faster hands than Aspinall.

He is alright but I don't really see anything next level with him. He does hit hard and it goes a long way in the HW division.
If he beats Blaydes, then I'll be all-in.

Lewis was doing his turtle impression like he always do when he folds and quits.

But I agree ref should have let Sergei punch him to Bolivia.

Lewis was doing his turtle impression like he always do when he folds and quits.

But I agree ref should have let Sergei punch him to Bolivia.
Dude wasn't even rocked, so he wasn't even close to being in Bolivia yet. Maybe he was on the plane heading there but waiting for it to take flight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back