A level athletes? Pft

why do you guys keep posting pics like this? you can carry body fat and still be an elite athlete. He's fat and probably has faster sprint times, top speed, vertical jump and strength than any soccer player

It sounds like you know football but man, you gotta stop with this nonsense.

Here is a link where it measures mph from the players fastest 40 time: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...ard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

Arjen Robben has been clocked at 23mph, which is faster than every single player on that list aside from the top guy. If you want to say on average football players are faster....sure. I'm not going to argue. But here is some evidence that it's certainly not true when talking about 300 lb. linemen. Arjen Robben reached a top speed faster than Chris fucking Johnson. Think about that.

Last edited:
why do you guys keep posting pics like this? you can carry body fat and still be an elite athlete. He's fat and probably has faster sprint times, top speed, vertical jump and strength than any soccer player

I agree that the fat guys in NFL are vastly more athletic than most Euros and Aussies give them credit for, but come on breh, you honestly think that theres NOBODY in soccer that can run as fast as him - even though its the largest talent pool of any sport, they're mostly under 200lbs and being able to run fast is a significant advantage for them?

I'd expect that there is an absolute fuck ton of soccer players with 4.3/4.4 type speed, probably even a few 4.2s, but we'll never know because they arent running 40s and officially recording their times.

It sounds like you know football but man, you gotta stop with this nonsense.

Here is a link where it measures mph from the players fastest 40 time: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...ard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

Arjen Robben has been clocked at 23mph, which is faster than every single player on that list aside from the top guy. If you want to say on average football players are faster....sure. I'm not going to argue. But here is some evidence that it's certainly not true when talking about 300 lb. linemen. Arjen Robben reached a top speed faster than Chris fucking Johnson. Think about that.

this has already been discussed, in 40 yard dash they are barely hitting top speed. And again, you are taking the fastest clocked soccer player in history probably and comparing to 1 single year of college kids. Most skill guys in the NFL during games have been clocked from 21-22 mph WITH FULL PADS AND CARRYING THE BALL. So 23mph is more than achievable by a large number of skill players.

FYI Tyrek Hill was clocked at 23.24 in 2016 (https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2016/all). So the fastest soccer player ever in history is slower than a guy wearing full pads in the NFL in one particular year. There's not much data on lineman top speed since they usually arent sprinting long enough distances to measure it, but based on some of their 40yrd times 20-21mph is possible

I agree that the fat guys in NFL are vastly more athletic than most Euros and Aussies give them credit for, but come on breh, you honestly think that theres NOBODY in soccer that can run as fast as him - even though its the largest talent pool of any sport, they're mostly under 200lbs and being able to run fast is a significant advantage for them?

I'd expect that there is an absolute fuck ton of soccer players with 4.3/4.4 type speed, probably even a few 4.2s, but we'll never know because they arent running 40s and officially recording their times.

Except their probably isn't. 40 yard time is as much about explosive start as it is about reaching speed quickly. Soccer players are lacking in explosiveness compared to NFL players. Ronaldo ran a 25m race from the blocks against some sprinter a while back, running and math nerds did the math using his known top speed and usain bolt's top speed for extrapolation and at absolute best he would run a 4.64-4.7. (Brock Lesnar ran a 4.7 btw for comparison). Even at 4.5, which the article states is impossible since he doesn't have usain bolt's top speed, he would be considered slow for a skill position player and on par with 250+ pound tight ends. Non americans completely underrate the explosiveness of NFL players.
https://xcountrytrackathlete.wordpr...d-cristiano-ronaldo-run-the-nfl-40-yard-dash/

Last edited:
Except their probably isn't. 40 yard time is as much about explosive start as it is about reaching speed quickly. Soccer players are lacking in explosiveness compared to NFL players. Ronaldo ran a 25m race from the blocks against some sprinter a while back, running and math nerds did the math using his known top speed and usain bolt's top speed for extrapolation and at absolute best he would run a 4.64-4.7. (Brock Lesnar ran a 4.7 btw for comparison). Even at 4.5, which the article states is impossible since he doesn't have usain bolt's top speed, he would be considered slow for a skill position player and on par with 250+ pound tight ends. Non americans completely underrate the explosiveness of NFL players.
https://xcountrytrackathlete.wordpr...d-cristiano-ronaldo-run-the-nfl-40-yard-dash/

Lol so basically the only people on the planet who can run 4.5s and lower all miraculously happen to be in America playing one almost exclusively American sport? what a strange coincidence eh?

And you can find college soccer players that have 10x as good endurance as him. Also soccer requires A-level coordination which NFL doesn't by any stretch of the imagination. Different sports, different types of athletes. Comparing them like this makes no sense.

Adrian Peterson runs over all of Real Madrid. Manlets strewn about the field holding their legs

Yes, most of those guys are geared up out of their minds.

But no amount of gear is gonna get someone to run as fast as a Dion Sanders, Bo Jackson or a Randy Moss.
Now those were some A level guys, i Miss the good old days of sports.

And you can find college soccer players that have 10x as good endurance as him. Also soccer requires A-level coordination which NFL doesn't by any stretch of the imagination. Different sports, different types of athletes. Comparing them like this makes no sense.

Soccer requires no more coordination than a football receiver and much less than a quarter back

Soccer requires no more coordination than a football receiver and much less than a quarter back

LOL, you're out of your mind if you think that. Messi (or any soccer player of that calibre) makes the entire NFL-roster look like clumbsy taxi drivers with arthritis. NFL players are fast, explosive and strong but they can't move like a soccer player or a gymnast.

LOL, you're out of your mind if you think that. Messi (or any soccer player of that calibre) makes the entire NFL-roster look like clumbsy taxi drivers with arthritis.

No he doesn't, he's no quicker or faster than your typical running back/wide receiver in the NFL while also being a manlet. He has good ball skills which is what separates him, soccer is a skill sport more than an athleticism sport similar to tennis, golf and baseball.

I don't follow soccer too much but google shows me that ronaldo is faster than messi, and I've already linked articles showing that ronaldo at best would run a 4.6-4.7 40 which is SLOW for NFL and what a 250-280lb tight end or linebacker would run. Guys like saquan barkley and mccoy would embarass messi in any type of timed agility or cutting drills, he is simply good at dribbling a ball better than other soccer athletes while being fast for a soccer player

this has already been discussed, in 40 yard dash they are barely hitting top speed. And again, you are taking the fastest clocked soccer player in history probably and comparing to 1 single year of college kids. Most skill guys in the NFL during games have been clocked from 21-22 mph WITH FULL PADS AND CARRYING THE BALL. So 23mph is more than achievable by a large number of skill players.

FYI Tyrek Hill was clocked at 23.24 in 2016 (https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2016/all). So the fastest soccer player ever in history is slower than a guy wearing full pads in the NFL in one particular year. There's not much data on lineman top speed since they usually arent sprinting long enough distances to measure it, but based on some of their 40yrd times 20-21mph is possible

You are being extremely hypocritical here and going in circles man. You can't have it both ways. NFL uses 40 time, take it or leave it. I've watched you praise 40 times when it favors NFL players, yet bash it when it doesn't. I have posted on this website, soccer players who have been clocked faster than football players in a 100m, but that doesn't satisfy you.

Secondly, do you not realize Chris Johnson has the 2nd fastest 40 time ever? Meaning, he is certainly one of the fastest players of all time. You run the combine with no pads on. Arjen Robben has been clocked faster than Chris Johnson. What do you want?

Third, that is a cool link you posted and amazing Tyreek Hill ran that fast. Once again though, he is probably the fastest player in the league. He ran slightly faster than Robben and he had pads on which is impressive. Still, Robben is faster than what appears to be 90-95% of NFL players. Your argument was literally "this fat ass lineman can outrun any soccer player". Can you at least admit that was ridiculous?

I know I'm being defensive because I played soccer. I'm not saying soccer players are all better athletes. I'm saying when it comes to speed, you gotta concede it's close. Just because Robben doesn't look like Calvin Johnson, doesn't mean he can't beat most players in a race. I mean, we have scientific evidence here.

You are being extremely hypocritical here and going in circles man. You can't have it both ways. NFL uses 40 time, take it or leave it. I've watched you praise 40 times when it favors NFL players, yet bash it when it doesn't. I have posted on this website, soccer players who have been clocked faster than football players in a 100m, but that doesn't satisfy you.

Secondly, do you not realize Chris Johnson has the 2nd fastest 40 time ever? Meaning, he is certainly one of the fastest players of all time. You run the combine with no pads on.

Third, that is a cool link you posted and amazing Tyreek Hill ran that fast. Once again though, he is probably the fastest player in the league. He ran slightly faster than Robben and he had pads on which is impressive. Still, Robben is faster than what apperas to be 90-95% of NFL players. Your argument was literally "this fat ass lineman can outrun any soccer player". Can you at least admit that was ridiculous?

I know I'm being defensive because I played soccer. I'm not say soccer players are all better athletes. I'm saying when it comes to speed, you gotta concede it's close. Just because Robben doesn't look like Calvin Johnson, doesn't mean he can't beat most players in a race. I mean, we have scientific evidence here.

You still don't get it, 40 yard dash is an acceleration test not a top speed test. Most sprinters hit their top speed around 50m in a 100m run, the 40 yard dash is 36 meters. I could keep going through the various measured top speeds in pads through the years and find more that beat him, lots of NFL players have better top speed and significantly better acceleration

You still don't get it, 40 yard dash is an acceleration test not a top speed test. Most sprinters hit their top speed around 50m in a 100m run, the 40 yard dash is 36 meters. I could keep going through the various measured top speeds in pads through the years and find more that beat him, lots of NFL players have better top speed and significantly better acceleration

So are you going to admit that what you said was stupid as fuck?

Or are you going to sit here and stand by the claim that a 300 lb. lineman can beat "most soccer players in a race"?

If it's the latter, I don't know what to say to you. You are so far lost into the NFL propaganda it's ridiculous. Those guys are freak athletes, no doubt. But I have posted several soccer players with NFL caliber speed. But you know, Terrance Knighton would beat them all in a race. He's in the NFL bro....

So are you going to admit that what you said was stupid as fuck?

Or are you going to sit here and stand by the claim that a 300 lb. lineman can beat "most soccer players in a race"?

If it's the latter, I don't know what to say to you. You are so far lost into the NFL propaganda it's ridiculous. Those guys are freak athletes, no doubt. But I have posted several soccer players with NFL caliber speed. But you know, Terrance Knighton would beat them all in a race. He's in the NFL bro....

it wasn't stupid. Ronaldo's estimated 40 time is 4.6-4.7 based on using his 25m dash time and extrapolating out with a very generous top speed. he's one of the faster players in the world. The top 5 defensive lineman in 2018 all ran sub 4.7 40s. So it's not ridiculous at all to claim that many lineman would beat the majority of soccer players in a sprint, especially if it's from a dead start.

I'm an American, but I think Americans have this flawed sense of "athleticism". For whatever reason, hockey, baseball, and soccer players are rarely included. It seems as if you have to play in the NFL or NBA to be an "A level athlete". Wayne Gretzky was drafted or signed by the Toronto Blue Jays I believe. Joe Mauer had a full ride to be Nebraska's QB and was all-state in basketball. People just choose the big muscular guys and label them A level. Plenty of those guys have very little stamina, which is a part of athleticism. Cristiano Ronaldo is ripped to shreds and almost beat a Olympic sprinter in a 60m race.

A true A level athlete to me is someone like Lesnar. D1 National Champion wrestler, UFC HW Champ, made the Vikings without having played football for like 10 years. For his size, he has one of the craziest combine numbers you will ever see: 40 yard - 4.7, Vertical - 35 in, Bench - 30 reps....at 285 lbs. That's outrageous.

NFL has the easiest way of presenting athleticism, fast running, jumping, strength, pushing, pulling, footwork etc.

It's so easy to see why these guys are top tier athletes.

it wasn't stupid. Ronaldo's estimated 40 time is 4.6-4.7 based on using his 25m dash time and extrapolating out with a very generous top speed. he's one of the faster players in the world. The top 5 defensive lineman in 2018 all ran sub 4.7 40s. So it's not ridiculous at all to claim that many lineman would beat the majority of soccer players in a sprint, especially if it's from a dead start.

What is your fascination with Ronaldo? He is NOT one of the fastest players in the world and it is clear you don't follow soccer. He and Messi are the best players in the world. Tom Brady certainly isn't the fastest NFL player is he? Probably one of the slowest QB's in the league.

Once again, you JUST discredited the 40 time, now you are using it as evidence.

Darren Campbell was a soccer player turned sprinter. He ran the 100m in 10.04 seconds. But that doesn't count. He isn't in the NFL. Not an A-level athlete.

NFL has the easiest way of presenting athleticism, fast running, jumping, strength, pushing, pulling, footwork etc.

It's so easy to see why these guys are top tier athletes.

Never disagreed with that. What I'm saying is many people immediately eliminate other athletes who aren't in the NBA or NFL. That is ridiculous. I have a guy above me trying to say 300 lb. linemen would beat every soccer player in a race. I literally presented evidence of Arjen Robben running faster than Chris Johnson did during his 4.24 time for his 40. He's in the sunken place.

Back