A Link to the past Fans... should i start with Dark world or Light world

snkst

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
u have to know atleast ALTTP basics to clue in on what im saying here

ive been off and on for the past couple months playing ALTTP, and while I was playing lastnight I suddenly realized ive been playing DarkWorld for the past week without even knowing it..[I mustve used the magicmirror and forgot to beam myself back] I have found 1 of the 7 crystals in DarkWorld, and then I did the mirror thing and it went to LightWorld, I then went to LightWorld map and noticed no crystals flashing on the map[unlike DarkWorld map].. so then I asked myself do I continue with DarkWorld finding crystals, or do I go back to LightWorld to finish quests..[since that's where u start when u 1st turn on the game]

also, in Dark World im at this small dungeon where another crystal lays but I cant reach the ladder because the water isn't filled up, [theres obviously a switch] I dunno if the answer to my problem is in light world or dark world..

so.. im also wondering if theres something u may need from lightworld in order to finish a darkworld quest and viceversa..

so ya is it better to finish everything in lightworld and THEN move on to darkworld??

Stick to Dark World, Light World is only used to find certain items and open up paths for Dark World.

You need to go to Light World to open up the water in dark world, you also need the flippers from Light World.

Last edited:
Stick to Dark World, Light World is only used to find certain items and open up paths for Dark World.

You need to go to Light World to open up the water in dark world, you also need the flippers from Light World.

f*ck thanks man, i ran into long missions right away in dark world and i wanted to really just smoke a bowl and go exploring finding items in smaller quests in the bright beautiful lightworld im probably gonna end up doin that now.

the game is MUCH bigger than i imagined too, cool long adventures ..

You're going to be going back and forth between both worlds quite a bit to get everything. This is assuming that you're going for 100% completion.

You're going to be going back and forth between both worlds quite a bit to get everything. This is assuming that you're going for 100% completion.

ya I have no intentions of playing this game in a quick rush, considering my schedule and the amount of times I give up after being intimidated and discouraged after losing consecutively to the same boss it'll be literally years when I finish this behemoth of a game..

I remember getting stuck for a long time before figuring out how to get to the other half of the map in the dark world. It was easy I just always missed it. Kind if the cape. I thought I checked that area a hundred times. But somehow I just kept missing it.

It was a fun game. Trying to find every heart, bottle, and the invisibility cape took awhile.

I still own this game on the SNES. Anyway, for advice, I guess just explore. You should pretty much know what to do if you explore.

I remember getting stuck only once. Late in the game. With the ocarina. And the girl following you. And also crossing to the half of the map in the dark world.

Last edited:
ya I have no intentions of playing this game in a quick rush, considering my schedule and the amount of times I give up after being intimidated and discouraged after losing consecutively to the same boss it'll be literally years when I finish this behemoth of a game..

Another thing to keep in mind is you don't have to do the Dark World dungeons in the order they're listed. I did a couple out of place for the hell of it. Exploration is key here, as you can get to different parts of the Dark World earlier than the game would have you think.

Another thing to keep in mind is you don't have to do the Dark World dungeons in the order they're listed. I did a couple out of place for the hell of it. Exploration is key here, as you can get to different parts of the Dark World earlier than the game would have you think.

I didn't even know that there listed in a specific order. I like the leeway the game gives u to do whatever u want, if ya don't wanna do a specific quest it'll take ya 2 seconds to find another especially early in the game where I am.

A Link to The Past is such a better game fundamentally than twilight princess. For 8 hours they literally are stopping the gameplay to tell you how to do things. And it's extremely linear. Where Alttp is an open world where you can go back and forth at will from light world to dark. Just such a great game.

Man what a goddamgoddamn amazing game in every way. I remember playing it for the first time and being blown away that the game had rain in the opening scene. The snes was an amazing console for rpgs and adventure games, maybe the goat.

replayed it 1 year ago...still remember where everything is lol

What? The only way to complete the game is to beat all the dungeons. There's nothing to do in Lightworld except sidequests. I guess you have to go there to unlock the best weapons, but this isn't an either/or option at all.

I didn't even know that there listed in a specific order. I like the leeway the game gives u to do whatever u want, if ya don't wanna do a specific quest it'll take ya 2 seconds to find another especially early in the game where I am.

There's some freedom, but it's not total freedom. You can follow this pattern:

1, (2 or 3 or 4), (5 or 6), (7 or 5). I always go 1-4-3-2-6-7-5. You can't get to 2-3-4 without the item from 1, you can't beat 5 or 6 without the items from 2-3-4, and you can't beat 7 without the items from 2-3-4-6.

Alternatively, you can just go in to the dungeon and get the item that you need to progress, and then leave the dungeon. But you might as well finish it while you're in there.

Last edited:
how high do u guys have this game from all the Zelda games?

top 10, top 5?? do u have it higher just under Ocarina?

For nostalgia I might put it over Ocarina, but Ocarina really was an amazing game. I'd say it trades the top spot back and forth with Ocarina for me.

It's #1 for me. Ocarina is a great game, for sure, but there are enough flaws with it that I don't observe in LTTP that it can't be #1.

This game needs an HD remake.

Have you played A Link Between Worlds? It's effectively a reimagining of the game, set in the same Hyrule. It's a glorious, amazing game that every fan of LTTP should play.

Back