A little late but ... Cain vs Werdum rematch?

Wooting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Has Dana released any information as to why this was even considered? Even IF there were no legit contenders lined up it seems like the absolute worst immediate rematch in UFC history.

Excuses get rematches? Cain was out classed almost every second over the course of multiple rounds then finished, that left literally ZERO questions. I mean its fine if Cain fought a few times and they rematched down the road but this is just sad and I really dont understand what the reasoning was.

My only guess is that the UFC benefits more financially by having Cain as champion, more than anyone else.

With this rematch and Gustaffson getting a LHW title shot, the UFC's matchmaking lately is bizarre.

If Cain loses he might never get another title shot, at least as long as Werdum holds the belt.

Lets not kid ourselves, Cain would annihilate everyone not named Werdum.

2 Things. I think Junior should be getting the shot because he has beaten Werdum before quite easily and will do it again.
However Junior beat Cain easily and quickly on the first encounter then Cain came back and wrecked him twice. We could have a repeat of this scenario with Cain and Werdum.
Juniors striking style however and takedown defense is the best in the HW division. His slippery elusive style is going to be too difficult for Werdum to work with.

Does Cain have some type of immediate rematch clause in his UFC contract? horrible rematch

Agree that this is a stupid rematch, UFC continues to look bush league.

2 Things. I think Junior should be getting the shot because he has beaten Werdum before quite easily and will do it again.
However Junior beat Cain easily and quickly on the first encounter then Cain came back and wrecked him twice. We could have a repeat of this scenario with Cain and Werdum.
Juniors striking style however and takedown defense is the best in the HW division. His slippery elusive style is going to be too difficult for Werdum to work with.

Yea, but Junior has some mileage on him now.
He might beat Werdum, but it's not a sure thing.
Junior's boxing isn't as crisp as it was 4 yrs ago.

I'm looking forward to Cain reclaiming his Championship again for the third time.

Back